d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Could This Be Viable? > Help!
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: Locked
Jan 13 2020 06:41pm
Quote (Avenged321 @ Jan 13 2020 04:12pm)
I’ve had 3 duels in the last 3 years and Everyone in this forum would still pick me on beating you in a ft5.

LOL
Gold: 3.82
Jan 13 2020 06:45pm
😂
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 13 2020 07:39pm
problem with foh is low dmg, problem with holy shock charger is it loses to high MDR and inconsistent dmg. my take is to use foh minimally while taking advantage of shared synergy skills with holy shock. jewels like +15-20 max dmg / 1-30+ light dmg are something you need to find. Ed/+light works as well but not as good.

The build rotates back and forth between more charge and more foh depending on matchup. Vs barb = most foh, vs zon = most charge. zeal is a tool you need in many matchups as well. stats and sockets must take into account all swaps, don't wanna waste a token and realize u cant equip w/e with w/e, been there done that.

Charge helm: 3 os 20 life OR 2 off auras 80 life 2 os, socketed with raw dmg + light. avoid stats on helm to allow swapping better to foh setups. (mine uses 3 os 20 life winged helm, 61 overall dmg, 3-xxx light dmg)

Foh Helm: p crown, socketed raw dmg + light dmg

Wep 1: Honor Divine Scepter +X holy shock / 2nd and/or 3rd skill add, best are Medi + hshield, mine uses 3medi/3hshield/1hshock

Shield 1: Spirit 65ed/121 ar

Wep 2: 3conv/3foh divine honor, 3 medi is a great add. the argument can be made to use 2pcomb/3/3 scepter, but you get 10 rep both sides with dual honors, and 10 str for gearing.

Shield 2: spirit

Armor 1: vmagi, dmg/light socketed. res/mdr/skill, its just good.
Armor 2: Spirit Shroud, needed for CBF vs blizzers and nado druids
Armor 3: 3 os life armor, dmg/light. for vs zons and chargers is what I use it for, mine's socketed with 3x 15max/50+ar/1-xx light.

Boots 1: sanders, frw/ar/stats
Boots 2: Tearhaunch, gives vigor/res/stats

Ammy: 1 pal (or 2 pcomb) / life / mana / rep

Inv: a few 15life/xx res to max out in all setups, 3/xx/15 scs, any 3/xx/1-xx light dmg scs u can find.

Gloves: Up'd bfists in all setups
Belt: SoE in all setups
Rings: Sojs in all setups

with the right scepters and tearhaunch u can save a LOT on hard points. no holy shield, no medi, no vigor.

1 might
1 holy fire
1 holy freeze
7 holy shock

1 smite
MAX charge
1 sac
1 zeal

rest res light

skills depend a bit on what scepters you can get, if u cant get medi but can get zeal for example hard pt medi but not zeal, hshield same, etc.

vs zon, zoom zoom. see a bow they die

vs barb, foh on corner of screen, charge away, repeat until they die. death by 1000 paper cuts. can risk a charge on a tele staff or shift+zeal if they're low. boring duel tbh.

vs charger, be better.

vs fireballer, shitty duel. if they keep moving and especially if they have es, not a duel u can win easily. break es and keep on them. but yeah, hard duel.

vs firewaller, less dmg and tend to tele around less, but harder es to crack and keep cracked. also a hard af duel.

vs blizzer, easier than the other 2 with lower dmg, cbf needed.

vs light sorc, hard es to crack but u have 84+ light res from hard pts. easiest of the sorcs.

vs necro, stay on the move to get around bonewall camps. watch spirit trains, but basically charge here and there to break bone armor and get them moving. can try to oom them and get an easy insight win. h shock can 2-3 pulse down walls, foh can 1 shot them from a safe range. hard vs a good nec who sets up camp well against edge of map, but if they want to camp just oom them with foh on walls to force recasts.

vs plague, same as zon but once you get poisoned u charge them down and try to win in zeal vs jab and charge vs kite engagements. generally I go 50-50 with plaguers and zons in general. even the legendary ones.

vs trapper, ez duel really. zeal is uninterruptable. sins think mb is better than it is. get them moving, don't charge on 4 traps, get close, zeal, recharge. win. 84 light res, ommm nommm nomm.

vs nado, easy but long matchup. bait out teles with foh's on the corner of the screen. see an oak, charge an oak. kill that little fucker over and over, as well as using pulses to kill off wolves. once they're oom u can get them desperate where they'll stomp without pets, shift zeal on their staff and u win.

vs hdin, hshock or foh used at all times to break their synch. stay below them, foh to frustrate them, wait for a staff and win in the charge v charge game or just vs medi. take patience but very doable unless you just get schwooped.

any other build or matchup questions let me know.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 13 2020 07:42pm
Gold: Locked
Jan 13 2020 08:21pm
I would use peace + sojs personally
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 13 2020 09:06pm
Quote (randythebadLLDer @ Jan 13 2020 08:21pm)
I would use peace + sojs personally

certainly would help in some matchups, zon and charger for sure. and on ladder much more doable than a lifer with 3x hard to find jewels. mines in a linked mail for style lol.

the key to it is doing phys dmg on top of the light rolls and foh utility. plus utility for tvt. vigor, medi, conv, hshock for synch break, might aura. tvt is where it shines. like all my chars lol.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic