d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Where To Start For A Bad Back?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 2 2019 04:51am
Quote (Forg0tten @ Dec 1 2019 11:46pm)
I wrote a thesis on foamrolling and other myofascial treatments in 2017. Foamrolling had pretty weak evidence :-p But there's always the patient preference so I wouldn't exactly argue against it.
@duffman The absolute beginning, if capable, is walking. Walking is the holy grail for aspecific lower back pains.
A physiotherapist could teach you how to use certain muscles before acting in a way that will stress your back. It's been proven that for people with aspecific lower back pain, the m. transversus abdominis and m. multifidus are often too late in their reflective contraction, which has been suggested to negatively impact the biomechanics of your back during functional movement.
In english, knowing how to use these muscles may help you with your back pain.
As for core-specific exercises, depending on how selective you are with your muscles and where you're at witih what you can do, a simple start would be the bridge pose. You can extend this by stretching one leg during the pose but you have to be absolutely sure that your pose is still straight AF. If the bridge pose is too much, try an exercise in supine position where you would lift one leg and the contralateral arm and repeat this for the other side.
Exercises using a step are closer to functional training. Eventually you'll be doing lunges and squats (without weights, the quality of the performance is much more important).
If the given exercises are too easy/hard, post here again and I'll think of something else.

Rik

Ohhhhh really?
Have a good guide or paper to stretching or particular ones for back / legs?
I am so inflexible it’s disgusting
hoot me a PM! X
Gold: 6,723.69
Dec 3 2019 03:39am
Quote (bjones9 @ Dec 2 2019 11:51am)
Ohhhhh really?
Have a good guide or paper to stretching or particular ones for back / legs?
I am so inflexible it’s disgusting
hoot me a PM! X

I'll open "The physio's bible", aka. Mark Dutton's work on orthopaedic interventions haha, when I have time. That's probably in the weekend though T_T. Maybe Braxton can help you quicker, between him and I he's much more proficient in sports physio :)
Gold: 3.82
Dec 3 2019 10:00pm
Work on your core and try to not totally stop working out. Do back strenghtening exercises. Speedy recovery.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll