d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > 08 Cayman Questions
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 19 2019 08:01pm
Quote (xdone @ Oct 19 2019 06:55pm)
Vroom vroooomm skrt skrtttt

he should just spend that $20,000 on another car, perhaps forced induction such as a Turbo?

neeeeeeeoww pshhhhhhh
stustustu

LOL
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 20 2019 11:06pm
Hehe. just go pick up the base model 2020 Supra.
you'll be alot more happy :P
Gold: 26,262.00
Oct 20 2019 11:23pm
Quote (ZeaL0RDeaL @ Oct 21 2019 01:06am)
Hehe. just go pick up the base model 2020 Supra.
you'll be alot more happy :P

Base models in Canada are running 60k. At that price point I'd rather get into the new Vette

Shit or even a gently used 911

This post was edited by xrmd on Oct 20 2019 11:23pm
Banned
Oct 20 2019 11:39pm
Quote (xrmd @ Oct 20 2019 10:23pm)
Base models in Canada are running 60k. At that price point I'd rather get into the new Vette

Shit or even a gently used 911

haha, that sucks, over here (East Bay Area, San Francisco) they start at around 35-40k.
i think people are underestimating this supra, especially the fan boys that are dissapointed in a Z4 Zupra.
i personally think its going to blow up, there are already guys with simple bolt ons and retune, pushing 600WHP.
Z4 everything according to people, but Toyota got their hands on it, they beefed it up, forged block, everything, when these things are pushing 800WHP+ with ease, i think the fanboys will start flocking in.
most importantly, the looks, absolutely amazing, especially rear end, compared to the M240i Z4.

we'll see about the vet, its mid engine now yes, it looks a little diff. but lets see if it can keep up to its name, or if it will be a total debunk. wait for people to buy them, test them, and troubleshoot first.
These new car's always have problems they have to fix, especially the 1st gens. which im kinda waiting to see whats wrong with the new Supra too.

yeah 60-80k over here i believe u can get urself a 997 911 Turbo. which is a hell of a car also.
GL with ur search for a Cayman, a lot of choices out there though for your budget. (sport car wise)
Oct 20 2019 11:43pm
Quote (ZeaL0RDeaL @ Oct 21 2019 01:39am)
haha, that sucks, over here (East Bay Area, San Francisco) they start at around 35-40k.
i think people are underestimating this supra, especially the fan boys that are dissapointed in a Z4 Zupra.
i personally think its going to blow up, there are already guys with simple bolt ons and retune, pushing 600WHP.
Z4 everything according to people, but Toyota got their hands on it, they beefed it up, forged block, everything, when these things are pushing 800WHP+ with ease, i think the fanboys will start flocking in.
most importantly, the looks, absolutely amazing, especially rear end, compared to the M240i Z4.

we'll see about the vet, its mid engine now yes, it looks a little diff. but lets see if it can keep up to its name, or if it will be a total debunk. wait for people to buy them, test them, and troubleshoot first.
These new car's always have problems they have to fix, especially the 1st gens. which im kinda waiting to see whats wrong with the new Supra too.

yeah 60-80k over here i believe u can get urself a 997 911 Turbo. which is a hell of a car also.
GL with ur search for a Cayman, a lot of choices out there though for your budget. (sport car wise)

I went to my local Mazda dealership since I've owned a Mazda 3 and CX-5 previously, and they had a limited edition MX-5 I was tempted to consider.

The budget is killing me, my options are too vast and I can't seem to narrow it down to a specific make/model. I'm a Porsche dreamer at heart, but a loyal Mazda driver as they've done me well for 10 years.
Banned
Oct 20 2019 11:53pm
Quote (xrmd @ Oct 20 2019 10:43pm)
I went to my local Mazda dealership since I've owned a Mazda 3 and CX-5 previously, and they had a limited edition MX-5 I was tempted to consider.

The budget is killing me, my options are too vast and I can't seem to narrow it down to a specific make/model. I'm a Porsche dreamer at heart, but a loyal Mazda driver as they've done me well for 10 years.

well im sure there are cars that can compare to a Mazda, or a Porsche.
Mainly the next question is, what do you expect out of this car.
you want to build a race car, or you just want a stock car thats already fast to daily and have fun, or you want to lightly build this car for daily/everyday fun.
from there you can choose your manufacturers to dumb it down, your top 3, for me it would be Nissan, Infiniti, Honda, for you it'd be Porsche, Mazda, XXXX.
then you choose your favorite submodel, and year. from there its just pricing and what you have available to buy around you, or as far as you want to travel for a vehicle, and of course to come to a conclusion.
what is practical, in terms of every day driving, the climate/weather im in, comfortability, performance, maintenance, price of parts, etc and i would go above and beyond and do research on aftermaket modifications, because i like to do so, i would probably never leave a Sport Car/Mid/Top Tier car completely stock for long.
Oct 21 2019 05:33pm
Quote (ZeaL0RDeaL @ Oct 21 2019 01:53am)
well im sure there are cars that can compare to a Mazda, or a Porsche.
Mainly the next question is, what do you expect out of this car.
you want to build a race car, or you just want a stock car thats already fast to daily and have fun, or you want to lightly build this car for daily/everyday fun.
from there you can choose your manufacturers to dumb it down, your top 3, for me it would be Nissan, Infiniti, Honda, for you it'd be Porsche, Mazda, XXXX.
then you choose your favorite submodel, and year. from there its just pricing and what you have available to buy around you, or as far as you want to travel for a vehicle, and of course to come to a conclusion.
what is practical, in terms of every day driving, the climate/weather im in, comfortability, performance, maintenance, price of parts, etc and i would go above and beyond and do research on aftermaket modifications, because i like to do so, i would probably never leave a Sport Car/Mid/Top Tier car completely stock for long.

That's sort of why I want to go with an 08 Cayman. I've read it's very reliable for a daily driver, and I plan on driving it in Canadian winters. I think the Mx5 would struggle a bit with heavy snowfall.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 2 2019 01:13am
Quote (xrmd @ Oct 21 2019 05:33pm)
That's sort of why I want to go with an 08 Cayman. I've read it's very reliable for a daily driver, and I plan on driving it in Canadian winters. I think the Mx5 would struggle a bit with heavy snowfall.

Both will terrible in the winter, I wouldn't have any delusions about that.

I would buy a new MX-5, but it won't be as fast you want it to be. Definitely cheaper to maintain and own, more fun in the turns and light on the wallet as well.
Gold: 255.11
Nov 2 2019 04:35pm
Porsche> anything mazda ever built rofl what kind of questionning is that
Gold: 0.00
Nov 2 2019 11:58pm
buy something interesting or fun. can scoop a classic car for the same price. completely restored probably.

cayman are ugly af from the back
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll