d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > Removal Of Name-holder Accounts
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2019 11:04pm
Let me start by acknowledging my awareness of Jsp's strict policy to never delete accounts. I understand that what I'm requesting is a long-shot, probably an impossibility, but I wanted to try.

I believe it would be greatly beneficial for Jsp, if all accounts created for the sole purpose of holding sought after names, were permanently deleted and allowed for re-circulation in the Jsp community. There are dozens, if not hundreds or thousands of accounts created in 2003-2004 that have never been posted on, nor have they ever made a legitimate transaction on Jsp. I know Jsp feels it would be unfair for a user to return and for their account to be gone/disabled without a justified reason, but accounts such as this, ones who were created by people who never intended to use them, could plausibly be removed for the good of the community. These new names would without a doubt be purchased via name changes, I know I'd use one immediately, and then traded throughout the site (if this is allowed, I don't recall if it is or not), thus increasing both FG revenue for the site and transactions between users.

As an added level of fairness, emails could even be sent by senior moderators (or whoever is allowed access) to the registered emails of each account, giving them a year or even multiple years to claim their account before it's permanently deleted. It's possible someone out there checks the one-time emails used to register these accounts and maybe the process would die there, but at least we would have tried freeing up loads of highly sought after names for the long-time and active members of this community.

If there's some reason having to do with site functionality or security that requires accounts to not be deleted, I can completely understand, but if not, I am curious as to why there is such an opposition to cleaning out unnecessary accounts.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Gold: 0.01
Oct 16 2019 11:13pm
Or possibly what runescape did after a long time of no use. Your name is switched to something like #2hfjf893nxj and the old name is up for claim.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2019 11:25pm
accounts aren't deleted for any reason.
Gold: 0.01
Oct 16 2019 11:34pm
Quote (bvanharjr @ Oct 17 2019 01:25am)

Thank god you posted the straight not answering the question bs a mod will post at some point.

Pat yourself on the back.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 17 2019 01:12am
Quote (Ruthless187g @ Oct 16 2019 10:13pm)
Or possibly what runescape did after a long time of no use. Your name is switched to something like #2hfjf893nxj and the old name is up for claim.

That would be good too.

Quote (bvanharjr @ Oct 16 2019 10:25pm)

Wow, thanks for stating what I've already said in my post, gee willikers that's helpful. I get it, but I'm hoping for maybe an explanation on why that is, or at least some reasoning on why accounts that no one has ever used can't be changed or removed. I fully agree and understand why inactive accounts of legitimate users shouldn't be removed, but if you've NEVER posted here, what's the issue?

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 17 2019 01:21am
Trade Moderator
Gold: 40,156.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 17 2019 03:11am
As stated by you in your original post. Accounts will not be deleted.
Suggestions such as this has been posted multiple times in the past and the same answer has been given then as I will give now.

I'm sorry if this answer isn't what you are looking for but these rules are set by our Admins and unless they feel like an update is needed (in which they will make an announcement should anything change) this wont happen.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll