d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Rocket League > Hours Played Matchups
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 21 2020 11:02pm
I play 1v1 and I’m hovering around Silver 4 - Gold 1
I’ve played 11 hours in game but keep running into players with way more hours played. Is there nothing I can do to get matched up with players exposed to similar time as me? Seems unfair that I play for 11 hours and my opponent has over 500 hours at the same rank
Jan 22 2020 12:37pm
Tbh it just means your increasing you rank fast your doing good as far as the learning curve goes, try to keep getting better, the problem your prolly running into is not that you can't win, but that you have to "try-hard" and unfortunately/fortunately this game is veryyyy good at matching you up for the most part and after you have played ranked enough even your casual games won't be so casual.

Don't tell anyone but sometimes I jump on a Smurf account with friends who aren't as good just to have a couple smooth easy matches for fun but I try to incorporate mostly passes to my friends so it's not completely fucked for the other team

This is info from someone who hovers around gold 3 - plat 1 with over 5 days of game time duos, 3's (don't do too much solos)

P.s. it only gets sweatier the more you play lol and some days you may just be off your game

This post was edited by Senditsilly on Jan 22 2020 12:38pm
Jan 22 2020 07:07pm
you'll learn more & improve faster playing vs people that are better than you, might be frustrating at first but it'll pay off in the long run
and like silly said, it only gets sweatier lol
Gold: 8,762.35
Jan 23 2020 03:53pm
11 hours. ive played 1500 and still sit in gold for duels :D

Just play the game. In the end you will face people around your skill if you play ranked. You win some you lose some, if you win more than you lose you are better than your rank, if you lose more you are ranked higher than you should be.

It helps if you play in free play and just hit the ball hard and try to follow up on it. There are many videos for 1on1 on youtube and I've learned some tricks and tactics from there. I play duels maybe once a month tho, that's why i probably suck at them.
Go Back To Rocket League Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll