d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > From D2 To Poe
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 77.00
Jan 21 2020 12:36pm
Hey guys!

Im moving to D2 (12 years playing the game) t PoE (completly fresh newby)

What's the best things to know about the game, how to grind and everything, what's are the differeance and the same stuff between D2 and PoE, +++ ...

You have some URL that can help a new player ..? Link them, Ill gonna look at them for sure.

Thx in advance, and every little tip can help me! :)
Gold: 37,006.42
Jan 21 2020 02:45pm
well few key points i like about poe

Poe has a link skill system that makes any skill playable as long as you know how to build it correctly and dump enough money into it
you can tackle a single skill in many many way and not just be a cookie cutter
new league content and challenging boss that does stupid damage every league.. ( 3 month per league )
if you like to think about how to improve your build and not just follow something blindly you might find poe more interesting

your best bet is to just start and watch a newbie guide on how poe works and then just go in and build what you want, you will prob get sh1t on without making it through the campine but it can help you learn better on the next char.
spell casters are easier to start as.
Gold: 2,673.69
Jan 21 2020 10:44pm
Pick witch

Get zombie

Get skeleton

Hit every minion node

Walk around until you figure it out
Jan 22 2020 03:42pm
Quote (aznvico @ Jan 21 2020 03:45pm)
well few key points i like about poe

Poe has a link skill system that makes any skill playable as long as you know how to build it correctly and dump enough money into it
you can tackle a single skill in many many way and not just be a cookie cutter
new league content and challenging boss that does stupid damage every league.. ( 3 month per league )
if you like to think about how to improve your build and not just follow something blindly you might find poe more interesting

your best bet is to just start and watch a newbie guide on how poe works and then just go in and build what you want, you will prob get sh1t on without making it through the campine but it can help you learn better on the next char.
spell casters are easier to start as.

About the campain .. how does it work. Id see on a site that you have 10 act .. is that like d2 .. you have difficulties too? Like nirmal-nightmare-hell .. or after 10's you doen with the game. What about the end game content ?? :)

Quote (brigadier @ Jan 21 2020 11:44pm)
Pick witch

Get zombie

Get skeleton

Hit every minion node

Walk around until you figure it out

Yeah .. I may start with summ .. seemms really easy and no gear dependant .. really cheap too. Any other build than skellies/zombie or SRS as cheap/no gear dependant/and can clear the whole game pretty ez?
Jan 23 2020 03:30pm
Quote (mixbox @ Jan 22 2020 04:42pm)
About the campain .. how does it work. Id see on a site that you have 10 act .. is that like d2 .. you have difficulties too? Like nirmal-nightmare-hell .. or after 10's you doen with the game. What about the end game content ?? :)

Yeah .. I may start with summ .. seemms really easy and no gear dependant .. really cheap too. Any other build than skellies/zombie or SRS as cheap/no gear dependant/and can clear the whole game pretty ez?

the 10 act is a full story with all 3 difficulties.
the mid game is when you get into maps system
endgame is when you kill all the endgame bosses
Jan 24 2020 06:10am
Quote (aznvico @ Jan 23 2020 04:30pm)
the 10 act is a full story with all 3 difficulties.
the mid game is when you get into maps system
endgame is when you kill all the endgame bosses

Dang thxx!! :)

And what about a top3 stong build (can do the whole game) with no gear dependant and no $$ for a newbi. What should I start with? :)
Jan 24 2020 08:41am
Quote (mixbox @ Jan 24 2020 07:10am)
Dang thxx!! :)

And what about a top3 stong build (can do the whole game) with no gear dependant and no $$ for a newbi. What should I start with? :)

tbh... most endgame build needs some currency investment.
i heard you can face tank and ezpk the endgame boss with enough defence with a build using this weapon x 2 https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nebuloch on a jug
minions are also a good option since they dps for you, you basically just need to stay alive.
miners are also the goto for cheaper but high dps but to insta kill bosses needs huge investments
bleeding builds can be a good noobie play style but the build mechanic requires indepth knowledge

then again.. dont expect to make it even halfway to endgame on the first try lol unless u really follow a guide and understands some required dodging fights
Gold: 202.80
Jan 28 2020 07:38am
I start this ligue too after 10+ years in d2

Just take build and play dont be angry if you dunno something not all game content you must play ;)

Finish story line and start farm on maps :)

Btw i play aprox 1 month and i think poe > d2 > d3 :)

This post was edited by sqs_dziki on Jan 28 2020 07:39am
Gold: 143,419.99
Feb 26 2020 11:50pm
yea you want an easy starter build minion build, occultist vortex, or a heirophant totem build like freezing pulse totems or arc just depends on your style
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic