d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Diablo Iv Trading Still Not Good
Prev1161718192067Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,140.00
Nov 12 2020 01:58pm
Quote (Acuity @ Nov 12 2020 06:40am)
Issue with the logic on that is that RPG’s are vastly more difficult and time consuming to make compared to the higher profit market of shooters etc.

I think they’ll break record sales for the title just like they did with Diablo 3. They do that and there’s no content worth grinding and it kills the franchise

Logically speaking, Blizzard sales and revenue should go way down the tube if they keep putting out crap content.

Unfortunately, they've been crap for like a decade+ now and they are still a cash cow. They have the brand power and I don't know how long it's going to take for it to lose its luster.

Diablo 4 is going to make a ton of money whether it's good or not. And even if it's bad, D5 will also make a ton of money in 15 years or whatever, too.
Gold: 629.50
Nov 13 2020 12:19pm
Quote (Acuity @ 12 Nov 2020 14:21)
An ARPG without trading seems like a single player arcade game.

If the my do a non trading system the game won’t sustain a player base very long.

Unlike when Diablo 3 released there are many competitors such as path of exile 2 this time around.

They’ll need to have a title worth playing or they’ll lose fans month over month. If this game isn’t successful might kill the Diablo franchise.

I completely agree that all social aspects are inferior to d2 - smaller groups, horrendous pvp, no trading, chat channels were rubbish.

I loved the new items like wizard sources, they were a great idea and the imbalance of class items in d2 is one of my absolute biggest complaints.

What I don't like so far for D4 is the limited rune system, and that they're using the old rune names and look without even having similar effects.
Rune words are basic, don't look impactful but most of all rws are intended to mix it up and generate new options for different classes which this absolutely does not at this stage.

If it keeps shaping up well, I'll be a day 1 player. Inb4 error 37

I do however feel the end game in RoS onwards is much better, my main problem with itemization was the trash about all damage based on weapon, absolute trash.

I also liked the idea of the auction house and didn't care about rmah either, it was nice that they made an attempt to standardise the game economy but cry babies ruined that.

This post was edited by Neutral on Nov 13 2020 12:21pm
Gold: 75.00
Nov 13 2020 12:31pm
Quote (LuLer @ Nov 12 2020 11:58am)
Logically speaking, Blizzard sales and revenue should go way down the tube if they keep putting out crap content.

Unfortunately, they've been crap for like a decade+ now and they are still a cash cow. They have the brand power and I don't know how long it's going to take for it to lose its luster.

Diablo 4 is going to make a ton of money whether it's good or not. And even if it's bad, D5 will also make a ton of money in 15 years or whatever, too.

Yeah that's my point I think they'll make there money with original sales but they'll have no player retention. Why spend 10x more money on the continuation of the Diablo franchise when you can make a lot more profit with less work making shooters.

My argument isn't that they won't make money on the initial sale but it doesn't make fiscal sense to keep producing a game like Diablo when you can release a call of duty game every year and just make MTX or tournaments for PvP every month.

CoD= 100 Million profit on initial sales and 100 million a month in MTX/Bundles

D4= 150 Million profit on sale then dead.

The cost of a game like Diablo 4 to make is so much larger than a shooter. You're making an epic adventure with lore and textures etc.

For shooters and PvP games it's basically just copy paste and update textures.

Quote (Neutral @ Nov 13 2020 10:19am)
I completely agree that all social aspects are inferior to d2 - smaller groups, horrendous pvp, no trading, chat channels were rubbish.

I loved the new items like wizard sources, they were a great idea and the imbalance of class items in d2 is one of my absolute biggest complaints.

What I don't like so far for D4 is the limited rune system, and that they're using the old rune names and look without even having similar effects.
Rune words are basic, don't look impactful but most of all rws are intended to mix it up and generate new options for different classes which this absolutely does not at this stage.

If it keeps shaping up well, I'll be a day 1 player. Inb4 error 37

I do however feel the end game in RoS onwards is much better, my main problem with itemization was the trash about all damage based on weapon, absolute trash.

I also liked the idea of the auction house and didn't care about rmah either, it was nice that they made an attempt to standardise the game economy but cry babies ruined that.

If you can't trade items you find in an ARPG it looses the sense of discovery because once you drop an item every time after that it just feels like you're missing out on other loot. IT should always feel good to drop the rarest item in a game.

In a game like Diablo most players have a niche they fall under and you should always be rewarded for having a specific craft.

If you like farming low content for material that's fine you can do it for a long time and save up for that rare unique that only drops from harder content etc.

If you're good at bossing and bad at speed farming or crafting then you should be rewarded for that as well.

Doing something like this allows all types of players to enjoy the game and fulfill a role just like life.

I don't enjoy grinding for a boss every day and I'd be more likely to quit a game that forces me to do that compared to a game that allows me to play how I want to but still allows me to progress.

This post was edited by Acuity on Nov 13 2020 12:41pm
Nov 13 2020 12:58pm
Quote (Acuity @ Nov 13 2020 10:31am)
Yeah that's my point I think they'll make there money with original sales but they'll have no player retention. Why spend 10x more money on the continuation of the Diablo franchise when you can make a lot more profit with less work making shooters.

My argument isn't that they won't make money on the initial sale but it doesn't make fiscal sense to keep producing a game like Diablo when you can release a call of duty game every year and just make MTX or tournaments for PvP every month.

CoD= 100 Million profit on initial sales and 100 million a month in MTX/Bundles

D4= 150 Million profit on sale then dead.

The cost of a game like Diablo 4 to make is so much larger than a shooter. You're making an epic adventure with lore and textures etc.

For shooters and PvP games it's basically just copy paste and update textures.

You're not wrong, but Diablo still makes a lot of money which means it makes sense for them to keep making it, even if it makes less money than some of their other projects.

Every company has products that make more money than others, that doesn't mean they should just drop the less fruitful products. Profit is profit.
Nov 13 2020 01:17pm
Can't believe there are people out there against trading in ARPGs or at least Diablo. 3rd party sites like JSP and P2W players aren't good enough reasons to gimp the game.

A self-found realm may be the solution, even though I would prefer as little segregation as possible in hopes of a more lively community.

-

As for the auction house, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, if you're going to have trading, you might as well make the system as efficient as possible which the AH was.

On the other hand, the AH became the better option over actually playing the game when it came to gearing your character and accumulating wealth, to the point where a lot of people were just playing the market and not the game at all.

It's almost as if an inefficient system (like what we have in D2) is a good balance, even if it doesn't intuitively make sense.
Gold: 629.50
Nov 13 2020 03:47pm
Quote (LuLer @ 13 Nov 2020 19:17)
Can't believe there are people out there against trading in ARPGs or at least Diablo. 3rd party sites like JSP and P2W players aren't good enough reasons to gimp the game.

A self-found realm may be the solution, even though I would prefer as little segregation as possible in hopes of a more lively community.

-

As for the auction house, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, if you're going to have trading, you might as well make the system as efficient as possible which the AH was.

On the other hand, the AH became the better option over actually playing the game when it came to gearing your character and accumulating wealth, to the point where a lot of people were just playing the market and not the game at all.

It's almost as if an inefficient system (like what we have in D2) is a good balance, even if it doesn't intuitively make sense.

I loved the mh and had absolutely no problem with rmah, I wish they never removed it.
Gold: 80.38
Nov 13 2020 05:50pm
I hope they don’t actually make account bindable, they always threaten that though.
Gold: 3,621.69
Nov 13 2020 11:12pm
auction houses or other similar in game trade facilitators (e.g RS GE) are better than messaging people (POE)

problem is the currency that is used, trying to force gold was a bit of a fail and real money is cancer
Gold: 8,013.34
Nov 14 2020 03:10am
Quote (LuLer @ 13 Nov 2020 20:17)

If someone wants to play AH its ok, as there are traders in real life also, if someone wants to farm bosses its ok also, but the ones who only sit on AH are small small percent anyway. MrLlama talked about that with Rhykker i posted video with time stamp on Page 14. In this topic. And i agree on everything you guys wrote, thats the best for players. I rly want this game to be real Diablo game, i am missing good ARPG so much and i think only Blizzard can make it possible and deliver that to us.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Nov 14 2020 03:29am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 19 2020 01:29pm
Blizzard is smart to kill tradeing bc of ppl stealing from blizzard by selling blizzards ip on 3rd part sights like this cancer sight and to all you kids that think you “own” your accs and everything on them you dont blizzard dose. smart move to end tradeing to stop ppl from makeing $ off some 1 elts property
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1161718192067Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll