d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > The Official Philadelphia 76ers Discussion Thread > The Future 2019-20 Nba Champions
Prev18788899091136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73.65
Jun 29 2020 09:27am
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 27 2020 07:58pm)
Actually I kinda like a Klay for Simmons straight up swap for the Warriors

Lol, what come on dude... That's an awful trade. Philly can certainly get better.

I know people don't like Simmons, but it's not like he sucks...

He's your prototypical modern big man that can play the 1, 4, and 5, although his experiment at the PG isn't a good idea.

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jun 29 2020 09:36am
Jun 29 2020 09:31am
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 29 2020 11:18am)
Great list of players right there too lol

I like Tobias, as do most Sixers fans. He's a great piece to this team and the Sixers paid market value for him so the contract isn't really a bother, even if early on this season things didn't seem to fit well. The fit has been a bit strange this year (especially when they tried to play him at the 3 and Horford/Embiid at the 4/5) but his true position is a stretch 4 as he can rebound well and he's really good shooter/scorer. Not to mention he's a great locker room guy and terrific locker room leader..

Plus, considering the dirt cheap long term contract they have Shake Milton on and the value they're getting out of him it sort of makes up for overpaying Horford. Although I believe Horford is in fact built for a playoff run, and i think we'll see his actual value in the postseason where he has a ton of experience.

RPM is a black-box stat, it's reliable sure, but it's very flawed at times especially if the roster surrounding said player is iffy.

I mean going by that list, Hayward beats Jaylen Brown in literally everything WS/VORP/PIPM/RPM.

But is he a better player? I think that's debatable.

Anyways, people need to stop crying about Tobias.

Are you guys paying his contract? (Technically, you are.) But there have been FAR FAR worse players than him getting paid the max or being overpaid. I mean shit Pistons finally just finished paying off Josh Smith's contract this year.

Harris is fine as a 3rd option. There's nothing wrong with what he can do. He's just overpaid, oh well. 76ers needed to pay someone before they go over the cap anyways.

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jun 29 2020 09:37am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 29 2020 09:39am
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 10:31am)
RPM is a black-box stat, it's reliable sure, but it's very flawed at times especially if the roster surrounding said player is iffy.

I mean going by that list, Hayward beats Jaylen Brown in literally everything WS/VORP/PIPM/RPM.

But is he a better player? I think that's debatable.

Anyways, people need to stop crying about Tobias.

Are you guys paying his contract? (Technically, you are.) But there have been FAR FAR worse players than him getting paid the max or being overpaid. I mean shit Pistons finally just finished paying off Josh Smith's contract this year.

Harris is fine as a 3rd option. There's nothing wrong with what he can do. He's just overpaid, oh well. 76ers needed to pay someone before they go over the cap anyways.

Harris shoots 35.6% from mid-range, which is one of the least efficient volume mid-range shooters in the NBA. 9th worst of anyone that shot more than 100 mid range shots

The 76ers hoped that he could play the 3 but he can't, he gets destroyed on defense and then can't space the floor....

Richardson is by far the better 3rd option. Harris is the 4th option and still sucks

This post was edited by Giannis on Jun 29 2020 09:40am
Jun 29 2020 09:41am
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 10:27am)
Lol, what come on dude... That's an awful trade. Philly can certainly get better.

I know people don't like Simmons, but it's not like he sucks...

He's your prototypical modern big man that can play the 1, 4, and 5, although his experiment at the PG isn't a good idea.

you're undervaluing Klay then. you do realize 3 point shooting is extremely valuable, not to mention Klay is also an elite mid range shooter, perimeter defender, and on ball defender
Jun 29 2020 09:48am
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 29 2020 11:41am)
you're undervaluing Klay then. you do realize 3 point shooting is extremely valuable, not to mention Klay is also an elite mid range shooter, perimeter defender, and on ball defender

Not undervaluing Klay, he's a top 20 player, and is the 3rd best SG behind Harden/Luka. People have argued that Beal is better, but you can plug Klay in any system, and that's easy money.

But 76ers are going to still need someone to create, handle, and score for them. Klay while one of the best 3 & D, doesn't really provide that. He would be perfect for the 76ers if they had a decent playmaking PG.

I also don't see Golden State Warriors trading Klay after he's coming off the injury + the fact that him and Curry have been apart of that team since day one.

You don't break up a championship backcourt, even if Simmons can help provide the defense, rebounding, playmaking, and intangibles.
Jun 29 2020 09:50am
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 10:48am)
Not undervaluing Klay, he's a top 20 player, and is the 3rd best SG behind Harden/Luka. People have argued that Beal is better, but you can plug Klay in any system, and that's easy money.

But 76ers are going to still need someone to create, handle, and score for them. Klay while one of the best 3 & D, doesn't really provide that. He would be perfect for the 76ers if they had a decent playmaking PG.

I also don't see Golden State Warriors trading Klay after he's coming off the injury + the fact that him and Curry have been apart of that team since day one.

You don't break up a championship backcourt, even if Simmons can help provide the defense, rebounding, playmaking, and intangibles.

so you're saying that Klay is a top 20 player but not equivalent value for Simmons? then you must be thinking that Simmons is in clear top 10 territory. Sorry but Embiid is the more impactful player because he actually shoots.

Trying to build a team around Simmons with shooters would just be a weaker version of the Bucks, aka not winning a title.
Jun 29 2020 09:51am
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 29 2020 11:39am)
Harris shoots 35.6% from mid-range, which is one of the least efficient volume mid-range shooters in the NBA. 9th worst of anyone that shot more than 100 mid range shots

The 76ers hoped that he could play the 3 but he can't, he gets destroyed on defense and then can't space the floor....

Richardson is by far the better 3rd option. Harris is the 4th option and still sucks

I would say that is in due to a lack of spacing.

Harris has ALWAYS been fucking slow. Even during his Orlando days, I remember seeing how sluggish this guy was.

The problem is there's too many 4's. Harris is best served at the 4, but hes in a do or damned situation. If he plays the 3, he's getting smoked on offense. If he plays the 4, he's a decent rebounder, but he doesn't seem to box out that well, nor play enough solid defense against faster/quicker 4's.

That being said, the 76ers are stuck with Harris/Horford.

There's no point in crying over spilled max contracts.
Jun 29 2020 09:53am
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jun 29 2020 10:51am)
I would say that is in due to a lack of spacing.

Harris has ALWAYS been fucking slow. Even during his Orlando days, I remember seeing how sluggish this guy was.

The problem is there's too many 4's. Harris is best served at the 4, but hes in a do or damned situation. If he plays the 3, he's getting smoked on offense. If he plays the 4, he's a decent rebounder, but he doesn't seem to box out that well, nor play enough solid defense against faster/quicker 4's.

That being said, the 76ers are stuck with Harris/Horford.

There's no point in crying over spilled max contracts.

If that's the case, why is Richardson one of the elite mid range shooters in the league simultaneously?
Jun 29 2020 09:54am
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 29 2020 11:50am)
so you're saying that Klay is a top 20 player but not equivalent value for Simmons? then you must be thinking that Simmons is in clear top 10 territory. Sorry but Embiid is the more impactful player because he actually shoots.

Trying to build a team around Simmons with shooters would just be a weaker version of the Bucks, aka not winning a title.

Nah, I'm saying the fit just isn't right for either teams. Myers also would not trade Klay away. I don't know how Curry would take that, even if he cannot veto the trade personally.

It's not about who's more valuable, it's who fits better. Klay/Curry is a championship back court, I don't know how Simmons would react playing alongside Curry. He seems like he has sort of an ego problem.

Eh, that's debatable. People need to stop comparing Giannis to Simmons, (reddit loves doing this) they are both different players, and Giannis is MVP caliber HoF talent. Simmons can get there, but he really needs to take and learn how to make shots.

Jun 29 2020 09:57am
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 29 2020 11:53am)
If that's the case, why is Richardson one of the elite mid range shooters in the league simultaneously?

Because he's a better shooter that plays off-ball, whereas Harris generally tries to create his own shots? I don't know, I'll bite, what do you think the answer is?

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Jun 29 2020 09:59am
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev18788899091136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll