d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > ArcheAge > Just Downloaded Archeage Unchained
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9.51
Jan 3 2020 02:37pm
Give me the brass tax is it hard to join in end game stuff am I gonna be stuck behind a huge equipment wall?

Ex wow, ffx, gw 1/2 player here 🤷‍♂️
Gold: 4,949.00
Jan 3 2020 03:58pm
Yes..... and you will always feel like you are behind unless you can play like 8 hours a day. There just seems to be a lot of different fuck you mechanics,like the fact you only have a 10% success rate on upgrading hiram gear, and each time you fail it gives 5% bonus chance to succeed, so you have to spend a FUCK ton of ingredients to even have a chance to upgrade, bu the theres a chance that your equipment will crystalize when trying to upgrade and you have to get a specific item to de crystalize in order to upgrade again. Its just annoying as fuck.
Jan 11 2020 03:34am
Quote (Fierous @ Jan 3 2020 04:58pm)
Yes..... and you will always feel like you are behind unless you can play like 8 hours a day. There just seems to be a lot of different fuck you mechanics,like the fact you only have a 10% success rate on upgrading hiram gear, and each time you fail it gives 5% bonus chance to succeed, so you have to spend a FUCK ton of ingredients to even have a chance to upgrade, bu the theres a chance that your equipment will crystalize when trying to upgrade and you have to get a specific item to de crystalize in order to upgrade again. Its just annoying as fuck.

That’s odd. What is the end game that needs you to do dailies for 8 hours a day that seems a bit much for a mmo especially the PvE side of things I’m sure the PvP is a different story but
Jan 14 2020 09:24am
Bump
Gold: 3,384.40
Jan 23 2020 02:28pm
Hope some others have some input as well, my bro plays this and I was considering buying it. I'd love to know if anyone else has any thoughts also :)
Gold: 34.50
Feb 11 2020 09:31am
A guy joined week ago and he is doing great, easy archepass allows you to stock up on labor pots which allow you to progress really fast. Don't expect to content with top 100 players on your server in a week, but you can still enjoey the game and do a lot of things, catching up on gear is harder as you need to farm awakening scrolls if you go hiram by doing daily quests (quite fast with a raid, 40 mins for all quests) but basically everyone will hit a wall at some point when they are around 10-11k gs and you can catch up to that.

And I would like to note that having high gear score is not "everything" when I had 8k gs i could kill 10-11k gs players if they weren't fully aware of what's going on, basically if you get the jump on someone and he is not expecting it, you can kill him even if he has much better gear than you (unless it's a 50k hp tank or a plate healer ofc) And in this game it's rarely about 1v1. So I wouldn't worry about it so much, just play and do what you find fun in the game, there is so much to do.

cheers
Gold: 0.00
Feb 12 2020 12:25am
What server?
Go Back To ArcheAge Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll