d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Proposed Lvl 18 Tvt Rules > Iso Feedback
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2020 05:10am
Here is a list of proposed rules for euro lvl 18 tvt.
Some of these changes (from current 1v1 tournament rules) are fairly small, while other changes are larger.
The major changes have been highlighted in red.

Leave questions/comments for discussion. The rationale behind these points can be clarified if needed.

General Rules – lvl 18 TvT
• Duels will take place in the Blood Moor,
• Team captains say go on behalf of their entire team,
• No hacks of any kind or intentional bug abuse (this includes wsg!),
• No dupes, hybrid runewords, or items with slow (i.e. cleglaws gloves),
• No shrines, potions or precasting (going back to stash to buff skills),
• No using charged weapons/wands (with necro skills),
• No more than 75 max res or 25 life replenish (see build specific rules for exceptions),
Magic damage reduction is banned (exceptions: Stealth armor runeword),
Combined PDR + MDR cannot exceed 5,
Maximum 100 faster run/walk speed, excluding skill FRW,
• No excessively defensive play (i.e. teleporting/charging away to life rep)
• Act polite in-game: No rage, flame, spam, jumping or NK,

Class Specific rules:

Amazon
• Max 10 life rep (exception to general life rep rule),
• No C/T-ing or far-casting,
No glitched Treads of Cthon boots,
• Slow missile skill is banned

Paladin
• Holy Freeze, Holy Bolt, Prayer and Cleansing auras may not be used,
• No Might or Concentration auras allowed while charging

Necromancer
• Maximum 5 bonewalls allowed per screen (no enclosing/boxing in yourself),
Bone armor may not be recast in TVTs,
• Iron Maiden, Amplify Damage and Life Tap cures must not be used,
• Clay golem may be used if an opposing team has a zon or a charger

Druid
Max 40 life rep (exception to general life rep rule)
• No recasting Cyclone Armor

Sorceress
Max 35 life rep (exception to general life rep rule)

Assassin, Barbarian
• No further restrictions

Other thoughts comments:

I removed the etheral/rep only items rule. I've always thought this was dumb. Realistically, this is only hurting blade fury sins which aren't exactly OP. I also removed the "no nef runes in weapons other than in a rangers bow" rule, which served to further cripple the flexibility of blade fury sins for no apparent reason.

This post was edited by lld_mayhem on Jan 14 2020 05:29am
Gold: 46.00
Jan 14 2020 05:36am
here's 2 more rules to consider:
every1 fills their belts with id scrolls and nobody uses mana pots. Each dead body should drop a stash of id scrolls only. and 2, more the duels into the palace in act 2.
Jan 14 2020 05:46am
Quote (FlowingStream @ Jan 14 2020 12:36pm)
here's 2 more rules to consider:
every1 fills their belts with id scrolls and nobody uses mana pots. Each dead body should drop a stash of id scrolls only. and 2, more the duels into the palace in act 2.

Looool. Potions are already covered. Personally i use a full belt of town portals. Palace duels sound intense though
Gold: 5,495.69
Jan 14 2020 06:33am
Biggest problem I have here is there is nothing to address the overwhelming strongest 2v2 teams - pala/pala and pala/bowa (and maybe even bowa/bowa). In fact pala/bowa is going to be far more powerful now as I personally would swap a 5x 20max robo for a 4x 20max 1x nef when I know I have pala's might too.

I'll go through them 1 by 1 with my thoughts though (conscice thoughts in some places).

No FarCast - No problem with this. Dont think CS zons are any good even if they had it but either way its good.
No glitched treads - Definitely good.
Bone armor not recast in tvt - perfectly fine with this
Amp Damage - Less ok with this. Nec with amp might be one of the few things one could consider to help counter the pala/pala and pala/ama combos.
40 life rep for druid - Not a fan. I get why its in there based on the fissure damage and playstyle, but it just makes for the possibility of hugely drawn out duels. Not sure it would ultimately affect the outcomes too much too but I would have to think on a case by case basis on that one. Its mostly in 1v1s though that this would annoy me. In team games I can see the druid having less chance to play ridiculously defensively for a long period (unless it got down to a 1v1). If it got down to 1v1 in a team game, and I was interested in winning vs a druid by tryharding, I would be encouraged to play just as defensively to make the most of my own life rep etc if needed.
Sorceress - Not sure what this adds. Fireball sorcs are offensive tanks. Larger amounts of life rep doesnt really build into that. Light sorcs are completely useless. Shiver sorcs have no place in non melee duels. Ice blast is too mana heavy and the projectiles are too slow for outside of "melee" too I feel, not to mention lackluster when it comes to damage.

No eth items without rep has always been taken to mean "No eth/non rep items may be used in a way that degrades their durability". Eth/non rep items have always been considered gm on a bfsin.

FRW limits - Not sure about this one, where it impacts most that is. Any non-stealth wearing char will need 50+ frw from their inventory. Thats at least half of their inventory giving no life which is a huge sacrifice. Bowas for example, wont be pressing for that huge frw because they loose too much life on glass cannon builds (which are nearly all 18 bowas) and their biggest dangers, palas and assas, will still easily be able to catch them. Palas have charge, throw barbs wont hit that frw, especially without a circ. Assassins have bos so are fine. Fissure druids wearing a rare armor would need 70frw because no frw on a pelt - even bigger sacrifice.

As for stealth wearing chars, sorcs use tele in addition to run but could go above 100frw I guess without too much sacrifice. Not something I would be afraid of though. Necros could make a case for it for sure. It would make assass and throwers/bfsins have a harder time sure, although id fancy a slower tankier necro vs an assa (kick or ts), especially given how easy it is to frw bug necros. Fissure druids could make a case for it but that would encourage them to be even more defensive which I dont like.

pdr and mdr - mdr is overrated in nearly all duels. Given it applies just after the pvp multiplier but before res etc, it only really impacts magic damage characters I feel - see my example on a fissure.
Necros - 283 average damage. 5 mdr would reduce that by ~10.6%. Necros are strong though even with 5mdr. They are an excellent char.
Hammerdins - Doesnt matter (just checked about 208 average damage without 1pc on scepter)- hdins are just weaker chargers haha and chargers dont need help. (coming from someone who loves his 18 libby)

Ele chars - Fiissure for example does ~400dmg? Thats 16pvp damage with no mdr and max fire res or 15pvp damage vs 5mdr and max fire res or a 6% reduction in damage.

5mdr was decided as "Stealth + 1 item" which I am fine with. Basically, the char that gets fucked over here is a phsin. Honestly I have no problem screwing over a pure bfsin as it is a horrible char to play vs haha. For hybrids, it is a utility skill rather than a damage skill, unless you were looking at a bf hybrid because you have an insane claw. In that case I can see an argument. PDR again just hurts phsins I feel. Any other relatively low damage physical skill, say a kicker, can do just fine vs the usual amounts of pdr.

If you wanted an interesting fix to a bf sins (a char which is really fun but unfortunately has a lot of limitations) I would suggest either putting a phsin claw in the ranger bow for allowing nef, or if you wanted to be brave, try allowing clegs gloves for bfsins only.

This post was edited by LaochraGael on Jan 14 2020 06:51am
Gold: 22,192.00
Jan 14 2020 06:36am
Wsg allowed yet?

Also holy paragraghs
Jan 14 2020 07:00am
Quote (LaochraGael @ Jan 14 2020 01:33pm)
Biggest problem I have here is there is nothing to address the overwhelming strongest 2v2 teams - pala/pala and pala/bowa (and maybe even bowa/bowa). In fact pala/bowa is going to be far more powerful now as I personally would swap a 5x 20max robo for a 4x 20max 1x nef when I know I have pala's might too.

I'll go through them 1 by 1 with my thoughts though (conscice thoughts in some places).

No FarCast - No problem with this. Dont think CS zons are any good even if they had it but either way its good.
No glitched treads - Definitely good.
Bone armor not recast in tvt - perfectly fine with this
Amp Damage - Less ok with this. Nec with amp might be one of the few things one could consider to help counter the pala/pala and pala/ama combos.
40 life rep for druid - Not a fan. I get why its in there based on the fissure damage and playstyle, but it just makes for the possibility of hugely drawn out duels. Not sure it would ultimately affect the outcomes too much too but I would have to think on a case by case basis on that one. Its mostly in 1v1s though that this would annoy me. In team games I can see the druid having less chance to play ridiculously defensively for a long period (unless it got down to a 1v1). If it got down to 1v1 in a team game, and I was interested in winning vs a druid by tryharding, I would be encouraged to play just as defensively to make the most of my own life rep etc if needed.
Sorceress - Not sure what this adds. Fireball sorcs are offensive tanks. Larger amounts of life rep doesnt really build into that. Light sorcs are completely useless. Shiver sorcs have no place in non melee duels. Ice blast is too mana heavy and the projectiles are too slow for outside of "melee" too I feel, not to mention lackluster when it comes to damage.

No eth items without rep has always been taken to mean "No eth/non rep items may be used in a way that degrades their durability". Eth/non rep items have always been considered gm on a bfsin.

FRW limits - Not sure about this one, where it impacts most that is. Any non-stealth wearing char will need 50+ frw from their inventory. Thats at least half of their inventory giving no life which is a huge sacrifice. Bowas for example, wont be pressing for that huge frw because they loose too much life on glass cannon builds (which are nearly all 18 bowas) and their biggest dangers, palas and assas, will still easily be able to catch them. Palas have charge, throw barbs wont hit that frw, especially without a circ. Assassins have bos so are fine. Fissure druids wearing a rare armor would need 70frw because no frw on a pelt - even bigger sacrifice.

As for stealth wearing chars, sorcs use tele in addition to run but could go above 100frw I guess without too much sacrifice. Not something I would be afraid of though. Necros could make a case for it for sure. It would make assass and throwers/bfsins have a harder time sure, although id fancy a slower tankier necro vs an assa (kick or ts), especially given how easy it is to frw bug necros. Fissure druids could make a case for it but that would encourage them to be even more defensive which I dont like.

pdr and mdr - mdr is overrated in nearly all duels. Given it applies just after the pvp multiplier but before res etc, it only really impacts magic damage characters I feel - see my example on a fissure.
Necros - 283 average damage. 5 mdr would reduce that by ~10.6%. Necros are strong though even with 5mdr. They are an excellent char.
Hammerdins - Doesnt matter - hdins are just weaker chargers haha and chargers dont need help. (coming from someone who loves his 18 libby)

Ele chars - Fiissure for example does ~400dmg? Thats 16pvp damage with no mdr and max fire res or 15pvp damage vs 5mdr and max fire res or a 6% reduction in damage.

5mdr was decided as "Stealth + 1 item" which I am fine with. Basically, the char that gets fucked over here is a phsin. Honestly I have no problem screwing over a pure bfsin as it is a horrible char to play vs haha. For hybrids, it is a utility skill rather than a damage skill, unless you were looking at a bf hybrid because you have an insane claw. In that case I can see an argument. PDR again just hurts phsins I feel. Any other relatively low damage physical skill, say a kicker, can do just fine vs the usual amounts of pdr.

If you wanted an interesting fix to a bf sins (a char which is really fun but unfortunately has a lot of limitations) I would suggest either putting a phsin claw in the ranger bow for allowing nef, or if you wanted to be brave, try allowing clegs gloves for bfsins only.

I have a migrane so i wont reply to all of this, but:

Higher life rep on druids mean they are tankier vs bowas and chargers in team comps. They can take more abuse and use summons for protection.

The best anti zon/paladin char is a ph sin. Having 5 mdr + an undefined limit on DR drastically lowers their tvt value. If you cap total reduction, you have better control vs these op classes
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 14 2020 07:02am
lvl 24 sorcs tho? :rofl:
Jan 14 2020 07:16am
Higher life rep on druids mean they are tankier vs bowas and chargers in team comps. - True they become tankier but Ive always seen duels play out that the druid gets pretty much ignored due to their low damage, the other chars get focused by the pala/ama (or kick/nec etc, whatever you have) and the fissure gets killed off last. Yes they are tankier but I dont think adding life rep to them benefits their team as much as you suggest.

The best anti zon/paladin char is a ph sin. - This I dont agree with. I would be extremely confident of pala/zon, pala/pala or even zon/zon beating phsin + any char. I would say nec (with amp) + pala is your best counter. The problem is your team wil have to 2v1 a char and try to kill it, not always quick and easy, while they have two chars with huge damage that, when you leave one of them alone to focus on one from your team, can easily kill off any character quite quickly if you are not very lucky.

Having 5 mdr + an undefined limit on DR drastically lowers their tvt value. - Their main value is as a stun char I think, not as a damage dealer. Im fine with limiting dr too, as I said outside of a ph sin I dont think it matters and I dont think people have stacked it too much on europe, unlike mdr before it was limited to 5.

Im talking about all of this largely from a 2v2 perspective as once you get to 3v3 and 4v4, you either have mirror duels, in which case the ruleset matters less as there is not a significant advantage, or else you have different teams which can be too challenging to balance with a large variety of chars.

Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 14 2020 01:02pm)
lvl 24 sorcs tho? :rofl:

As much as I would love it, fireball becomes op (underpowered in 1v1 at the mo and solid in tvt to op in both), firewall becomes excessively tanky, blizzard is just another fissure so no variety and lightning still sucks.

This post was edited by LaochraGael on Jan 14 2020 07:23am
Jan 14 2020 07:20am
I think its also worth mentioning that a ph sins worst matchups are vs fissure druids (can halv their pvp damage, have high life and life rep) and vs bonespear necros (Can halv their damage, decent life rep and bone armor)

By banning mdr outside of stealth, these classes still remain strong vs ph but builds like a wof/bf sin become viable. Low pvp dam per hit, but viable damage vs a team.
Jan 14 2020 07:29am
Quote (lld_mayhem @ Jan 14 2020 01:20pm)
I think its also worth mentioning that a ph sins worst matchups are vs fissure druids (can halv their pvp damage, have high life and life rep) and vs bonespear necros (Can halv their damage, decent life rep and bone armor)

By banning mdr outside of stealth, these classes still remain strong vs ph but builds like a wof/bf sin become viable. Low pvp dam per hit, but viable damage vs a team.

Indeed. But you also have to think, do I really think people are going to rebuild their chars for the sake of buffing ph? The same problems arose in the past when zons like rep was limited and when mdr was introduced and those were changes that had a significantly positive impact. Im always weary of trying to do large nerfs (not just in terms of builds/skill, but also in terms of restricting items) just for the sake of trying to buff fringe builds. I would be far more understanding of having to change my gear or find new gear if you were say, nerfing bowas and chargers.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic