d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Photography > Special Project > Read This If You Are In The D.c. Area
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 154,416.48
Jan 14 2020 07:51am
I have been tasked with quite the non-profit project and I would love to share the progress as I go but I am also in need of a little help. Specifically in avoiding a trip 1/2 across the country to take 19 photographs.

Anyhow, to explain in a bit more detail. I live in Sioux City, IA and one of my Tri-State Neighbors from South Sioux City, NE has come to my fabrication shop wanting to do a replica of the Korean War Monument in Washington D.C. for their Veteran Memorial Park. There are 19 soldiers in a triangle formation of sorts. The monument itself comprises of stainless steel statues which was not inside the budget of my client so they opted for a silhouette route. While I was able to find several photos of these statues on the internet most of them are not quite useful to me and many of them are duplicates. My plan is to create a silhouette statue for each of these great men that stand 5'10" - 6' 2". What I am in need of is any photos some of you may have taken/could take of these heroes to help me with this project.

I am not expecting anyone to go snap me a full frontal of all 19 of these statues but even if you happened to have just one or two of them that would be awesome.

Even if you dont have anything to share the monument is really something cool to check out here is one of the resources I am using to maintain accuracy down to the exact placement of each of the soldiers. https://www.abmc.gov/about-us/history/korean-war-memorial

Thanks,
Ant
Go Back To Photography Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll