d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Guys, Byerdynamic 770 Pro Arent Worth It!
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 87.00
Nov 18 2019 02:26pm
Quote (iaapvper @ 18 Nov 2019 22:04)
so here, finally got the hyperx 2 and the amp and tried all possible combinations

first of all the reason why 770 80ohm were so low volume and struggle with high volume even tho the quality was good was cause u have to have a source not only ampped up but drivers to support 24bit 96kz, which this little amp got, and that alone gave the dt 770s 80ohms everything they needed, no more struggle high volume and super amazing sound quality.

BUT and heres what, the hyperx cloud 2 are just fucking unbeatable, thats pretty much it, they take all the volume u give them without distorting whatsoever and always deliver that punch i said previously, with very little different in terms of sound quality, just closer sound instead of hearing everything super distinctively like dt 770s.
the trick is if i use the amp and the hyperx the sound quality is just amazing while at the same time it gives a lot more punch with higher volumes without struggling and its also a headset and got a neat 7.1 feature with on button click.

so, my conclusion is, im returning the dt 770s (sorry) but they lost the battle vs the hyperx but barely, and only, considering all the pros and cons (including my own opinion and preferences).

tldr:

with amp:
770 is better quality only struggling a bit at higher sound volumes
hyperx still very good sound quality although the difference is very noticeable, but shines with a nice punch at higher volumes without a struggle

without amp:
hyperx dominates, and just loses to sound quality but barely (since my motherboard sound doesnt support 24bit, but just like the dt770 wont be using 24bit so they have worse quality without amp in my case)

https://i.imgur.com/6qesqKq.png

notes dt770 80ohm definitely need an amp, the one i bought is nearly perfect for them, people even use it for 250ohms

opinions?
if u like to listen to music very out loud without any kind of distortion, ur a gamer, u need a headset, u want a decent sound quality, get the hyperx
if u want amazing sound quality get the dt770s 80ohm but u need an amp which in that case u should get the 250ohms.
they will still scream for most people u will never max them, but im just nuts i like it out loud my ears feeling the air pumping from the bass

best combination u ask me? hyperx with amp that supports 24bit 96k like this one: Fiio E10K Headphone Amplifier, Black u will be amazed

DT770 should play cleanly so loud that you will get permanent hearing damage so don't really know what your expectations are here. HyperX are known to have boosted bass while DT770 are more neutral, there are many good headphones with boosted bass as well but they are out of your budget. You are saying HyperX is better for games while they are not, more accurate headphones will get you more accurate positioning in games as well. 5.1/7.1 and what ever are just a marketing tricks, regular headphones will play just as good in that regard. To summarise, yes, you are free to use your money how ever you like.
Gold: 1,809.31
Warn: 50%
Nov 18 2019 02:51pm
Quote (vittujenkevat @ Nov 18 2019 08:26pm)
DT770 should play cleanly so loud that you will get permanent hearing damage so don't really know what your expectations are here. HyperX are known to have boosted bass while DT770 are more neutral, there are many good headphones with boosted bass as well but they are out of your budget. You are saying HyperX is better for games while they are not, more accurate headphones will get you more accurate positioning in games as well. 5.1/7.1 and what ever are just a marketing tricks, regular headphones will play just as good in that regard. To summarise, yes, you are free to use your money how ever you like.

"while DT770 are more neutral" ... indeed they are more neutral i said so, u can hear each sound disgustingly and super clear, but they struggle at high volume, they lose quality/punch and even distort with amp or without amp, maybe the amp i got is not good enough and they still need better than what I got? (it could be a possibility)
but the hyperx are just super solid and connected to this amp the sound quality at all times near excellent at low and high sound volumes, almost as clear ass the dt770 but with more punch and less distortion (at high volumes), and they also feel more comfortable.

look the price range is just 20bucks how different can they be? hyperx sells way more than byerdynamics, and that is a reason to bring the price down, I mean believe byerdynamics have higher quality of copper, but I think hyperx shines in otherways, maybe experience since they sell so many, they know where to hit to make a near perfect product. im not saying quality of byerdynamics sound isnt great at low volumes, but it just lacks everything else, i want the power at high volumes, the punch, i wanna feel the bass air pumping in my ears.. dt770s dont do that like the hyperx they just distort.
Nov 19 2019 02:07am
Quote (iaapvper @ 18 Nov 2019 22:51)
"while DT770 are more neutral" ... indeed they are more neutral i said so, u can hear each sound disgustingly and super clear, but they struggle at high volume, they lose quality/punch and even distort with amp or without amp, maybe the amp i got is not good enough and they still need better than what I got? (it could be a possibility)
but the hyperx are just super solid and connected to this amp the sound quality at all times near excellent at low and high sound volumes, almost as clear ass the dt770 but with more punch and less distortion (at high volumes), and they also feel more comfortable.

look the price range is just 20bucks how different can they be? hyperx sells way more than byerdynamics, and that is a reason to bring the price down, I mean believe byerdynamics have higher quality of copper, but I think hyperx shines in otherways, maybe experience since they sell so many, they know where to hit to make a near perfect product. im not saying quality of byerdynamics sound isnt great at low volumes, but it just lacks everything else, i want the power at high volumes, the punch, i wanna feel the bass air pumping in my ears.. dt770s dont do that like the hyperx they just distort.

By how you describe it I would guess you already have hearing loss and thus you try to play them at extreme levels and you are not feeding enough power to do so.

While you say their price difference is only 20£ but there is more to it. For HyperX you are also using money for microphone and the more complicated design to implement it and that leaves less money for actual drivers. Also Beyerdynamics have designed headphones for decades while HyperX is quite new product and their design cost can be a lot higher as they have designed the product in short period while Beyerdynamics use their experience from decades while Kingston is not an audio company either. Driver and ear-cup design are where the sound quality comes from and Beyerdynamics have the experience there.
Gold: 3,605.21
Nov 19 2019 11:07am
Didnt read 80% of this thread.

Learn to audio kid.
Gold: 2,300.00
Nov 19 2019 02:43pm
LOL I hope this is a troll.

Anyways @vittujenkevat DT770 has boosted bass and treble with recessed mids.
Nov 19 2019 07:03pm
Quote (JVL @ Nov 19 2019 08:43pm)

not as much bass as hyperx, better sound quality overall, but struggles at high volumes, while the hyperx delivers.
Nov 19 2019 07:30pm
literally right now, im listening to music with my hyperx and the amplifier, and its fucking punching thru my ears, the bass air pressure is amazing together with high detailed treble.
if i used my dt770 at this volume they would shit themselves
Nov 19 2019 11:08pm
Quote (JVL @ 19 Nov 2019 22:43)

Yes, I'm aware of that but not as much as the HyperX. Could be a troll or deaf from the spl.
Gold: 2,300.00
Nov 20 2019 07:36am
Quote (vittujenkevat @ Nov 20 2019 07:08am)
Yes, I'm aware of that but not as much as the HyperX. Could be a troll or deaf from the spl.

Gotcha, I misinterpreted what you wrote.
Gold: 84.10
Nov 20 2019 09:20am
Quote (iaapvper @ Nov 19 2019 07:03pm)
not as much bass as hyperx, better sound quality overall, but struggles at high volumes, while the hyperx delivers.

High volume on what?

Is windows near maxed and then amp adjusted?
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll