d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > The Official Philadelphia 76ers Discussion Thread > The Future 2019-20 Nba Champions
Prev18889909192136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 29 2020 09:59am
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 10:54am)
Nah, I'm saying the fit just isn't right for either teams. Myers also would not trade Klay away. I don't know how Curry would take that, even if he cannot veto the trade personally.

It's not about who's more valuable, it's who fits better. Klay/Curry is a championship back court, I don't know how Simmons would react playing alongside Curry. He seems like he has sort of an ego problem.

Eh, that's debatable. People need to stop comparing Giannis to Simmons, (reddit loves doing this) they are both different players, and Giannis is MVP caliber HoF talent. Simmons can get there, but he really needs to take and learn how to make shots.

Simmons demonstrates refusal to do so, I mean there really isn't any way to deny that. He outright refuses to shoot on a team that desperately needs him to shoot, even from 10ft would be a great help but he cares more about his stats

Embiid has greater overall impact but the problem with him is he is too lazy to put in the work necessary to be properly conditioned

tough choices ahead for the FO, first obvious thing to do is move on from Brown but if both Simmons and Embiid refuse to do the things necessary to become better, then that team is doomed without shaking things up
Jun 29 2020 10:01am
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 10:57am)
Because he's a better shooter that plays off-ball, whereas Harris generally tries to create his own shots?

Harris has never been able to create his own shots so this isn't some surprise. Brand is just a bad GM
Gold: 73.65
Jun 29 2020 10:01am
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 29 2020 11:59am)
Simmons demonstrates refusal to do so, I mean there really isn't any way to deny that. He outright refuses to shoot on a team that desperately needs him to shoot, even from 10ft would be a great help but he cares more about his stats

Embiid has greater overall impact but the problem with him is he is too lazy to put in the work necessary to be properly conditioned

tough choices ahead for the FO, first obvious thing to do is move on from Brown but if both Simmons and Embiid refuse to do the things necessary to become better, then that team is doomed without shaking things up

Yeah that's what I meant by ego problems. Simmons thinks he's too good to be shooting 3's to get a lower %, but it's like, you will never learn unless you take them ingame.

I think Brown is pretty much gone if they don't get to the ECF or Finals. We've been waiting on the Process for a while now.
Jun 29 2020 11:02am
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 11:27am)
Lol, what come on dude... That's an awful trade. Philly can certainly get better.

I know people don't like Simmons, but it's not like he sucks...

He's your prototypical modern big man that can play the 1, 4, and 5, although his experiment at the PG isn't a good idea.

3 seasons playing in the NBA, already a two-time All-Star at PG full time.

As a rookie he ran point guard full time for a top 5 offense and a 52 win team.

This season: Top 5 in assists per game, #2 in the NBA in passes per game, #3 in potential assists.

What exactly do you mean "experiment" lol. Dude has some of the best court vision and passing ability in the league.

Gold: 73.65
Jun 29 2020 11:37am
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 29 2020 01:02pm)
3 seasons playing in the NBA, already a two-time All-Star at PG full time.

As a rookie he ran point guard full time for a top 5 offense and a 52 win team.

This season: Top 5 in assists per game, #2 in the NBA in passes per game, #3 in potential assists.

What exactly do you mean "experiment" lol. Dude has some of the best court vision and passing ability in the league.

Listen, I consider him better off as a ball handing forward that is underutilized as a PG.

If you guys had the floor spacing + decent ball handling combo guard, it would do wonders for Simmons.

And that's probably one of the reasons why Brown will get fired.

Larry Brown has said many times that he shouldn't be playing PG.

Don't get me wrong, Simmons is an excellent playmaker, he's great pushing the pace on fastbreaks, but in a slower half court offense, he doesn't create from the perimeter and relies on nifty passing angles + give and go/hand offs. When he does make plays in the half court it's often from posting up, no different to what a good passing PF would do.

Giannis played PG in his 3rd year, and even Giannis, (the user) will probably agree that was not the best spot for him to be used in.

We’ve seen Giannis thrive at PF and small ball 5 and that really should be Simmons position. Draymond and Jokic can lead their teams in passing too.

Simmons at the 5, would be an absolute match up nightmare.

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jun 29 2020 11:53am
Jun 29 2020 12:11pm
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 29 2020 11:50am)
so you're saying that Klay is a top 20 player but not equivalent value for Simmons? then you must be thinking that Simmons is in clear top 10 territory. Sorry but Embiid is the more impactful player because he actually shoots.

Trying to build a team around Simmons with shooters would just be a weaker version of the Bucks, aka not winning a title.

Just because Klay is a top 20 player in the NBA doesn't mean he's 20th value-wise. There's a lot more than just who's a better player.

Simmons at his age right now is already around that tier and he's 7 years younger with two more ACLs....
Jun 29 2020 12:17pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 01:37pm)
Listen, I consider him better off as a ball handing forward that is underutilized as a PG.

If you guys had the floor spacing + decent ball handling combo guard, it would do wonders for Simmons.

Don't get me wrong, Simmons is an excellent playmaker, he's great pushing the pace on fastbreaks, but in a slower half court offense, he doesn't create from the perimeter and relies on nifty passing angles + give and go/hand offs. When he does make plays in the half court it's often from posting up, no different to what a good passing PF would do.

Giannis played PG in his 3rd year, and even Giannis, (the user) will probably agree that was not the best spot for him to be used in.

We’ve seen Giannis thrive at PF and small ball 5 and that really should be Simmons position. Draymond and Jokic can lead their teams in passing too.

Yes, team would be a lot better if we had a competent 2nd ball handler. It's similar how Lebron can play point forward full time but he also heavily benefits from playing somebody like Kyrie.

Good news is that Shake Miltongod is that guy. Championship here we come.

Ben Simmons at 5 is not sustainable. It works sometimes and looks terrible the other half of the time. He gets bodied by bigger centers and team's rebounding as a whole sucks ass with no rim protection. That's not really his fault though.

It only works against teams like the nets where they have a center that's mostly useless like Jarrett Allen.

This post was edited by Embiid on Jun 29 2020 12:19pm
Jun 29 2020 12:55pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 01:37pm)

Simmons playing "point guard" (it's positionless ball really) is a problem at all, he has the ball handling and passing/vision ability to be an elite playmaker as he has shown the ability to run a top 5 ranked offense in the past. I think the biggest issue is the players around him and finding the best fit, same with Giannis and same with LeBron you have to give those guys floor spacing to work while also having another guy that can create.

As we have seen, and as we saw this season, Simmons looked GREAT when Embiid was out. He thrived without Embiid over a large stretch of games, even shitting on LeBron and AD without Embiid:

(video starts at 0:15)

Ben has actually outdueled LeBron on a few occasions. In this case (their most recent matchup) Simmons not only dropped 28/10/8 in a W over the Lakers without Embiid, but he also defended LeBron in big stretches of the game (with much success while he was on him). Meanwhile, LeBron refuses to defend Simmons. Instead, Danny Green and Anthony Davis were on Simmons much of the game. The Fresh Prince is coming for the King's crown lol!!!!!

This post was edited by Sixers on Jun 29 2020 12:55pm
Jul 15 2020 12:03pm
Ben hitting 3's in practice now from the top of the arc

Drained it

It wouldn't be a 76ers "off-season" if there weren't Ben Simmons 3pt shooting hype videos to make Sixers fans go crazy rofl
Gold: 144.33
Jul 15 2020 04:48pm
RIP Allen Iverson about to be cancelled.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev18889909192136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll