d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Keyboard Issue
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Dec 22 2019 08:01pm
I am stilling having the issue where my laptop just randomly shuts the external keyboard off.I can unplug it and plug it back in and it works for 1-2 minutes before it shuts back off. I've eliminated the keyboard and the cord from the list of problems. It's also not the USB port itself as my mouse works in every port. I have corrupted drivers or something along those lines, is there anyone that can help me? I'm getting so frustrated. I've updated drivers and looked at all that to the best of my ability but haven't found a solution.

Might I add that the keyboard on the laptop itself also doesn't allow me to turn the lights off and this problem occurred around the same time I started having this problem. The lights on my laptops keyboard are supposed to be on at all times unless toggled off but I can't toggle it on or off and it just remains off. I did a fresh windows couple months ago and it was fixed temporarily but didn't last. I did get a notification the other day saying my USB drive is malfunctioning

I got it working temporarily idk if what I did fixed it but any computer people who could help me out would be great, im willing to use teamviewer.

This post was edited by Devan on Dec 22 2019 08:03pm
Gold: 15,001.93
Trader: Trusted
Dec 22 2019 08:04pm
Quote (Devan @ Dec 22 2019 08:01pm)
I am stilling having the issue where my laptop just randomly shuts the external keyboard off.I can unplug it and plug it back in and it works for 1-2 minutes before it shuts back off. I've eliminated the keyboard and the cord from the list of problems. It's also not the USB port itself as my mouse works in every port. I have corrupted drivers or something along those lines, is there anyone that can help me? I'm getting so frustrated. I've updated drivers and looked at all that to the best of my ability but haven't found a solution.

Might I add that the keyboard on the laptop itself also doesn't allow me to turn the lights off and this problem occurred around the same time I started having this problem. The lights on my laptops keyboard are supposed to be on at all times unless toggled off but I can't toggle it on or off and it just remains off. I did a fresh windows couple months ago and it was fixed temporarily but didn't last. I did get a notification the other day saying my USB drive is malfunctioning

I got it working temporarily idk if what I did fixed it but any computer people who could help me out would be great, im willing to use teamviewer.

also was it you i thought i fixed this for recently?

Change your laptop from balanced performance mode to high performance.
Dec 22 2019 08:05pm
Quote (Definite @ Dec 22 2019 08:04pm)
also was it you i thought i fixed this for recently?

Change your laptop from balanced performance mode to high performance.

Yeah and it was working up until like yesterday lol, I changed a minor setting that seems to have fixed it? idk if it will last though but otherwise ive just been unplugging and plugging back in -_-

This post was edited by Devan on Dec 22 2019 08:06pm
Dec 22 2019 08:06pm
Quote (Devan @ Dec 22 2019 08:05pm)
Yeah and it was working up until like yesterday lol

did you confirm if it reverted back to the old power mode? sometimes window updates will cause that.
Dec 22 2019 08:07pm
Quote (Definite @ Dec 22 2019 08:06pm)
did you confirm if it reverted back to the old power mode? sometimes window updates will cause that.

That did not change, no.

This post was edited by Devan on Dec 22 2019 08:07pm
Dec 22 2019 08:08pm
Quote (Devan @ Dec 22 2019 08:07pm)
That did not change, no.

call me on discord, let me remote in again and go through it with you again.
Dec 22 2019 08:59pm
Quote (Definite @ Dec 22 2019 08:08pm)
call me on discord, let me remote in again and go through it with you again.

This man is a legend! thank you
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll