d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Display Name Feature > For "changing" Display Of Your Name
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12,935.00
Dec 2 2019 07:41am
As a lot of people know, it is not allowed to change your account name to a name already used by another user, even if they are inactive.
This makes perfect sense, as then how would they be able to login if they would ever return?
My suggestion is to modify the Change Account Name feature to make it a "Change Display Name" feature.

A possible solution to allow people to change their account names to something used by inactive players, is to introduce the idea of a display name.
A display name would in most cases be exactly the same as the account name, but in cases when people would like to change their "account name", they only change how it is displayed and not their actual login credentials.
All existing rules for changing account names would be followed, with the notable exception of overtaking names of inactive users.

Display names of users that have been inactive for a reasonable period of time will be allowed to be taken as a display name by one other person.
If the inactive user later on logs in (with their old credentials), they will then be provided a modified display name if someone picked their name while they were gone, possibly with a one-time free "display name change".

As this feature would keep the rules for changing account names that exist now, it prevents people abusing the feature such as having many users using the same display name, as it is basically the same feature except it allows overtaking display names of inactive users.

I can see that this feature might be complicated to implement if the displaying of people's names is too directly coupled with their account credentials, but if that is not the case or if it is feasible to refactor I think it would be a great addition!

What do you think?

Gold: 0.00
Dec 2 2019 07:48am
I vote yes!
Think this be nice to have to people who want those cool names that inactive jsp users have!
Just Like me n you discussed inn other topic! I think be nice idea to have!
Dec 2 2019 07:59am
Lol

People get scammed by imposters who dont even PM them on jsp.
Imagine how many scams would occur if you could switch your display name.....

Hell to the no.
Dec 2 2019 08:00am
Quote (Japrone @ 2 Dec 2019 14:59)
Lol

People get scammed by imposters who dont even PM them on jsp.
Imagine how many scams would occur if you could switch your display name.....

Hell to the no.

You can already change your account name, and the exception for existing users would only be for inactive ones (say for a number of years or whatever).
Dec 2 2019 08:08am
Quote (Klexmoo @ Dec 2 2019 09:00am)
You can already change your account name, and the exception for existing users would only be for inactive ones (say for a number of years or whatever).

Changing your account name to something that’s able to be changed to (unique) is much different than changing your name freely.
Your suggestion is similar to Discord Nitro in which people can literally change to whatever they want and freely scam people.
Dec 2 2019 08:10am
Quote (Japrone @ 2 Dec 2019 15:08)
Changing your account name to something that’s able to be changed to (unique) is much different than changing your name freely.
Your suggestion is similar to Discord Nitro in which people can literally change to whatever they want and freely scam people.

Did you even read my post? If it keeps the existing rules of the account name feature, with the exception of being able to retire the display names of old inactive users, there's no downside since you wouldn't be able to use display names of other active users.

Dec 2 2019 08:16am
Quote (Klexmoo @ Dec 2 2019 09:10am)
Did you even read my post? If it keeps the existing rules of the account name feature, with the exception of being able to retire the display names of old inactive users, there's no downside since you wouldn't be able to use display names of other active users.

I didnt need to because the only way to change your name here is by spending 250fg-1,500fg and selecting a name that isn’t already chosen.

Maybe next time try & choose a name that is cool idk.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 935,607.70
Trader: Trusted
Dec 2 2019 11:50am
no
Gold: 68.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 2 2019 11:59am
no, sry
Gold: 4,003.61
Dec 2 2019 12:07pm
Eh, its like having a nickname on a discord server while ur acc has a different name.. Idk what to say... Needs more work :p
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll