d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andrew Yang Crew
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Feb 20 2020 02:30pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 20 2020 02:10pm)
I see. Do you think that my characterization of this initial UBI as "a glorified extension of stood stamps: a standstill premium to prevent riots" is accurate?

yes that is accurate, especially the part of riots, and also because of boycotts. it wont be long before you see movements of people calling for boycotts of entirely automated products.

UBI isnt about building a utopia, its about prevent a dystopia.
Gold: 2,620.00
Feb 20 2020 08:02pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 20 Feb 2020 13:10)
I see. Do you think that my characterization of this initial UBI as "a glorified extension of stood stamps: a standstill premium to prevent riots" is accurate?

I think that's accurate.

My goal would be to implement a robust UBI system and decrease other welfare programs to reduce the size of the federal government and administrative inefficiency costs.

I think a universal healthcare system along with UBI and elimination of things like Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security would overall result in a healthier and better society and a more efficient allocation of resources.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 21 2020 08:38pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 18 2020 09:18pm)
The big question would be: how does he prevent a tsunami of slackers from moving to the city in order to pocket their free monthly $1k check?

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 20 2020 02:29pm)
What's the point of UBI if it doesnt even cover the cost of living?

Good points. I do agree that 1k a month is too much for every person. I think that the policy could be updated a certain way to make it work some how but not give everybody 1k a month. The thing I do like about it is that it would be a good way to get people off of social security and prevent government from interfering with what people do with there money. That would mean getting rid of all welfare frauds. Just a suggestion.

Just to add on the post 1k a month is not even enough to live on in NYC.

This post was edited by OrDe on Feb 21 2020 08:39pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Feb 22 2020 03:40am
Quote (OrDe @ 22 Feb 2020 03:38)
Good points. I do agree that 1k a month is too much for every person. I think that the policy could be updated a certain way to make it work some how but not give everybody 1k a month. The thing I do like about it is that it would be a good way to get people off of social security and prevent government from interfering with what people do with there money. That would mean getting rid of all welfare frauds. Just a suggestion.

Just to add on the post 1k a month is not even enough to live on in NYC.

Agreed. Giving 1k to absolutely everyone, as in the original concept of UBI, would just not be feasible. So I've come to agree with thesnipa on this point: introduce it for people who lost their job to automation or deindustrialization first, and once the administrative stuff is sorted out, we can phase out other forms of social security and include their recipients on the "U"BI payroll instead.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Feb 22 2020 03:41am
Gold: 17,384.69
Feb 22 2020 05:35am
Still on the 1k ? It's pure corruption for the masses, proposing a flat value is an insult for anyone understanding what inflation or purchase power are.
Not to mention the guy can be competent or even enlightened for simple (small to medium) business and some domestic issues he may hurt the wall of true politics.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll