d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > New York Mets Official Thread > #lgm
Prev123413Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 24 2020 08:58pm
Yoenis going to be ready for Opening Day 24 July! about freakin time. :D
Gold: 73.65
Jun 26 2020 07:19am
Quote (Culinary @ Jun 24 2020 10:58pm)
Yoenis going to be ready for Opening Day 24 July! about freakin time. :D

That would be very exciting, but not to be pessimistic, I'll see it until I believe it.

But with the reduced number of games in this season, I have a good feeling we'll have a punchers chance of outperforming expectations. I think Diaz will also have a bounceback year too!
Jun 30 2020 04:18pm
According to Sportico, Major League Baseball “has pre-approved seven groups as qualified bidders” for the New York Mets and the team’s “preference is to close a deal before the end of the year”.

The identities of said bidders have not been revealed. Per Sportico’s report — via an anonymous source familiar with the proceedings — all groups “must sign non-disclosure agreements as a part of the process”.

The Mets, majority-owned by the Wilpon and Katz families since 2002, has been the subject of ongoing sale rumors since a previously agreed upon deal with billionaire hedge fund investor Steve Cohen fell through in January.

The $2.6 billion deal for 80 percent of the team with Cohen broke down due to disagreements over the transfer of power — a five-year window for Fred and Jeff Wilpon to remain in positions of influence, and on the payroll — as well as a reported late attempt via Cohen to change the parameters of the deal.

Since that proposal fell through, the Mets have fallen on tougher times financially than they were already embroiled in. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 global health crisis and the subsequent screeching halt of MLB operations, the Mets — already hemorrhaging money, per reports — are struggling to pay their bills.

The Wilpons’ $250 million JPMorgan Chase loan was in danger of defaulting earlier this month — reportedly awaiting a one-year payment extension — and whispers of oncoming capital calls have been swirling for months, leaving the Mets in a precarious position.

A notion to sell the team has now evolved into an inevitable need to sell, and it appears folks are beginning to line up for their chance at owning the Mets.

Power couple Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez, who has been working with JPMorgan Chase to facilitate funding, most recently tabbed Vitaminwater co-founder and Queens native Mike Repole as a potential investor.

David and Simon Reuben, real estate investor brothers, have also been reported as potential bidders, though where their interest lies — in the team or in the surrounding Willets Point properties — remains to be seen.

Co-owners of the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils — as well as minority owners of Crystal Palace FC of the English Premier League — Josh Harris and David Blitzer, reportedly remain in the picture, as well.

According to Laura Goldman (Twitter), a freelance producer for ABC News and former stockbroker, Cohen also remains intent on making a run at the Mets, though his approach may not be as “aggressive” as his previous over-the-top offer for the team sans its golden goose regional sports network, SNY — which is reportedly on the table in current discussions.

We will keep you posted with new information as it becomes available.

Sell the fucking team already.

No one fucking likes the Shitpons... Give it to someone who actually has $$$$ and willing to spend it.

I'm so blown Cohen is now out... Augh...

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jun 30 2020 04:18pm
Jun 30 2020 04:25pm
Pete Crow-Armstrong has a 70 FV fielding grade by Fangraphs. No other draft prospect scouted by Fangraphs had more than a 60 FV fielding grade.

https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board/2020-mlb-draft/scouting-position?sort=8,1&type=2&team=
Jul 2 2020 05:01pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ 30 Jun 2020 18:18)
Sell the fucking team already.

No one fucking likes the Shitpons... Give it to someone who actually has $$$$ and willing to spend it.

I'm so blown Cohen is now out... Augh...

I really wish Jerry Seinfeld and a few other lifelong met fans would buy them. The Mets really deserve the best considering the real strong and loyal fanbase we have. That would be the best! Give the fans what they want and get the Wilpons out and clear the management that is just a complete ponzi scheme out of there and start from there. I like Van Wagonen already. Keep that going. The Wilpons are just awful. Once we get rid of them, it'll be the best. I also wish we could just pay Bonilla all the way already as well. Get rid of that bum on the payroll.

This post was edited by Culinary on Jul 2 2020 05:02pm
Gold: 3,385.09
Jul 18 2020 12:49pm
Quote (Culinary @ Jul 2 2020 06:01pm)
I really wish Jerry Seinfeld and a few other lifelong met fans would buy them. The Mets really deserve the best considering the real strong and loyal fanbase we have. That would be the best! Give the fans what they want and get the Wilpons out and clear the management that is just a complete ponzi scheme out of there and start from there. I like Van Wagonen already. Keep that going. The Wilpons are just awful. Once we get rid of them, it'll be the best. I also wish we could just pay Bonilla all the way already as well. Get rid of that bum on the payroll.

I almost feel as if the Bonilla deal pays for itself every year. Its always a news story, it brings attention to the team, views, hits. Im sure they make money off it surprisingly (not a Million, but im sure more money than the avg makes)

Plus, I love seeing Bobby Bonilla Day
Jul 18 2020 02:02pm
Quote (Toews777 @ 18 Jul 2020 14:49)
I almost feel as if the Bonilla deal pays for itself every year. Its always a news story, it brings attention to the team, views, hits. Im sure they make money off it surprisingly (not a Million, but im sure more money than the avg makes)

Plus, I love seeing Bobby Bonilla Day

A lot of my friends pick at me for that. Its funny in its own boneheaded way :D
Jul 23 2020 01:13pm
Just our luck... Stroman is out on the IL..

What do y'all propose we do?

Should we get Lugo into the SL?

I just don't like having so many question marks.

Now, I don't mind Oswalt, but I'm 100% behind on giving Peterson a try. He seems like he can be a decent 5th starter.

I mean fuck it, let's bring in Harvey or even Colon.
Jul 24 2020 08:20am
According to a report from Charles Gasparino of FOX Business Network, the Mets’ epic sale process is finally nearing an end, and is in the “final inning” stage of completion.

This includes the bidding groups that are believed to still be involved in the process, namely Steve Cohen, along with a group led by Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez, and Mike Repole, along with another group headed by Josh Harris and David Blitzer.

As the bidding groups meet with the Wilpons and Mets management, Gasparino reports, they will prepare to firm up offers in the near future. But after a long-awaited process, it looks like this thing is finally going to come to a conclusion sometime soon.

While Cohen has been reported as the frontrunner for quite some time now, along with having probably the most amount support from Mets fans, it’s still a bit up in the air as to how exactly this could pan out, so stay tuned to Metsmerized for any more updates as they are revealed.

Finally... We're so close lol.

Spare us! SELL THE TEAM!
Gold: 43.99
Jul 24 2020 03:56pm
deGrom 9 starts at Citi Field against the Braves
Insane 1.53 ERA

2-7 record for the Mets though :lol:

Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev123413Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll