okay 8 out of 10x
at night i put my pc to sleep
in the morning i come back and everything is lit back up

keyboard/mouse/headset/mousepad
and monitors turn back on

any idea why?

Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 7 2019 04:15pm
Sleep and Hibernate have never really worked properly, on any version on Windows.

Just leave the comp running, and turn off the monitor when not using it. If you gonna be gone for more than say, 12 hours.... then just turn the comp off.

/e As for why it's turning on by itself...possibly a vibration in the floor, jiggles the mouse, and that's enough to start it up?

This post was edited by Ghot on Dec 7 2019 04:21pm
Gold: 9,142.00
Dec 7 2019 04:28pm
Quote (Ghot @ Dec 7 2019 05:15pm)
Sleep and Hibernate have never really worked properly, on any version on Windows.

Just leave the comp running, and turn off the monitor when not using it. If you gonna be gone for more than say, 12 hours.... then just turn the comp off.

/e As for why it's turning on by itself...possibly a vibration in the floor, jiggles the mouse, and that's enough to start it up?

Usually if im away 12+ hours im gone for a day or two and i do completely shut down. I have been turning the monitors off because off it coming back on. But when it does all my lights on everything else turn back on aswell and i was trying to avoid tutning all the lights off and the monitors. Wtf is sleep for then lol

As for movement i dont think that could be the case because the times it does sleep through the night moving the mouse dont wake it. I have to click a key or the mouse

Not to mention the computer is in a seperate room on a nice hard,sturdy,wood desk and im the only one that goes in that room
Dec 7 2019 04:37pm
Quote (stokley @ Dec 7 2019 05:28pm)
Usually if im away 12+ hours im gone for a day or two and i do completely shut down. I have been turning the monitors off because off it coming back on. But when it does all my lights on everything else turn back on aswell and i was trying to avoid tutning all the lights off and the monitors. Wtf is sleep for then lol

As for movement i dont think that could be the case because the times it does sleep through the night moving the mouse dont wake it. I have to click a key or the mouse

Not to mention the computer is in a seperate room on a nice hard,sturdy,wood desk and im the only one that goes in that room

That was just one possibility. The mouse is usually the easiest to disturb. Sleep would be a good thing, if MS ever got it working properly.
Most backlit keyboards have a way to shut them off, but again...I never found even that necessary. I got a Ducky Shine II, and it's been lit up since I bought it in 2013. No leds burnt out.

I set my power settings to never turn anything off, disabled sleep and hibernate and like I said... I just turn the monitor off.

In the power settings you can set conditions for when things turn off. It usually works better than sleep anyhow.

/e Iirc there are some settings in the BIOS as well, that can wake the computer.

This post was edited by Ghot on Dec 7 2019 04:40pm
Dec 7 2019 04:54pm
Quote (Ghot @ Dec 7 2019 05:37pm)
That was just one possibility. The mouse is usually the easiest to disturb. Sleep would be a good thing, if MS ever got it working properly.
Most backlit keyboards have a way to shut them off, but again...I never found even that necessary. I got a Ducky Shine II, and it's been lit up since I bought it in 2013. No leds burnt out.

I set my power settings to never turn anything off, disabled sleep and hibernate and like I said... I just turn the monitor off.

In the power settings you can set conditions for when things turn off. It usually works better than sleep anyhow.

/e Iirc there are some settings in the BIOS as well, that can wake the computer.

hmm maybe ill look into the BIOS

im not so much concerned about LEDs burning out its more that theres no need for everything to be lit up why im dead asleep on the other side of the house
and i know that i can turn the LEDs off but i kinda thought with all this tech we have i shouldnt have to manually turn all my lights on and off and my monitors just because it doesnt wanna stay asleep
sleep/hib should just work lol at that point it would be easier to just shut down whole pc every night thanks your input always appreciated
Dec 7 2019 05:00pm
Quote (stokley @ Dec 7 2019 05:54pm)
hmm maybe ill look into the BIOS

im not so much concerned about LEDs burning out its more that theres no need for everything to be lit up why im dead asleep on the other side of the house
and i know that i can turn the LEDs off but i kinda thought with all this tech we have i shouldnt have to manually turn all my lights on and off and my monitors just because it doesnt wanna stay asleep
sleep/hib should just work lol at that point it would be easier to just shut down whole pc every night thanks your input always appreciated

I'd check the power settings in Windows first. In Win 7 it's in Control Panel > Power Options

/e Like I just noticed that in Power Options under Sleep....there are wake timers. They might need to be disabled, if you want the comp to stay asleep.

This post was edited by Ghot on Dec 7 2019 05:02pm
Dec 10 2019 08:42am
Quote (Ghot @ Dec 7 2019 06:00pm)
I'd check the power settings in Windows first. In Win 7 it's in Control Panel > Power Options

/e Like I just noticed that in Power Options under Sleep....there are wake timers. They might need to be disabled, if you want the comp to stay asleep.

welll i thought i had it

under sleep and power settings but nope..still wakes up lol

Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll