d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Ussr Is Called Russia Now
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,534.02
Oct 17 2019 08:34am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 17 2019 09:31am)
yeah the strong economy under Trump has been a pleasant surprise. im not sure it would have been a collapse under HRC with her ties to wallstreet, but certainly could have been worse.

Trump is making a strong case against himself, but i have a hard time seeing an incumbent losing when the economy is churning and unemployment being where it is.

We also have a gaggle of terrible candidates running against him.
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 17 2019 08:36am
Quote (djman72 @ Oct 17 2019 09:34am)
Trump is making a strong case against himself, but i have a hard time seeing an incumbent losing when the economy is churning and unemployment being where it is.

his approval rating seems to indicate the scandals are outweighing the economy. but, approval ratings aren't matchups. he can be at 40% approval but against Warren who has like 25% approval of her platform and it's over. and approval coming into the debates means nothing since that's where Trump always gets bump.
Oct 17 2019 08:39am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 17 2019 09:36am)
his approval rating seems to indicate the scandals are outweighing the economy. but, approval ratings aren't matchups. he can be at 40% approval but against Warren who has like 25% approval of her platform and it's over. and approval coming into the debates means nothing since that's where Trump always gets bump.

Very few dems would match up well vs him in debates. Honestly, the two strongest agaisnt him (IMO OFC) would be Yang and Butiggeg. Those two would win the debates, IMO.

Biden, Warren, Sanders, and the rest wouldn't do much. Maybe Tulsi - but she'll never get there. Neither will Mayor Pete and YangGang.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 17 2019 08:41am
Quote (thesnipa @ 17 Oct 2019 10:20)
The only way i see that as possible is if you think Hillary would have us in a full scale war right now. her platform was status quo, and most of the issues in the Obama presidency came from civil unrest tied to police brutality.

i think if hillary won she would have lost both houses in 2018 just like Obummer and would be a lame duck, but without the daily scandals and high turnover in the regime.

we wouldn’t have had three years of millions of math and election-deniers providing examples of what not to be

Quote (thesnipa @ 17 Oct 2019 10:31)
yeah the strong economy under Trump has been a pleasant surprise. im not sure it would have been a collapse under HRC with her ties to wallstreet, but certainly could have been worse.

Quote (djman72 @ 17 Oct 2019 10:34)

i’d say the initial spike wouldn’t have happened under HRC but the swings from the past year+ don’t happen either with his rants. maybe we’d be in the same spot stock market wise. a slowing of growth is okay after near zero-rates being gradually eased up.

that said Trump can finally stfu ranting about stock market and rates stuff when he gets into campaign mode. djia hits 30k then that’s a hard thing to argue against
Oct 17 2019 08:43am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 17 2019 09:41am)
we wouldn’t have had three years of millions of math and election-deniers providing examples of what not to be

i’d say the initial spike wouldn’t have happened under HRC but the swings from the past year+ don’t happen either with his rants. maybe we’d be in the same spot stock market wise. a slowing of growth is okay after near zero-rates being gradually eased up.

that said Trump can finally stfu ranting about stock market and rates stuff when he gets into campaign mode. djia hits 30k then that’s a hard thing to argue against

Exactly my thought. Add in the shitpile of dem options to dethrone him i think we get 4 more years of the orange one.

We'll see, though. We're starting to get to that poin.
Oct 17 2019 08:45am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 17 2019 09:41am)

good thing Yang is immune to math deniers. he's got more pins than Hulk Hogan.
Oct 17 2019 08:52am
Quote (djman72 @ 17 Oct 2019 10:43)
Exactly my thought. Add in the shitpile of dem options to dethrone him i think we get 4 more years of the orange one.

We'll see, though. We're starting to get to that poin.

Warren is (imo) right now, the only one with the right blend of name recognition/experience/messaging (beyond not admitting shes gonna tax the crap out of everyone) to steer the course and go against Trump.
other than Yang and Tulsi of course..but (D)s don't like minorities that don't act 'the way they are expected to' *LAUGH OUT LOUD*

Pete is too green although he speaks well, Biden lol..he's better off running for 'President of the Mongol Empire' since it stretched from Ukraine to China. Sanders you had your shot. O'Rourke/Harris/whoever else not ready yet, not inspiring, boring etc.

Quote (thesnipa @ 17 Oct 2019 10:45)
good thing Yang is immune to math deniers. he's got more pins than Hulk Hogan.

Yang would be a shoo-in for me in 2024 if he keeps up the momentum. like start doing advocacy and awareness and keep his momentum going. oh and run as an (R)..by then he will be considered a full-on reich-winger because he cares about jobs and the american consumer rather than whatever flavor-of-the-month lefty outrage is.
that said he'd have to fight back against the for-sure deck-stacking against him if he keeps creeping up during this primary. might burn a lot of his goodwill amongst supporters if he doesn't (see Barnie Sanders)
Oct 17 2019 08:57am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 17 2019 09:52am)
Warren is (imo) right now, the only one with the right blend of name recognition/experience/messaging (beyond not admitting shes gonna tax the crap out of everyone) to steer the course and go against Trump.
other than Yang and Tulsi of course..but (D)s don't like minorities that don't act 'the way they are expected to' *LAUGH OUT LOUD*

Pete is too green although he speaks well, Biden lol..he's better off running for 'President of the Mongol Empire' since it stretched from Ukraine to China. Sanders you had your shot. O'Rourke/Harris/whoever else not ready yet, not inspiring, boring etc.

Yang would be a shoo-in for me in 2024 if he keeps up the momentum. like start doing advocacy and awareness and keep his momentum going. oh and run as an (R)..by then he will be considered a full-on reich-winger because he cares about jobs and the american consumer rather than whatever flavor-of-the-month lefty outrage is.
that said he'd have to fight back against the for-sure deck-stacking against him if he keeps creeping up during this primary. might burn a lot of his goodwill amongst supporters if he doesn't (see Barnie Sanders)

being a non-politician it would be cool af to see him do a 4 year tour between 2020 and 2024. work in communities, lobby against people, etc. then come into 2024 with a big head start on the Warrens of the world who spent 4 years proposing DOA bills.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 17 2019 11:10am
Quote (djman72 @ 17 Oct 2019 15:19)
Not gunna lie - still think this shitshow is better than what we'd have under Hillary.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but it is what it is.

when the best you have to defend his behaviour is an imaginary horror scenario, based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, you should know that your opinion is 'unpopular' because it's based on fiction.

Quote (thesnipa @ 17 Oct 2019 15:16)
would Fender get extra points for arguing a single word from each question and turning multiple choice into a performance based essay?

rent free... i'm sure plague will be here any minute to lecture you about unprovoked personal attacks and your toxic butthurt...
Oct 17 2019 11:15am
Quote (fender @ 17 Oct 2019 13:10)
when the best you have to defend his behaviour is an imaginary horror scenario, based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, you should know that your opinion is 'unpopular' because it's based on fiction.

rent free... i'm sure plague will be here any minute to lecture you about unprovoked personal attacks and your toxic butthurt...

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll