d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > 1080p Gaming Build > Approximately $1200 Nzd
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,690.00
Dec 4 2019 01:52am
Budget: Approximately $1200 NZD
More specific use (what games, what programs): 1080p gaming - Path of Exile, Runescape and modern games like Cyberpunk 2077
Planned time until purchase: today or this weekend
Do you need an Operating System?: no
Do you have any specific preferred components?: no
Do you need a sound or wireless card?: no
Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking?: stock cooling. If I go for any aftermarket cooling it will be exclusively to minimize noise.
Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard?: no
Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): New Zealand

My old GPU randomly stopped sending signal to any monitors through any of its outputs. I took this as a sign to do a major upgrade.
I started with a suggested build guide from reddit. I will be keeping my current case, PSU and hard drives. I have added these components to the parts list as $0 items.

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/tvJ2mg

I will be buying from NZ retailers so the prices and availability will be wildly different from US builds.

As I will be using a full size case, I opted for an ATX motherboard but I am unsure of the value vs. price for it compared with smaller boards.

Please let me know your thoughts on the build listed. I am happy to answer any follow up questions.
Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 4 2019 03:47am
Quote (ClarkeKent @ Dec 4 2019 02:52am)
Budget: Approximately $1200 NZD
More specific use (what games, what programs): 1080p gaming - Path of Exile, Runescape and modern games like Cyberpunk 2077
Planned time until purchase: today or this weekend
Do you need an Operating System?: no
Do you have any specific preferred components?: no
Do you need a sound or wireless card?: no
Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking?: stock cooling. If I go for any aftermarket cooling it will be exclusively to minimize noise.
Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard?: no
Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): New Zealand

My old GPU randomly stopped sending signal to any monitors through any of its outputs. I took this as a sign to do a major upgrade.
I started with a suggested build guide from reddit. I will be keeping my current case, PSU and hard drives. I have added these components to the parts list as $0 items.

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/tvJ2mg

I will be buying from NZ retailers so the prices and availability will be wildly different from US builds.

As I will be using a full size case, I opted for an ATX motherboard but I am unsure of the value vs. price for it compared with smaller boards.

Please let me know your thoughts on the build listed. I am happy to answer any follow up questions.

Looks OK. :)

Retired Moderator
Gold: 13,660.94
Trader: Trusted
Dec 4 2019 06:32am
Would personally swap for an rtx 2060 and if possible, get a 500gb + ssd!
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll