d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Long Time Since I Last Played D3
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19.05
Trader: Trusted
Nov 26 2019 12:38am
Can anyone guide me on what to play for this Season? Campaign, adventure? Normal or Hard difficulty?

I just got a new PC setup and i'm excited to play some games, haven't played D3 since late 2013 when the auction house was still in the game.

I'm starting fresh, solo found and I did complete the campaign the last time I played so I do have adventure mode unlocked already.

I don't remember any of these rifts or adventure mode. Any help is appreciated :)
Gold: 5,169.82
Nov 26 2019 05:41am
I found this very useful: https://teambrg.com/diablo-3/d3-seasonal-start-guide/

In general you dont need to do campaign. And the difficulty is completely up to you; you can change it as you go. At max level you'll just be going higher and higher for better rewards.
Gold: 19.05
Trader: Trusted
Nov 26 2019 10:06am
^Leevee thanks !
Gold: 16,046.93
Nov 26 2019 12:40pm
First step, get to lvl 70 because that's when all of the items you find become viable for end game to do this, you can either have someone power level you (takes about 8 minutes from lvl 1, or you can play on adventure mode and do nephalem rifts most likely on hard difficulty.

As far as which class to play, it depends on if you plan on to do high level end game greater rifts with a group, or if you are happy just progressing the class you like to where you can.

The best classes this season seem to be Barbarian and Crusader by a decent margin.

But every class has 1 or 2 strong builds, its just if you really want to grind high grifts, barb and sader would be easiest to do this.

Otherwise, just have fun because leaderboards are specific to each class so you can always just compete against yourself or others using your class.

Difficulty once your 70 should be turned up as much as possible while still being able to complete 4-7 minute rifts if you are in regular rifts. This may not be possible until you get a 6 set bonus for your class, sets are incredibly important and increase the damage of your skills by literally 10,000+% in some cases. You can obviously look the builds up online, or if you are in game hit shift L and you can view peoples profiles on the leaderboards to copy builds if you want to follow the meta.

After you have your 6 set, start doing greater rifts when you can, to get the three legendary gems that your build uses to lvl 25+ (25 unlocks a new ability) these 3 gems go in sockets in your rings and ammy slot and are essential to getting more power for late game progression.

Any more specific questions lmk, otherwise, just have fun, some builds are extremely enjoyable, some are strong but grindy. I usually pick the medium power, but super fast builds myself. Although i'm running WW barb this season which is both fast and insanely powerful.
Gold: 6,586.00
Nov 27 2019 04:52am
Quote (iofthetiger @ 26 Nov 2019 19:40)
First step, get to lvl 70 because that's when all of the items you find become viable for end game to do this, you can either have someone power level you (takes about 8 minutes from lvl 1, or you can play on adventure mode and do nephalem rifts most likely on hard difficulty.

As far as which class to play, it depends on if you plan on to do high level end game greater rifts with a group, or if you are happy just progressing the class you like to where you can.

The best classes this season seem to be Barbarian and Crusader by a decent margin.

But every class has 1 or 2 strong builds, its just if you really want to grind high grifts, barb and sader would be easiest to do this.

Otherwise, just have fun because leaderboards are specific to each class so you can always just compete against yourself or others using your class.

Difficulty once your 70 should be turned up as much as possible while still being able to complete 4-7 minute rifts if you are in regular rifts. This may not be possible until you get a 6 set bonus for your class, sets are incredibly important and increase the damage of your skills by literally 10,000+% in some cases. You can obviously look the builds up online, or if you are in game hit shift L and you can view peoples profiles on the leaderboards to copy builds if you want to follow the meta.

After you have your 6 set, start doing greater rifts when you can, to get the three legendary gems that your build uses to lvl 25+ (25 unlocks a new ability) these 3 gems go in sockets in your rings and ammy slot and are essential to getting more power for late game progression.

Any more specific questions lmk, otherwise, just have fun, some builds are extremely enjoyable, some are strong but grindy. I usually pick the medium power, but super fast builds myself. Although i'm running WW barb this season which is both fast and insanely powerful.

yeah ww is a good pick this season.
can go at 2min/rift and push decently high
also barb is meta in 4push team as scout and crowd so you can also play zdps.
leapquake and charge are also fun and ok for casual play
Gold: 3,981.43
Dec 4 2019 04:39am
Quote (Garnier @ Nov 26 2019 08:38am)
Can anyone guide me on what to play for this Season? Campaign, adventure? Normal or Hard difficulty?

I just got a new PC setup and i'm excited to play some games, haven't played D3 since late 2013 when the auction house was still in the game.

I'm starting fresh, solo found and I did complete the campaign the last time I played so I do have adventure mode unlocked already.

I don't remember any of these rifts or adventure mode. Any help is appreciated :)

there was no such thing as campaign in late 2013 when AH was in game.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll