d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Need Help With Ideas For Project.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.25
Oct 20 2019 12:28pm
Hi guys,

I'm planning on doing a project for my final year in college. I wanted to get some opinions from people in the area and computing industry.

I'm thinking of creating an app for one specific aspect of project management. I was thinking of creating an app for burndown charts or sum sprints.
I wanted to get an opinion for you guys what do you think is lacking in project management software, or what feature of project management software could be improved on that would help a lot of people?
Maybe something that does not yet exist or is poorly supported?
If anyone has any ideas or opinions, I would love to hear them from you.

Regards
Gold: 12,935.00
Oct 23 2019 08:07am
Find an aspect of Kanban solutions (e.g. Jira) that you can attempt to implement an improvement for, and bullshit as much as possible to get a good grade

This post was edited by Klexmoo on Oct 23 2019 08:07am
Gold: 1,939.50
Oct 23 2019 06:28pm
Quote (Klexmoo @ Oct 23 2019 10:07am)
Find an aspect of Kanban solutions (e.g. Jira) that you can attempt to implement an improvement for, and bullshit as much as possible to get a good grade

Yeah, you can set up JIRA and write an integration for it all for free if you want to do that. You'd have to find something that isn't already in the product though which is going to be hard. Most of the stuff that isn't in the product has plugins/addons/integrations for it.
See: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/getting-started/#free-developer-instances-to-build-and-test-your-app

If you're good you could even publish it and make some money.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll