d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Ben Simmons
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,131.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 15 2019 10:43am
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 16 2019 03:36am)
Speaking of Tobias, he's in an awful slump shooting the ball..... he has gone 0-of-23 from 3-point range over the last five games.

Don't expect it to continue long, but god damn. For a guy that shoots as well as he does normally it's a tough pill to swallow. We NEED that 3pt shooting from him.

The Simmons effect
Gold: 4,374.00
Nov 15 2019 10:43am
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 15 2019 09:36am)
Speaking of Tobias, he's in an awful slump shooting the ball..... he has gone 0-of-23 from 3-point range over the last five games.

Don't expect it to continue long, but god damn. For a guy that shoots as well as he does normally it's a tough pill to swallow. We NEED that 3pt shooting from him.

Ouch

Man Jimmy B would whip him right into shape if he was still around.
Gold: 73.65
Nov 15 2019 04:20pm
Here's a fun comparison of two Aussies, Aron and Ben, and their journeys towards learning how to shoot from the perimeter.

I know Simmons was working hard on his jump shot so I won't give him too much shit but...

Kareem used to talk to Andrew Bynum about this. He said it was pointless to practice and learn his sky hook if he was unwilling to try it in games. Must be able to use it in games to retain that muscle memory.

Pippen also went through a similar experience, he couldn't make jump-shots. He was afraid to even take shots. He had to force himself to take 1-2 jump-shots a night even though he did not want to. As the years went on, Pippen got more comfortable and became a capable jump-shooter but he it started there. That is where Simmons has to start and he is unwilling (afraid?) to do so. That is the biggest disappointment of his season so far.

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Nov 15 2019 04:22pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2019 04:22pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Nov 15 2019 05:20pm)
Here's a fun comparison of two Aussies, Aron and Ben, and their journeys towards learning how to shoot from the perimeter.

https://i.postimg.cc/GmwbqD4s/baynesvsimmons.jpg

I know Simmons was working hard on his jump shot so I won't give him too much shit but...

Kareem used to talk to Andrew about this. He said it was pointless to practice and learn his sky hook if he was unwilling to try it in games. Must be able to use it in games to retain that muscle memory.

Pippen also went through a similar experience, he couldn't make jump-shots. He was afraid to even take shots. He had to force himself to take 1-2 jump-shots a night even though he did not want to. As the years went on, Pippen got more comfortable and became a capable jump-shooter but he it started there. That is where Simmons has to start and he is unwilling (afraid?) to do so. That is the biggest disappointment of his season so far.

Wow you put a lot of time into that, i'm impressed. Not bad either, not bad at all.

But jesus christ don't let Kimmy see this for the love of god.
Nov 15 2019 04:25pm
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 15 2019 06:22pm)
Wow you put a lot of time into that, i'm impressed. Not bad either, not bad at all.

But jesus christ don't let Kimmy see this for the love of god.

Lol all credit to my man ozgod! I was actually thinking of making something like that, because the trajectory of Bayne's emergence of 3P shooting sparked my interest, likewise for Horford.

That being said, Simmons doesn't need to shoot 3's to be effective, just enough to keep defenses honest so they don't always give him extra space to operate.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2019 04:31pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Nov 15 2019 05:25pm)
Lol all credit to my man ozgod! I was actually thinking of making something like that, because the trajectory of Bayne's emergence of 3P shooting sparked my interest, likewise for Horford.

That being said, Simmons doesn't need to shoot 3's to be effective, just enough to keep defenses honest so they don't always give him extra space to operate.

You're preaching to the choir right now brother, trust me I have sleepless nights thinking about this :rofl:

Shooting open 3's when he has space would do two things. Force them to play honest and tight on him, which would open the floor for Embiid and others looking to drive. And two, it would take Ben's game to another level because he can cook guys that try to play up on him (usually bigger guys too).

If he could shoot/hit open 3's at even a half decent rate, it would be gravy and he'd be able to do so much more and score 20+ a game consistently. You put a smaller guy on him, and he's taking them to the post and bodying them with his good post up game. You put a bigger guy on him, he's going to run right around them.

This post was edited by Sixers on Nov 15 2019 04:33pm
Gold: 16,697.00
Nov 15 2019 04:38pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ 15 Nov 2019 17:20)

https://i.postimg.cc/GmwbqD4s/baynesvsimmons.jpg

Kareem used to talk to Andrew Bynum about this. He said it was pointless to practice and learn his sky hook if he was unwilling to try it in games. Must be able to use it in games to retain that muscle memory.

Ben was doing Kylie Jenner all Summer that's why
Nov 15 2019 04:42pm
Quote (Phaggot @ Nov 15 2019 06:38pm)
Ben was doing Kylie Jenner all Summer that's why

Jokes on him, at least she can make it rain.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll