Quote (Yurihyuga @ Jun 20 2022 01:18pm)
bind on trade is fine IMO as things will retain value and no flipping which was probably the biggest issue with the d3 AH.
Unpopular opinion here : D3 auction house was awesome
here is why :
- people could find any item (no loot targeting for each class like today) and then could sell them to then buy what they actually need
- the monetization was genius : people who used CB to buy items were not taxed, people who sold stuffs were. But withtout the game, no profit would be made anyway
- it was a real answer to other websites like d2jsp, with more secured transactions
- auction was a nice way to get the best value for your goods
- easy way for buyer and seller to meet, unlike d2 where u have to use game name or third party websites
so what went wrong?
- parangon bonus was BS, they basically granted 3% extra gold find with each level, causing massive inflation on top on rewarding gold bots who then could spend there artificial and ridiculous amount of gold on the AH (remember inflation went so crazy they had to increase the number of digits at the AH so that now people could pay BILLIONS of gold for a piece of gear, this is insane lol)
- letting ingame currency increase exponentially is a noob mistake especially with an ingame real world money system to buy ingame gold
- they made stupid patchs who destroyed existing items, making them charsi food whereas people may have been grinding for months or been paying with real world money (hello skorn, mempo and shit). You just cannot destroy itemization from one patch to another when there s a setup economy like it was back then in D3
So yeah Auction House was genuinely a good system. What they did around it was bullshit though.