d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Is There Any Pvp
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 77.00
Jan 22 2020 01:20am
Im looking around and didnt see anything about pvp ...

Theres any offical pvp league, some BO3/BO5 , Tournament, or some stuff like that?

* New to PoE, ty :)

This post was edited by mixbox on Jan 22 2020 01:20am
Gold: 3,750.00
Jan 22 2020 03:28pm
Doesn't exist, almost as bad as d3 pvp
Jan 22 2020 03:39pm
Quote (verynewb @ Jan 22 2020 04:28pm)
Doesn't exist, almost as bad as d3 pvp

Wait .. theres have no pvp arena?
Gold: 3,750.00
Jan 22 2020 05:11pm
There is PvP arena ..but no one does PvP cuz it's so garbage
Gold: 1,444.13
Jan 22 2020 05:25pm
pvp is balanced in poe unlike d2 so all these kids rage that there is no pvp
Jan 22 2020 05:35pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ Jan 22 2020 06:25pm)
pvp is balanced in poe unlike d2 so all these kids rage that there is no pvp

Aiiie ... Id think good pvp league missing to get that game the perfection haha! Ill give a try soon anyway, but personnaly, if I compare to d2; ill play a ton and farm so many hours to get some gg gear and owns some pvp game league .. dont know about farming just for "pvm". Haha! Any content that keeping the track for the endgame if no pvp into PoE? :)
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 23 2020 11:17am
Quote (mixbox @ Jan 23 2020 12:35am)
Aiiie ... Id think good pvp league missing to get that game the perfection haha! Ill give a try soon anyway, but personnaly, if I compare to d2; ill play a ton and farm so many hours to get some gg gear and owns some pvp game league .. dont know about farming just for "pvm". Haha! Any content that keeping the track for the endgame if no pvp into PoE? :)

back in the days i used to duel in d2 a lot and played poe after, so i kinda have experience with both.. ehm so where do i start.. so: POE PVP IS ABSOLUTE SHIT :cry: not only is it not as fun as d2, it doesnt even come close :wacko: you remember how the deciding factor in d2 duels was skill (well unless you go orb sorc vs dudu or something, in which case fuck you)? well skill doesnt mean shit in poe pvp. the deciding factors in poe pvp include, but are not limited to:

1) class. classes are rock/paper/scissors system, for example caustic arrow will demolish anything thats not CI. CI on the other hand is completely immune to caustic arrow, and will rape it hard. but there are things that rape CI, and those things are raped by caustic arrow...well at least thats an example from a year ago. meta classes change, but the rock/paper/scissors system never does

2) items. unlike in d2, items in poe mean a lot more than skill. skill doesnt matter for shit

3) build. the only thing that requires experience in poe duels is how you build the char. this is actually hard and requires you to know a lot about the game, or at least know someone who does

4) advanced strategies. spoiler alert: there are none. game is too constricted (small arenas, cooldown on teleport, very low limit on hotkeys), and lacks the unintentional errors that made d2 pvp even better and created dueling strategies (stuff like desynch, wsg, smite/foh stun etc)

tldr: from one d2 player to another, dont waste time on this shit if you want good pvp. poe endgame is basically getting good gear and then doing content to make even better gear, while having at least 3 trade apps open because the true poe endgame is a trading simulator :cry:
Jan 24 2020 06:08am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jan 23 2020 12:17pm)
back in the days i used to duel in d2 a lot and played poe after, so i kinda have experience with both.. ehm so where do i start.. so: POE PVP IS ABSOLUTE SHIT :cry: not only is it not as fun as d2, it doesnt even come close :wacko: you remember how the deciding factor in d2 duels was skill (well unless you go orb sorc vs dudu or something, in which case fuck you)? well skill doesnt mean shit in poe pvp. the deciding factors in poe pvp include, but are not limited to:

1) class. classes are rock/paper/scissors system, for example caustic arrow will demolish anything thats not CI. CI on the other hand is completely immune to caustic arrow, and will rape it hard. but there are things that rape CI, and those things are raped by caustic arrow...well at least thats an example from a year ago. meta classes change, but the rock/paper/scissors system never does

2) items. unlike in d2, items in poe mean a lot more than skill. skill doesnt matter for shit

3) build. the only thing that requires experience in poe duels is how you build the char. this is actually hard and requires you to know a lot about the game, or at least know someone who does

4) advanced strategies. spoiler alert: there are none. game is too constricted (small arenas, cooldown on teleport, very low limit on hotkeys), and lacks the unintentional errors that made d2 pvp even better and created dueling strategies (stuff like desynch, wsg, smite/foh stun etc)

tldr: from one d2 player to another, dont waste time on this shit if you want good pvp. poe endgame is basically getting good gear and then doing content to make even better gear, while having at least 3 trade apps open because the true poe endgame is a trading simulator :cry:

Thx friend for that reply! That's so bad for pvp thats dosent good enough to be play, but I may give a shot to PoE cayse the game seems so great! Tyty :)
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 24 2020 06:23am
Quote (mixbox @ Jan 24 2020 01:08pm)
Thx friend for that reply! That's so bad for pvp thats dosent good enough to be play, but I may give a shot to PoE cayse the game seems so great! Tyty :)

no problem :hug: ! i mean poe is really fun for a while, and if you are into pvm, poe is what you want :blush: ! but it is not d2, so you might wanna get that out of the way before you even start so you dont have false expectations :cry:
Jan 24 2020 07:01am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jan 24 2020 07:23am)
no problem :hug: ! i mean poe is really fun for a while, and if you are into pvm, poe is what you want :blush: ! but it is not d2, so you might wanna get that out of the way before you even start so you dont have false expectations :cry:

Yeah sure! Ill chabge my mind then and Ill go Pvm > PvP .. Never did this before .. but hey..! Lets try! Haha
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic