d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > The End Of Time Itself
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.33
Nov 14 2019 05:40pm

found this neat video today , figured id share . Its lengthy but well worth the watch IMO

This post was edited by peeezy on Nov 14 2019 05:40pm
Gold: 2,673.25
Nov 18 2019 09:55am
Awesome
Gold: 6.33
Nov 18 2019 10:41am
Quote (Zepllica @ Nov 18 2019 10:55am)
Awesome

ya lol i thought it was pretty sweet , kinda fucked up to think everything is going to come to an end .
Even if it is quadrillions of trillions of years from now
Nov 18 2019 12:56pm
Quote (peeezy @ Nov 18 2019 12:41pm)
ya lol i thought it was pretty sweet , kinda fucked up to think everything is going to come to an end .
Even if it is quadrillions of trillions of years from now

I think it's worth thinking about. I think its worth theorizing about. We have been bestowed, for good or bad, with the ability to recognize ourselves. Recognize our existence, and by default, recognize our death. I think however one believes we have been given this gift of consciousness, whether from a God or by chance, it is a real waste not to think about everything there is to think about.
Gold: 0.07
Warn: 20%
Nov 18 2019 11:56pm
Quote (Zepllica @ Nov 18 2019 12:56pm)
I think it's worth thinking about. I think its worth theorizing about. We have been bestowed, for good or bad, with the ability to recognize ourselves. Recognize our existence, and by default, recognize our death. I think however one believes we have been given this gift of consciousness, whether from a God or by chance, it is a real waste not to think about everything there is to think about.

How do we stop this?
Nov 19 2019 06:08am
Quote (lll420lll @ Nov 19 2019 01:56am)
How do we stop this?

Thinking or the universe dying?
Gold: 0.07
Warn: 20%
Nov 19 2019 08:00am
Quote (Zepllica @ Nov 19 2019 06:08am)
Thinking or the universe dying?

LMAO universe dying, maybe that is our ultimate purpose.
Nov 19 2019 08:10am
I don't think they have it right. I think that's the worst case scenario possible, but I think we are way, way, WAY off on our estimations of the actual age of the universe. I know, I know, they see stuff moving and the math says this and that, lol. But i think there's alot gong on that we can't even begin to understand yet. And the age of the universe and how it will end, if it in fact will end, is only one of those things we can't grasp yet.

Life, death, birth and rebirth is all part of everutjjkg we see around us and everything we see for as far as our latest looking glasses will let us see. Stars are being born all the time. I'm not sure the big bang is all its cracked up to be and when one asks the question, but please sir, do tell us what came before the big bang, they laugh and say it doesn't matter. But it does matter. It matters very much.

So I am not convinced that we have any idea what is truly going on out there in the universe or even within our own thoughts and consciousness. It's all a bunch of theory and conjecture. Except for the math in Fermi's paradox. That shit is crazy and anyone who thinks this universe isn't bursting with life, even though we haven't found it yet, is SUPER crazy :D
Gold: 60.00
Nov 30 2019 08:14pm
I love these videos because it really makes me ponder life. The universe is so complex and gigantic that I'll never understand it. Of course I don't believe everything they say in the video because, after all aren’t. they just hypotheses? I'm not going to pretend I have the answers and that’s ok. Isn't it nice to just think and use YOUR brain to create your own hypothesizes and theories of what could be. Isn’t it nice to sit with friends and discuss your thoughts? When thinking about an impossible to answer questions that no one on this planet at this time has enough information to answer with certainty, I don't know it gives me such a sensation I suppose like a natural high. Not having all the answers keeps life interesting and exciting. It’s the quest for knowledge. Its exhilarating to submit to life/the unknown/galaxy admitting to myself I don't have answers but, embracing the awe and wonder I can see and feel as I gaze into the evening sky.

Zepplica. I also think about consciousness all the time. I mean we have a conscious. Why do we have this ability? I don't know but, I do know I'm going to die. I'm not sure when… could be in 5 minutes could be in 50 years but, death is certain. If I fail to use this ability to think, to ponder, to wonder then this gift (as you call it) is unquestionably wasted. If however, I use my brain to think, to question, to communicate the gift was not given in vein.

I want to add something I feel is relevant to this discussion. I see traces of it in this thread and it used to plague me. I used to say and think things like: 1. What does it matter? 2. How can I stop the world from ending? 3. What a waste of time, I'm going to do all of this work and up dying anyhow. 4. it's so sad we'll never get to live forever 5. The universe is going to collapse in the end so f*ck it my actions today have no consequences. 6. Might as well get life over with... I'm going to die anyhow. 7. What was the point of everything I did in my life? 8. Why am I here? 9. Why does anything matter?

Anyhow this guy popped into my life one day 30 years later... He told a story about mattering. It was so moving and discussed in such a different light that I never experienced before. It blind sided me to be honest. When I get lost in my own sorrows or start to drown in depression I reminisce that story and it use it to enlighten my mind once again.

He told me I won't matter 100 years from now nor will I matter 5000 years from now and I definitely won't matter at the end of time when the universe fades away. BUT, I do matter NOW in the present. I'm a lowly guy who has a decent life today and I won't matter 200 years from today. It sounds depressing but, what if I told you I could mean the world to a handful of people around me NOW-! in the present. When I’m looking up to the skies and pondering life sometimes I can feel a bit insignificant and that’s ok. My world is nothing more than a grain of sand on the beach and the galaxy is the beach. But that doesn’t mean the things I do and say don’t matter. In fact they matter a great deal to the people around me TODAY and anyone in contact with me ie people on the internet (you). So do your mattering here and now in the present. Don’t confuse NEVER have mattered with something as ridiculous as not mattering in the future. We should respect the future (ie doing and saying things today to benefit ourselves and anyone around us) but, don’t get confused thinking ONLY the future holds some sort of greater value and the present doesn’t matter. This is a horrible way of thinking. Matter today and affect someone around you today. Speaking for myself I’m still working on training my brain to be less obsessed with the future and my mattering then. Too often I take people for granted today. I ignore people around me because, I'm so worried about mattering later that I forget the people around me are the ONLY thing that matters to me. They matter to me and I should matter to them by affecting them in a positive way. I can only fix this by mattering today, now, in the present. Being mindful.

So yeah like Zepllica said it’s worth thinking about, it’s worth theorizing about, and recognize your consciousness. We have one life to live and then it’s gone… The destination is great but, too often it’s such a short experience that we fall into this trap that only the destination (ie future)is the only thing of value. Enjoy the journey..
Gold: 19,050.24
Dec 1 2019 07:44pm
awesome!
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll