d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Unnecessary / Redundant Functions > System Is Already Taking Care Of Them
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 20 2019 07:32am
In your Account Settings, you can choose a time zone from a list
and also check a box "to adjust your time":

Both functions (time zone list as well as the box) are redundant due to this change: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81162705&f=258
So choosing a time zone from the list is now unnecessary and has no function because the system is now automatically changing your time zone based on your location.
Even if you were choosing a wrong time zone, the system will correct that within an hour (assuming you are online).

There is another redundancy in the description of Change Personal Photo as well as Change Avatar.
It's saying "All photos must be no larger than 100 kilobytes and no bigger than 192 px by 192 px." while at the bottom of that page we are being told that
"Images will automatically be scaled down in size if they are too large in pixel size."
If the pixel size will be adjusted automatically, why are we told to keep that in mind? That is unnecessary and confusing as well.

These functions (time zone) / information (image scaling description) should be removed because redundancies in general cause confusion (example in terms of the images: You try to follow a rule although the system is already automatically making sure
that the rule is followed) and redundancies are just.. unnecessary :p

This post was edited by OnChair on Oct 20 2019 07:47am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 20 2019 08:06am
I like to add that the list of time zones can also cause errors / unwanted behavior.
An example for that is "Last Seen". It doesn't always happen but if you change your time zone
to a wrong value, your "Last Seen" will change (as example) from 1 minute to 30 minutes.
I have tested that some weeks ago and let me friends observe it.

This post was edited by OnChair on Oct 20 2019 08:07am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll