d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Looking For A New Fantasy Genre Suggestion
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 5 2020 09:50pm
My favorite fantasy series so far has been KingKiller Chronicles by Patrick Rotfhuss.... Wondering if any of you have any suggestions that are nearly as good, or better?
Preferably a series, as i'd be buying it are, so i prefer to buy series to save money. Thanks!! I don't have access to a library so....
Also if it is a series, i'd prefer 8 books or less in the series. thanks guys.
Also, must be sold on amazon.

/edit I also really enjoyed the first 3 books of the mistborn series by brandon sanderson.
/edit Also must be book format, preferably softcover.. I don't do kindle...

This post was edited by ferf on Jan 5 2020 09:59pm
Gold: 1,917.10
Jan 11 2020 07:39am
I just started reading the KingKiller Chronicles prior to that I finished reading The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix has 5 books listed below not your desired 8 unfortunately.

Sabriel
Lirael
Abhorsen
Clariel
Goldenhand

There is also a short novel Across the wall which should be read after the Abhorsen book or before Goldenhand and a short story (about 40 pages) To hold the bridge which can be read anytime. I really liked the series reading the first 3 books when I was a teenager and found out there were two more recently so I read them and really enjoyed. Hoping that there will be more books in the future as it is a very interesting story.

There is another series by the same author The keys to the kingdom, it is 7 books and quite enjoyable as well, not related to the other series at all.

This post was edited by JukeBOXX on Jan 11 2020 07:40am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 11 2020 04:19pm
Quote (JukeBOXX @ Jan 11 2020 09:39am)
I just started reading the KingKiller Chronicles prior to that I finished reading The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix has 5 books listed below not your desired 8 unfortunately.

Sabriel
Lirael
Abhorsen
Clariel
Goldenhand

There is also a short novel Across the wall which should be read after the Abhorsen book or before Goldenhand and a short story (about 40 pages) To hold the bridge which can be read anytime. I really liked the series reading the first 3 books when I was a teenager and found out there were two more recently so I read them and really enjoyed. Hoping that there will be more books in the future as it is a very interesting story.

There is another series by the same author The keys to the kingdom, it is 7 books and quite enjoyable as well, not related to the other series at all.

will look into them, ty!!
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll