d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > The End Of Time Itself
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,673.25
Dec 2 2019 01:16pm
^HellChoseMe

That's an interesting take on being aware of ourselves in the present and recognizing that as small and insignificant as we are, or seem to be, in our present we have am affect on people around us.

I don't feel like we are insignificant though. When we try to contemplate all we see even on our own planet, let alone the known cosmos, it can definitely seem like we won't matter in a hundred years. But I wonder what consciousness really is. Not just being animate compared to inanimate, that alone is an amazing mystery. There is something very special about being alive vs being a rock. But to have consciousness.....to be aware of our existence. To communicate with language, is unbelievable.

Carl Sagan thought that our awareness of ourselves, our consciousness, was proof of the universe becoming aware of itself, conscious of itself. I think I like that idea. And I like thinking about consciousness existing somehow after we die.

I had a friend that worked in a cancer/aids hospice for a number of years and his job was to care for people who were leaving this life in horrible ways. He told me he held the hand of dozens of people at the moment of their death and that it changed him. It made him understand that there is a life force inside us. He told me that when a person dies, the instant they pass, a light goes out, or leaves the body. The eyes go dull and lose their color, the skin immediately turns grayish. He said there are truly physical effects that made him think of some kind of light or force inside us that leaves us the instant we die.

I like to think that what he saw means something. Of course, I DONT think the religions men have created have it right. In fact, there's no way they do lol. But it's interesting to think about.

We are made up of atoms, as everything else in the known universe is, and yet atoms are mostly empty space. I used to work with a guy who claimed to be a taoist and he would say things like, if that is a tree, it must also not be a tree. I thought he was retarded, we were allowed to say retarded back then, but as the years went by and i discovered that there are things so small that we dont exist to them and i realized that those ancient texts, taken out of context now, have knowledge embedded in them and I think humans have been on this planet for alot longer than main stream science is willing to admit.

To live is to die. This is our destiny. But maybe, just maybe, there is a light inside us that moves on somewhere new.
Gold: 60.00
Dec 2 2019 03:31pm
Yeah being able to communicate is incredible.. I used to hate literature in school and I always thought it was such a waste of my time but, the older I get the more I realize literature, is such a critical component to the human species and just advancement in general. How else are would we record history as to not make the same mistakes, communicate advance ideas, and complex concepts to each other? It must have been an absolute brutal history for the the first of our kind.

We are made up of atoms, as everything else in the known universe is, and yet atoms are mostly empty space.

Just think about that for 5 minutes... We are made up of atoms but, atoms are mostly empty space. We are made up of very tightly packed together atoms which make very solid matter but, atoms are mostly nothingness... Which means we are just nothingness....?? Talk about a mind f*ck...

I don't understand the tree thing... Do I need more life experience to understand this concept?

**Just to be clear I am not a religious man. I do not believe in heaven/hell nor would I want to go to heaven if heaven existed (which it does not).** So when I use the word *soul* in the sentence following this one, please don't confuse it with any religious nonsense.
If we are made up of matter and The Conservation of Mass-Energy states: "matter can not be created nor destroyed" does that mean *our spirit/soul/life force/conscienceless just goes to another place, another time, or another dimension? Perhaps the universe never had a birth, maybe it won't have a death..? Perhaps it always just was...? Time is a man made concept. Perhaps time never existed nor will it?? Maybe we just shift from place to place body to body when we are needed?? I do not know nor probably will I ever but, its fun to converse about... I like to ask questions and am just having fun.

Carl Sagan thought that our awareness of ourselves, our consciousness, was proof of the universe becoming aware of itself, conscious of itself. I think I like that idea. And I like thinking about consciousness existing somehow after we die.

I like that... I like that a lot... Maybe we are waking up/becoming aware of ourselves/the universe

In my f*cked up mind, I sometimes see myself looking at my face through the lens of a camera. In my hand I hold a snow globe with a figurine inside. I'm going to call this square one. I zoom out and away from my face my body and my snow globe. I can now see the house I'm in. I zoom out farther and see the state I live in. I zoom out further and see the country, then the world, until finally I've zoomed so far out that now I'm in space. When I get far enough out into space I can see that our whole solar system. It looks eerily similar to an atom. The planets look like little electrons orbiting the sun which in turn looks like a bunch of protons and neutrons clumped together. I keep zooming away and now can see the milky way galaxy. It too looks eerily like something... All of these different galaxies clumped together look like... ah-ha! a molecule! But, how are they being held together? Surely not chemically... gravity?? I zoom farther out still, I see that the universe (the largest thing that can be) looks like an organic cell made up of very small molecules, wait! I mean galaxies. I zoom farther out than possible (you can't zoom away from the universe the universe is everything) but, alas I do it anyhow. Zooming yet farther away from this cell this universe, is a tissue, then an organ (skin), until I see a face, a head, a body and I see a man... it has my face. Its me, looking right into the depths of my soul with a sadistic feral grin. I'm right back at square one. I just took a straight lined journey through a matryoshka snowglobe that never ends. I am in the snow globe holding a snow globe with my figurine inside that snow globe and in turn I am in that snow globe, yet again holding another snow globe......

A day in the life of HellChoseMe.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 8 2019 04:36am
Quote (HellChoseMe @ Dec 2 2019 02:31pm)
Yeah being able to communicate is incredible.. I used to hate literature in school and I always thought it was such a waste of my time but, the older I get the more I realize literature, is such a critical component to the human species and just advancement in general. How else are would we record history as to not make the same mistakes, communicate advance ideas, and complex concepts to each other? It must have been an absolute brutal history for the the first of our kind.

Just think about that for 5 minutes... We are made up of atoms but, atoms are mostly empty space. We are made up of very tightly packed together atoms which make very solid matter but, atoms are mostly nothingness... Which means we are just nothingness....?? Talk about a mind f*ck...

I don't understand the tree thing... Do I need more life experience to understand this concept?

**Just to be clear I am not a religious man. I do not believe in heaven/hell nor would I want to go to heaven if heaven existed (which it does not).** So when I use the word *soul* in the sentence following this one, please don't confuse it with any religious nonsense.
If we are made up of matter and The Conservation of Mass-Energy states: "matter can not be created nor destroyed" does that mean *our spirit/soul/life force/conscienceless just goes to another place, another time, or another dimension? Perhaps the universe never had a birth, maybe it won't have a death..? Perhaps it always just was...? Time is a man made concept. Perhaps time never existed nor will it?? Maybe we just shift from place to place body to body when we are needed?? I do not know nor probably will I ever but, its fun to converse about... I like to ask questions and am just having fun.

I like that... I like that a lot... Maybe we are waking up/becoming aware of ourselves/the universe

In my f*cked up mind, I sometimes see myself looking at my face through the lens of a camera. In my hand I hold a snow globe with a figurine inside. I'm going to call this square one. I zoom out and away from my face my body and my snow globe. I can now see the house I'm in. I zoom out farther and see the state I live in. I zoom out further and see the country, then the world, until finally I've zoomed so far out that now I'm in space. When I get far enough out into space I can see that our whole solar system. It looks eerily similar to an atom. The planets look like little electrons orbiting the sun which in turn looks like a bunch of protons and neutrons clumped together. I keep zooming away and now can see the milky way galaxy. It too looks eerily like something... All of these different galaxies clumped together look like... ah-ha! a molecule! But, how are they being held together? Surely not chemically... gravity?? I zoom farther out still, I see that the universe (the largest thing that can be) looks like an organic cell made up of very small molecules, wait! I mean galaxies. I zoom farther out than possible (you can't zoom away from the universe the universe is everything) but, alas I do it anyhow. Zooming yet farther away from this cell this universe, is a tissue, then an organ (skin), until I see a face, a head, a body and I see a man... it has my face. Its me, looking right into the depths of my soul with a sadistic feral grin. I'm right back at square one. I just took a straight lined journey through a matryoshka snowglobe that never ends. I am in the snow globe holding a snow globe with my figurine inside that snow globe and in turn I am in that snow globe, yet again holding another snow globe......

A day in the life of HellChoseMe.

Carnifex is life
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll