d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Pets > Rabbit Issues > Iso Opinions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 30 2019 12:36pm
straight to the skinny

my rabbit was 100% fine early yesterday morning.
she was bouncing around waiting for her morning dish refill of pellets. (i include 2 small crunchies in this meal, so she really loves breakfast time)
i also feed her a small amount of kale leaf at this time, which she also had no issues eating.

a couple hours after feeding, i noticed she was hiding. if i'm home, it's rare for her to be hiding unless she thinks i'm trying to clip nails or something like that.
i find her hiding in a corner behind a dresser, nothing really looked off, but it was definitely an oddity.

i had to leave for the rest of the day and had someone else check on her periodically. they didn't notice anything, but when i returned i noticed her condition was much worse.
her head is now tilted, the eye facing the ceiling appears to be jetting back and forth for no good reason.

i've gotten her to come out of hiding a couple times so far today, but she seems a bit frightened and is hopping in small circles. (still with a major head tilt)

she hasn't been eating pellets or crunchies, and has not been drinking water since last night.
she is still eating kale leaf. (which is a plus because of the water content in it and excess water from rinsing on top. (so she's getting water even if not drinking it)

i can only think to take her in now. i've read enough on-line to know i can't address this myself.

here's the issue with that. the only vet i can find that has any rabbit expertise, is out until 3:45 monday afternoon.
there is a 24 emergency vet around, but i've called and was assured they don't truly have the expertise needed. (although they would still see the rabbit if i brought it)

my rabbit does not do well with other people. she doesn't bite at people, but she never allows people to even approach her. (outside of me obviously)
i would take her to the 24 hour vet now if i thought it would be of benefit to the situation.
i'm a bit worried it's just going to cause more stress on the bunny though, since they don't have the experience to handle a rabbit.

i want to do what's best, but i don't want to make things worse before monday....
i'm heavily riding the fence on this right now. any thoughts might push me to 1 side or the other

small update: she is eating some of the timothy hay i laid next to her as well. (i have an assortment of foods and water near her current hiding spot)

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Nov 30 2019 12:57pm
Go Back To Pets Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll