d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Melo
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2019 11:10am
Damn proint pulling a kayeto
Gold: 13,820.00
Nov 15 2019 11:40am
Quote (ButOniiChanILoveYou @ Nov 15 2019 09:10am)
Damn proint pulling a kayeto

Keep my name
Out your mouth
Gold: 6.91
Nov 15 2019 11:44am
Both sides are wasting their time
Gold: 73.65
Nov 15 2019 04:12pm
Melo will suck with the Blazers.

Players need to look after themselves and plan for their future as they get older, adapt, and look after their bodies... Melo hasn't done that at all..

As a Celtics fan, Antoine Walker is a perfect example.

During Melo's last two years in New York, he was the worst defensive forward in the league by a large margin.

Melo was effective defensively below 18 feet, because he had the size and strength. But struggled past the perimeter, (again cause of awful fundamentals,) now the league is 3 point crazy, and Melo will get torched defending any 3PA's.

His offense will also suffer. His ego is the problem. He still thinks he's All-Star talent, but his legs and love affair for sizing up defenders leads to defender getting back on defense and resulting in contested jump shots.

Given how far behind the curve Melo was when he last played in the NBA and add to that his time away from the game, it is nearly impossible to see these issues being dealt with effectively enough to allow Melo to be a useful NBA player. I'd love it if he somehow pulled this off and got to finish his career on a better note (as I would have with Antoine Walker) but I doubt it and he only has himself to blame for this.

I'm a huge fan of Melo, but I hope he can prove me wrong.

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Nov 15 2019 04:15pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2019 04:16pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Nov 15 2019 05:12pm)
Melo will suck with the Blazers.

Players need to look after themselves and plan for their future as they get older, adapt, and look after their bodies... Melo hasn't done that at all..

As a Celtics fan, Antoine Walker is a perfect example.

During Melo's last two years in New York, he was the worst defensive forward in the league by a large margin.

Melo was effective defensively below 18 feet, because he had the size and strength. But struggled past the perimeter, (again cause of awful fundamentals,) now the league is 3 point crazy, and Melo will get torched defending any 3PA's.

His offense will also suffer. His ego is the problem. He still thinks he's All-Star talent, but his legs and love affair for sizing up defenders leads to defender getting back on defense and resulting in contested jump shots.

Given how far behind the curve Melo was when he last played in the NBA and add to that his time away from the game, it is nearly impossible to see these issues being dealt with effectively enough to allow Melo to be a useful NBA player. I'd love it if he somehow pulled this off and got to finish his career on a better note (as I would have with Antoine Walker) but I doubt it and he only has himself to blame for this.

I'm a huge fan of Melo, but I hope he can prove me wrong.

Safe to say Melo will be playing the 4, and only the 4. He should never see the 3 again.
Gold: 73.65
Nov 15 2019 04:21pm
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 15 2019 06:16pm)
Safe to say Melo will be playing the 4, and only the 4. He should never see the 3 again.

There's absolutely no way any coach should ever allow Melo to sniff or even take a look at the SF position...
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll