d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Melted
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 3 2019 10:39am
Quote (LaochraGael @ Dec 3 2019 10:35am)
DR is capped for certain matchups in europe (like hdin vs barb, or bowa vs pretty much any physical damage build for example) but not on a druid. Youd be eaten alive otherwise.

SoE/Gaze(sol'd)/iron pelt (sol'd)/gerkes (sol'd) would be funny as hell to try.
Gold: 40.00
Dec 3 2019 10:42am
Sounds like you need an EoP, CTA of honor, and a merc Infinity of insight for the fair hld duels
Gold: 0.00
Dec 3 2019 10:44am
Quote (00apacolypse @ Dec 3 2019 03:35pm)
I see all of your points bud, and yeah the build lacks life no doubt about it.

VS bowas 1v1 my best option would probably be whitsans paired with shaftshop in terms of survival. That would get me 87% chance to block, nicer block rate, lower dex investment required to reach MB on shield, 30 DR, 60 life, and 22 points saved in str to invest in vitality from shaft.

It comes down to deciding if shaft is worth taking over 100 life / 4x faceted jewelers armor.
That is huge damage loss and negative resists gone, which is no good on timer delay skills. And with bowas, I need to approach and end the duel as fast as possible before getting mowed down.
That in mind is why I went with Gerke's. I get to keep on my 100 life 20/-20 jewelers for damage while maintaining some DR, MB/74% CTB, as well as 24 fhr / 9 str / life from my belt.

I could just use whitsans with everything I have on and invest all the saved str points into vitality, but then I lose the DR from gerke's. Which would then force me to have to wear string of ears to get back some DR which would cost me fhr/str/life on rare belt.

In summary, Gerke's is a great all around shield for every single match-up and I typically only need to change my grand charm ratio up.
I hope some of my logic makes sense, and that it's generally not easy to have a pretty life pool while maintaining damage, max block/dmg reductions especially at 49.

Couldnt you go shaftstop and jewelers shield of deflect with facets then. That way you dont lose dam but gain survivability
Gold: 111.00
Dec 3 2019 10:58am
Quote (lld_mayhem @ Dec 3 2019 11:44am)
Couldnt you go shaftstop and jewelers shield of deflect with facets then. That way you dont lose dam but gain survivability

You could absolutely, but you'll be dropping even more points in dex for MB with the jewelers shield which will give me less life in the end.

You'll get 30 dr and 60 life from shaft with jewelers shield at the cost of losing:
74% Block chance, more points invested to dex for MB with facet shield
40 extra life and 1 additional facet from jewelers armor

Is the additional 15 dr from shaft gained worth more than losing a facet, 40 life plus extra points wasted into dex for MB, and 74% block chance?

If we are ditching max block altogether then it's a whole new ball game as far as setup

This post was edited by 00apacolypse on Dec 3 2019 10:59am
Gold: 0.00
Dec 3 2019 11:37am
Quote (00apacolypse @ Dec 3 2019 05:58pm)
You could absolutely, but you'll be dropping even more points in dex for MB with the jewelers shield which will give me less life in the end.

You'll get 30 dr and 60 life from shaft with jewelers shield at the cost of losing:
74% Block chance, more points invested to dex for MB with facet shield
40 extra life and 1 additional facet from jewelers armor

Is the additional 15 dr from shaft gained worth more than losing a facet, 40 life plus extra points wasted into dex for MB, and 74% block chance?

If we are ditching max block altogether then it's a whole new ball game as far as setup

Well, assuming you socket shaft with a facet, you wont be losing any damage output. You will be losing flat DR, but you would be gaining 30% DR, which is much more valuable at 49 since phys pvp damage is much higher in general.

You would definately be losing MDR though, which slightly softens your matchups vs other casters, but id imagine barbs and zons will give you the hardest time anyways. Yes your life pool will be lower, but you will also take less physical damage overall, so its worth testing imo

Id be interested to see what ferdia has to say about this

This post was edited by lld_mayhem on Dec 3 2019 11:38am
Gold: 179.69
Dec 3 2019 12:06pm
Quote (lld_mayhem @ Dec 3 2019 11:37am)
Well, assuming you socket shaft with a facet, you wont be losing any damage output. You will be losing flat DR, but you would be gaining 30% DR, which is much more valuable at 49 since phys pvp damage is much higher in general.

You would definately be losing MDR though, which slightly softens your matchups vs other casters, but id imagine barbs and zons will give you the hardest time anyways. Yes your life pool will be lower, but you will also take less physical damage overall, so its worth testing imo

Id be interested to see what ferdia has to say about this

Pretty easy to figure out. If damage loss isn't a factor, multiply your life pool by the Dr % and add that number to your life, if it's greater than the non Dr life pool, the Dr is worth having.
Dec 3 2019 12:09pm
Quote (lld_mayhem @ Dec 3 2019 12:37pm)

Quote (ATOMICMAN @ Dec 3 2019 01:06pm)
Pretty easy to figure out. If damage loss isn't a factor, multiply your life pool by the Dr % and add that number to your life, if it's greater than the non Dr life pool, the Dr is worth having.

d be interested to see what ferdia has to say about this

So the question would be which would do better vs bowa/melee

Gerkes 16 DR / 74% chance to block with more vita
Vs
30 DR shaft with less vita

I figured the chance to block to avoid taking damage altogether at times would be more beneficial no?

This post was edited by 00apacolypse on Dec 3 2019 12:11pm
Dec 3 2019 05:14pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 3 2019 11:39am)
SoE/Gaze(sol'd)/iron pelt (sol'd)/gerkes (sol'd) would be funny as hell to try.

Lol super tank
Gold: 175.01
Dec 3 2019 05:41pm
Quote (Belarathon @ Dec 3 2019 02:13am)
He kinda needs gerkes with that abysmal life haha. My lvl 30 fissure with 150 frw had more life than that.

Does seem a fun build it 1200 life is like 1 crit arrow from a lvl 49 zon lol. Hopefully the gerkes can help a bit but yeah I’d probably be looking for a way to raise life up.

That’s pretty much the only reason I hate mld, in general the life:dmg ratio is not ideal. Most things can get smacked super quick but 1200 life is just even lower than low. Didn’t really notice the life the first time just noticed the nice helm (I like it for pvm though, not PvP), and the non cookie cutter build haha. But yeah with that life I’d say some changes are in order, damage isn’t everything.

E it’s got to be unoaked life for sure.... but still haha

The problem with gerke is that it adds 0% faster blocking. The other issues like PDR being junk in mld and requiring a billion strength are secondary to the ridiculously slow block rate of a druid.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic