d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Season 19 Start Faq And Tips > Repost From General Discussion Forum
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,046.93
Nov 22 2019 11:41am
Hey sorry, when i posted this originally, I didn't realize it is more suited for this section... Mediators can certainly close the other thread if they don't want it in two places!

Hey Folks, I am trying to inform the d2jsp members who still play D3 about the things they should know for tomorrow's season start!

Season Start - The season begins tomorrow 11/22 at 8:00pm eastern 5:00pm PST

Season Theme - Season of Eternal Conflict - Essentially kill streaks matters league. Earning kill streaks starting at 15 kills then followed by 30, 50, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 500, and finally 1000 kills will proc extra powers that increase in power as kill streak goes up, and the dmg of these scale with paragon lvl and difficulty so should be viable at any stage of the game

Did they nerf WW barb and then Un-nerf it last minute? - YES! Lamentation belt buff is back but the dmg is scaled down slightly. It is still a huge win for barb lovers!
Did they buff Sader and then nerf it - Yes! but the nerf doesn't seem too drastic, time will tell if Sader remains the solo push top dog
Did they nerf Chantodo Wiz? -- MEH? they tried... it didn't work as well as intended so this build is still quite good.

Has anything changed? - Yes! A brand new Monk and Crusader set have been added, as well as new or revised legendary powers on various items that improves certain builds greatly

What's the best new class?

Tough to say..

Currently the top solo pushers seem to be

1. Sader by a large margin (but they hotpatched a slight nerf, so it's hard to anticipate just how many GR lvls it will have dropped) Using Heavens fury build and the new set
2. Monk Using a sunwuko sweeping wind tempest rush variant with new buffed wom kim lau and vengeful wind
3. Barb using seismic slam with new buffed Fjord Cutter closely followed by Whirlwind with buffed lamentation and various rend items
4. DH
5. Wiz
6. WD
7. Necro

Keep in mind these results may be skewed, because testing was probably done more heavily on accounts that received major changes

Best speed builds?

1. WOL monk (was already amazing, and got a big buff to vengeful wind)
2. Wizard/DH (I would mention that wizard is much harder to gear to easily crush t16 than the other classes)
4. Barb
5. Necro
6. WD

Leveling tips!

Save your challenge rift for after the season starts, starts your seasonal char, logout and do challenge rift.

Log back in on hard, and used rift reward to gamble legs with dmg mutlipliers in a slot that makes sense for your class, at the appropriate level.... see this list if you want to know what level you can get a certain item. https://www.d3planner.com/game/60803/kadala. You can either wear.. or cube this item if u get one

Then, craft a legendary wep of the type you want for your class with the most potential dmg legendary powers. For instance DH if you do daggers your 100 chance to get a dmg legendary
If this wep has a dmg power but is otherwise useless... cube it for the power to do massive dmg while leveling
If the wep is ideal for once u hit 70... keep it
If the wep is ancient (particularly if it also rolled a Crowd control stat) try to reroll the non-Crowd control secondary to reduced lvl req. you can get minus 40 on ancients so can potentially be swinging with a lvl 70 ancient wep at lvl 30! if this happens... bump the difficulty dramatically until u cant clear 5 min rifts
If the wep is garbage.. sorry bro

If you dont manage to get an ancient legendary... craft a lvl 70 2h wep with a Crowd control stat and again reroll the non CC secondary to reduced lvl requirement so you can smash face up to 30 levels early.

Start to play
Go to your follower and swap weapons with them (also hire a templar if your playing solo for heals)
You CAN (not necessary) quickly do easy boss bounties such as Maghda or Zolton Kuhle to get some quick starter yellows
every few levels (i think starting at lvl 7) craft a new yellow 2h wep to boost your dps as you level.
You can (not necessary) check the fence vendors for rings with added base damage rolls or main stat on them (i think starting at lvl 7)
Prioritize getting a ruby in your helm and weapon as you lvl for more xp and dmg
THere are a bunch of other small tips to make this faster.. but these are the major ones that change 6-8 hours into 1.5-3

Hopefully at least some of this info helped... if you have any further questions or want me to correct anything I have written please feel free!
Gold: 3.82
Dec 3 2019 08:50pm
thanks for this!
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll