d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Is Taxation Theft
Prev122232425Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12,730.67
Dec 7 2019 12:01pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Dec 6 2019 10:26pm)
No, a federal government agency abusing their power and declaring part of your property a wetlands does not make building a house a NAP violation.
Who are they initiating aggression against?

So, the NAP takes into consideration direct action but what do you do about risky actions that haven't harmed anyone yet? That's where you take "expected harm" into consideration. If storing nuclear waste on your property has a 10% chance of killing your neighbors, you are doing the same amount of harm as murdering 10% of your neighbors. That's still aggressive and is a violation of our liberty! In the wetlands case, building on the property and possibly contaminating the water supply falls under the NAP umbrella term of "expected harm."

Now, every action has the possibility of harming an individual so there's a threshold of "acceptable harm" that we all voluntarily agree upon in society. The threshold is subject to change as technology improves and our values evolve.
Gold: 2.66
Dec 7 2019 12:11pm
The only taxes that are theft are the federal income tax and death tax.

Gold: 285.00
Dec 7 2019 03:52pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Dec 7 2019 01:11pm)
The only taxes that are theft are the federal income tax and death tax.

Not sure about death tax. The person who owned it is gone so it is theft against nobody. My assets are not my children's. Those entitled little shits.
Gold: 12,730.67
Dec 7 2019 04:09pm
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 7 2019 01:52pm)
Not sure about death tax. The person who owned it is gone so it is theft against nobody. My assets are not my children's. Those entitled little shits.

My kids aren't going to get anything when I die. Ideally, they will be nearing retirement age when I die and they should already be set for life. It's all going to charity.
Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 7 2019 04:12pm

BUT... "taxation without representation is tyranny."
Gold: 10.77
Dec 7 2019 04:18pm
Quote (Ghot @ Dec 7 2019 02:12pm)
BUT... "taxation without representation is tyranny."

We have a system of representation without taxation for the rich and taxation without representation for everyone else. You can't pick and choose which to solve. Both have to be fixed simultaneously.
Gold: 6.66
Dec 7 2019 08:06pm
It is the compensation we need to pay for everyone to give up on the freedom to infringe upon the freedom of others. The non-aggression principle is one example of such a thing with a price. Resources run the world, not ideals.

This post was edited by Neptunus on Dec 7 2019 08:09pm
Dec 8 2019 05:47am
Quote (Neptunus @ Dec 7 2019 09:06pm)
It is the compensation we need to pay for everyone to give up on the freedom to infringe upon the freedom of others. The non-aggression principle is one example of such a thing with a price. Resources run the world, not ideals.

The expectation is that people starve when resources are available and unused because someone who isn't starving might use said resource and goons should be in place to shoot you or kidnap you and lock you in a cage if you try, and this is not aggression.

Pinkertons making Americans work at gun point wasnt aggression either because it didn't affect private property. They had no right to assemble and speak in the face of private property. All rights wither in the face of capital.

Aggression is only related to property and not rights. The only libertarians here who complain about gross violations of individual rights are Santara and Surfpunk and they tend to focus on men's rights and not women's because they still think the state should have an opinion about their uterus...whether they understand it or or not has been one of the implications of the uterus being man's property for so long, which is why it is regulatable in the first place. I'm a left libertarian and we don't count in American politics....there is just nobody to vote for. Yanggang2020 I guess.

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 8 2019 06:08am
Dec 8 2019 07:34am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 8 2019 06:47am)
The expectation is that people starve when resources are available and unused because someone who isn't starving might use said resource and goons should be in place to shoot you or kidnap you and lock you in a cage if you try, and this is not aggression.

Pinkertons making Americans work at gun point wasnt aggression either because it didn't affect private property. They had no right to assemble and speak in the face of private property. All rights wither in the face of capital.

Aggression is only related to property and not rights. The only libertarians here who complain about gross violations of individual rights are Santara and Surfpunk and they tend to focus on men's rights and not women's because they still think the state should have an opinion about their uterus...whether they understand it or or not has been one of the implications of the uterus being man's property for so long, which is why it is regulatable in the first place. I'm a left libertarian and we don't count in American politics....there is just nobody to vote for. Yanggang2020 I guess.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/08/india/india-delhi-fire-intl-hnk/index.html

At least 43 people have died in a major blaze that broke out in a factory in India's capital New Delhi, police and fire department officials told CNN.

The fire swept through the five-story building in the early hours of Sunday, as laborers and factory workers were asleep inside.Some died due to asphyxiation, officials said.
"The problem was the smoke -- all the windows and doors were shut and there was dense smoke inside," said Sunil Choudhary, deputy chief fire officer.
"No one could get out. There was an iron door and it was locked and people were brought out only after we broke the door open. It had become a toxic chamber."

An eyewitness said some workers had tried to escape from a terrace, but it was locked.
"There are no proper ways to climb or get down, there is no fire safety, there is nothing," Mohammad Samar said, adding that this was not the first blaze at the site, which was a plastic factory that manufactured toys.
Samar said a number of small, unauthorized factories had been renting out space in the building, and that the complete lack of safety provisions was widely known.
Another eyewitness, who helped with rescue efforts, said he had seen boys trying to escape from the factory's roof, while others desperately crowded near sealed windows.
"I saw that the boys, who were standing there on the roof, they started screaming ... calling out to me ... saying 'Mullah sir please save me,'" Mohammad Manzur said.
The fire, which officials say was sparked by an electrical fault, took almost three hours to put out.

Reminds me of the Triangle Shirtwaist factory Fire here in the US before unions were able to stop this sort of thing:

The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, on March 25, 1911, was the deadliest industrial disaster in the history of the city, and one of the deadliest in U.S. history.[1] The fire caused the deaths of 146 garment workers – 123 women and girls and 23 men[2] – who died from the fire, smoke inhalation, or falling or jumping to their deaths.

Unrestricted free trade and property.

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 8 2019 07:36am
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 8 2019 11:41am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 7 Dec 2019 07:43)

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Dec 8 2019 11:41am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev122232425Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll