d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Soccer In Spain?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 66,936.00
Dec 31 2019 02:53pm
Travelling to Spain sometime in March. Wondering if someone can help me out with which game to go to. I know nothing about soccer. And my dates are flexible so I can plan them around a game. Going to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville.
Gold: 2,570.91
Jan 1 2020 07:22am
As a football fan, I would recommend one of these two:

1. The weekend of the 1st of March is the biggest game in Spain: Madrid vs Barcelona, in Madrid. Tickets will be very pricey though... but it is, of course, the most well known rivalry and game in in the entire planet. El Clásico.

2. The weekend of the 15th of March will be the Sevilla derby between Sevilla and Betis. That is a crazy passionate game which would be really nice to attend to. Again, tickets won't be easy to find, but they will definitely be cheaper that the Madrid vs Barcelona ones. The atmosphere will be awesome.

If you just want to see a random Madrid or Barcelona game, as many tourists do, then other options are:

On the weekend of May the 8th: Barcelona vs Real Sociedad (in Barcelona). This should be a nice game, between two of the strongest teams in Spain (obviously Barcelona being the stronger one). The main issue is that you have to make sure you gett good tickets, because Barcelona's stadium is poorly constructed and has crap visibility in the further stands.
On the same weekend you could also watch Madrid play in Sevilla, as they will be facing Betis. Should be a nice game with very good atmosphere.

On the weekend of the 15th, you could watch Madrid play at home against Eibar. Should be a pretty simple game for the home team and tickets should be cheap and easy to find. Madrid's stadium is awesome and you will have good visibility where ever you get tickets.. the atmosphere for such a random game would probably be dull though.

On the weekend of the 22nd, you could watch Barcelona vs Leganés (another mediocre easy game, like Madrid vs Eibar I mentioned), or a more exciting Madrid vs Valencia (both teams are good, with Madrid being better on paper, of course) which should have an ok atmosphere.

The following weekend the league is interrupted by international football. There will be a friendly game between the national teams of Spain and Germany in Madrid on the 26th of March, if you're interested.

Any further questions, let me know.

Note that when I say "on the weekend of X", I mean that we don't know yet if the game is going to be on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The exact scheduling is usually announced around 2-3 weeks before the game.
Gold: 66,936.00
Jan 1 2020 07:31am
Quote (zarkadon @ Jan 1 2020 06:22am)
As a football fan, I would recommend one of these two:

1. The weekend of the 1st of March is the biggest game in Spain: Madrid vs Barcelona, in Madrid. Tickets will be very pricey though... but it is, of course, the most well known rivalry and game in in the entire planet. El Clásico.

2. The weekend of the 15th of March will be the Sevilla derby between Sevilla and Betis. That is a crazy passionate game which would be really nice to attend to. Again, tickets won't be easy to find, but they will definitely be cheaper that the Madrid vs Barcelona ones. The atmosphere will be awesome.

If you just want to see a random Madrid or Barcelona game, as many tourists do, then other options are:

On the weekend of May the 8th: Barcelona vs Real Sociedad (in Barcelona). This should be a nice game, between two of the strongest teams in Spain (obviously Barcelona being the stronger one). The main issue is that you have to make sure you gett good tickets, because Barcelona's stadium is poorly constructed and has crap visibility in the further stands.
On the same weekend you could also watch Madrid play in Sevilla, as they will be facing Betis. Should be a nice game with very good atmosphere.

On the weekend of the 15th, you could watch Madrid play at home against Eibar. Should be a pretty simple game for the home team and tickets should be cheap and easy to find. Madrid's stadium is awesome and you will have good visibility where ever you get tickets.. the atmosphere for such a random game would probably be dull though.

On the weekend of the 22nd, you could watch Barcelona vs Leganés (another mediocre easy game, like Madrid vs Eibar I mentioned), or a more exciting Madrid vs Valencia (both teams are good, with Madrid being better on paper, of course) which should have an ok atmosphere.

The following weekend the league is interrupted by international football. There will be a friendly game between the national teams of Spain and Germany in Madrid on the 26th of March, if you're interested.

Any further questions, let me know.

Note that when I say "on the weekend of X", I mean that we don't know yet if the game is going to be on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The exact scheduling is usually announced around 2-3 weeks before the game.

This is extremely helpful, thank you. Where is the best place to get tickets? Just the teams website? Also when you say tickets will be expensive for those highly sought after games, roughly how much we talking?
Gold: 2,570.91
Jan 1 2020 08:36am
Quote (cdhollan @ 1 Jan 2020 14:31)
This is extremely helpful, thank you. Where is the best place to get tickets? Just the teams website? Also when you say tickets will be expensive for those highly sought after games, roughly how much we talking?

Yeah, I'd buy tickets from the team's website or whichever official source the clubs in question direct you to.

For a Madrid vs Barcelona, the cheapest are usually around 100-200€, but usually those run out quickly and you have to spend 300-500. If everything sells out, then you have to buy from scalpers for something like 400-1k€.... sometimes higher.

For the Sevilla derby between Sevilla and Betis, idk, but I'd assume that prices would be around 50-180€, depending on where you are seated.... much cheaper than Madrid vs Barcelona, for sure. But of course, you have to be quick or tickets will run out.

The other games I mentioned.... you could probably get tickets for 30-120€, depending on the place you want to sit. Except for the Betis vs Madrid game I mentioned in Sevilla, which should be more expensive (keep in mind that Madrid and Barcelona are the biggest clubs in Spain, so whenever they play away, the opposing team sees an opportunity to make cash and raises the prices of tickets).
Gold: 3.82
Jan 4 2020 09:12pm
hopefully ull be a soccer fan by then!
Gold: 4,575.00
Jan 5 2020 07:08pm
If it's gonna be your first game ever make it the best possible (Barca vs Madrid). I bet you leave a lifelong fan
Gold: 3.82
Jan 5 2020 09:26pm
Quote (grahambo @ 6 Jan 2020 09:08)
If it's gonna be your first game ever make it the best possible (Barca vs Madrid). I bet you leave a lifelong fan

Gonna be expensive but the atmosphere will definitely give you a lasting impression!
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll