d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > Career Decision > What Would You Choose?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,621.69
Oct 18 2019 04:04pm
Don't get paid overtime for any overtime hours I work.

protip:

if you aren't getting paid for overtime then you don't do overtime
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 18 2019 04:12pm
Quote (Shannon @ Oct 18 2019 11:53am)
Honestly, it would depend on my age - younger years - i'd be going for the 100k. Saving for all the toys I wanted e.g. nice house, car etc.. and looking a those hours - they looks easy as heck. So why is it stressful?

Nowadays, I have that stuff/toys I want so my goal is work/life balance. Whats going to suit you best?

Those are just the hours on paper. I worked 60-70 hrs/wk with this job before, but at that time I was making $65K, which was not worth it for me at all. It's a supervisor position in the aerospace manufacturing industry, where it's all about hitting the numbers, cranking out product as much and as fast as possible. GM's yelling every meeting, fear when division presidents came in, and just fear in general walking through the doors every day. I'm only considering this an option because of all that extra money being offered this time around.

I'm 25 years old right now.

I should also add that the $50K job is a government job working as an air quality inspector.
Oct 18 2019 04:16pm
Quote (Reset @ Oct 18 2019 03:04pm)
protip:

if you aren't getting paid for overtime then you don't do overtime

That would be great if I had an option. But when your GM schedules a daily meeting at 7AM, then you better come in by 6AM so you are updated on the night shift's numbers that you need for the meeting. And you better stay til at least 6-7PM to make sure your 2nd shift employees know the game plan and are good to go before you leave, or you will get calls during the middle of the night.
Gold: 3,621.69
Oct 18 2019 04:21pm
Quote (Underneath @ 19 Oct 2019 11:16)
That would be great if I had an option. But when your GM schedules a daily meeting at 7AM, then you better come in by 6AM so you are updated on the night shift's numbers that you need for the meeting. And you better stay til at least 6-7PM to make sure your 2nd shift employees know the game plan and are good to go before you leave, or you will get calls during the middle of the night.

lol

or how about making a system automatically generate reports based on the data gathered for the day - then you'll find the need for a meeting will disappear.

and delegate out to whoever is in charge of the other shift - it's their job to make their team do the work
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 18 2019 04:25pm
Always pick the chill government job, even 200k won't be enough for me personally if I'm working in fear and stress all the time. Also 100k/yr for 10hr/day + 6hrs on 1 Saturday with no OT is trash deal
Gold: 1.68
Warn: 60%
Oct 18 2019 06:39pm
Why would you want a chill job? Nobody grows as a person drifting thru life chill all the time. Take the high paying job, get great at it and it won't be overly stressful over time as you grow.
Oct 18 2019 06:44pm
Quote (Reset @ Oct 18 2019 03:21pm)
lol

or how about making a system automatically generate reports based on the data gathered for the day - then you'll find the need for a meeting will disappear.

and delegate out to whoever is in charge of the other shift - it's their job to make their team do the work

hahaha i wish it was that simple. how easy would it be if we were all able to just do our job without meetings right? naaa the meetings exist so the GM is there to strike fear into everyone and rip people a new one
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Oct 18 2019 07:16pm
Quote (Underneath @ 18 Oct 2019 18:12)
Those are just the hours on paper. I worked 60-70 hrs/wk with this job before, but at that time I was making $65K, which was not worth it for me at all. It's a supervisor position in the aerospace manufacturing industry, where it's all about hitting the numbers, cranking out product as much and as fast as possible. GM's yelling every meeting, fear when division presidents came in, and just fear in general walking through the doors every day. I'm only considering this an option because of all that extra money being offered this time around.

I'm 25 years old right now.

I should also add that the $50K job is a government job working as an air quality inspector.

Dude. This right here.

I did the whole stressful job, then go to another company for the same stressful job thing because of more pay You’ll burn out at that stressful job if the environment is what you explained within 30 days. Seriously - you’ll realize it’s the same bullshit and be so fucking miserable.

Take the government job. Government jobs are fucking cake you’ll get amazing benefits, can literally not give a fuck and do the minimum and get paid for it. Get a ton of OT and milk the clock. You can also be a dick to people and it not matter. Like literally rude like union worker rude and not have any repercussions.

Only downside is government shut down but who cares cuz it’s a vacation
Gold: 25.17
Oct 18 2019 07:20pm
You’re 25, you should be able to handle the stress to be able to make that much more, 100k all the way.
Gold: 4,537.00
Oct 18 2019 07:22pm
chill job, more time to spend in gc
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll