d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Looking For Advice On Poison Necro
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,854.69
Dec 7 2019 07:20am
there's nothing about being a poison nova nec that makes you more vulnerable to curses and archers
you can even use summons if you want
if you really have problem with curses, you can try using treachery, it gives fade which reduces curse duration by 79%
Gold: 9,901.00
Dec 7 2019 07:42am
Quote (Dorislol @ Dec 7 2019 09:14am)
Maxblock is not needed in PvM as a necro, golem and merc will tank for u. I have 2600 hp with full vita build which is better than mb imo. If u play correctly u won't take any dmg as a necro, I've dropped to about 50 hp like 3 times with a bad tele, I would probably be dead with mb build.

Wrong, you wouldn't have dropped to 50 hp in the first place :P

Probably personal preference, but my pit runs were way safer with a max block build. Summons are awesome tanks, but sometimes the first pack in pits are the extra strong fana archers. No summons ready, merc hasnt procced his fade and dies within 2 seconds ..

Try both and choose whatever suits your playstyle.
Gold: 505.00
Dec 7 2019 07:59am
Quote (b0b0b0 @ Dec 7 2019 02:42pm)
Wrong, you wouldn't have dropped to 50 hp in the first place :P

Probably personal preference, but my pit runs were way safer with a max block build. Summons are awesome tanks, but sometimes the first pack in pits are the extra strong fana archers. No summons ready, merc hasnt procced his fade and dies within 2 seconds ..

Try both and choose whatever suits your playstyle.

Max golem mastery, it's pretty hard for any pack to insta kill a golem with 15k+ hp.

Block can be good tho with trang oul setup, I will try it when I find it :D

Gold: 63,142.89
Dec 7 2019 12:54pm
Quote (lilith0 @ Dec 7 2019 08:20am)
there's nothing about being a poison nova nec that makes you more vulnerable to curses and archers
you can even use summons if you want
if you really have problem with curses, you can try using treachery, it gives fade which reduces curse duration by 79%

Where should my first 84 skill points go? that's how many I have when I am farming Hell countess as level 75. what level should Lower Resist be (after +skill)?

I use treachery on melee chars (obviously) but I don't feel like it's an option on this char. As much as I miss the -curse duration, I don't feel like I can afford to wear a 0 fcr item in that slot.

Quote (Dorislol @ Dec 7 2019 08:59am)
Max golem mastery, it's pretty hard for any pack to insta kill a golem with 15k+ hp.

Block can be good tho with trang oul setup, I will try it when I find it :D

My golem protects me a lot, but it seems that I can't make him consistently walk in front of me. That's the problem with doorways. Do the different golems have different movement AIs?

Quote (MagusHC @ Dec 7 2019 07:15am)
I insist on this: use attract. its an underrated curse. against archers you will become immune. try it.

Interesting idea. So you're saying I should cast attract on the other side of each doorway I have to walk through, just in case there are archers in there?

This post was edited by Kayeto on Dec 7 2019 12:59pm
Dec 7 2019 01:20pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Dec 7 2019 07:54pm)
Where should my first 84 skill points go? that's how many I have when I am farming Hell countess as level 75. what level should Lower Resist be (after +skill)?

I use treachery on melee chars (obviously) but I don't feel like it's an option on this char. As much as I miss the -curse duration, I don't feel like I can afford to wear a 0 fcr item in that slot.

My golem protects me a lot, but it seems that I can't make him consistently walk in front of me. That's the problem with doorways. Do the different golems have different movement AIs?

Interesting idea. So you're saying I should cast attract on the other side of each doorway I have to walk through, just in case there are archers in there?

U can resummon the golem in the position u want, all golems have the same AI.
Dec 7 2019 01:32pm
Quote (Dorislol @ Dec 7 2019 02:20pm)
U can resummon the golem in the position u want, all golems have the same AI.

right, but the problem, if i'm in the tower with a curse on, am i going to keep summoning my golem ahead of me into every doorway i want to walk through just in case there are archers on the other side of that doorway waiting to 1shot me? or am i going to go back in town and remove my curse? or am i just going to move ahead at normal pace to keep my efficiency up?

This post was edited by Kayeto on Dec 7 2019 01:32pm
Dec 7 2019 01:44pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Dec 7 2019 08:32pm)
right, but the problem, if i'm in the tower with a curse on, am i going to keep summoning my golem ahead of me into every doorway i want to walk through just in case there are archers on the other side of that doorway waiting to 1shot me? or am i going to go back in town and remove my curse? or am i just going to move ahead at normal pace to keep my efficiency up?

Yes, u can keep summoning the golem in every doorway if u are that scared or use attract but that's 3 skill points. Just be ready man, it's not very likely to die to archers in tower if u have died to it before or play softcore. Do u use save & exit?

E: Sometimes u die anyways in d2 it's no big deal, if u play hc u should accept riping occasionally.

This post was edited by Dorislol on Dec 7 2019 01:47pm
Gold: 5,440.00
Dec 7 2019 01:57pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Dec 7 2019 01:32pm)

You summon the golem in the door way, if there are mobs there, he will agro them and they will agro him. You’ll be safe.

As far as skill points, all into synergy of poison nova, a few into clay golem/mastery, maybe revives if you have them (very good for tanking), and 1 point in bone armor with points into bone wall.
Dec 7 2019 02:03pm
Quote (Dorislol @ Dec 7 2019 02:44pm)
Do u use save & exit?

I do. It's somewhat embarrassing, but I'm just not good enough to play without it.

Just be ready man, it's not very likely to die to archers in tower if u have died to it before

I know what you mean about being less likely to die in a place that you have a vivid memory of dying before. But in this case, I was 100% prepared for it. I looked at my curse, looked at my golem, wondered if I should go back to town, summon the golem ahead of me or just walk through the doorway. I decided to prioritize efficiency because I was sick of going back to town to remove curses. I don't feel like I learned anything from the experience, all 3 options still seem equally bad to me.

Casting Attract around blind corners while cursed is a tactic I didn't think of and could be less problematic than the previous 3 options.

E: Sometimes u die anyways in d2 it's no big deal, if u play hc u should accept riping occasionally.

Yea, but I'm used to those rips also coming with learning. That's kinda what makes HC good, because you internalize your mistakes and become a better player over time. But in the case of this necro, I felt stumped and didn't learn anything until seeking advice in this thread.

Dec 7 2019 02:04pm
Quote (PikaBhew @ Dec 7 2019 02:57pm)
You summon the golem in the door way, if there are mobs there, he will agro them and they will agro him. You’ll be safe.

As far as skill points, all into synergy of poison nova, a few into clay golem/mastery, maybe revives if you have them (very good for tanking), and 1 point in bone armor with points into bone wall.

so no Lower Resist? that is where i had been focusing my points after Nova damage
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll