d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows >
Poll > Who Played The Best Joker?
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 25,527.83
Oct 14 2019 06:33pm
Who do you guys think played the best Joker in each of their respective films?
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 14 2019 06:50pm
This is such an absurd question to ask. Each Joker is so drastically different and wouldn't fit in any of the other Joker's roles. That's what you don't seem to understand, the Joker doesn't have an origin so he can be whatever is needed for the story.
Oct 14 2019 06:52pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 14 2019 08:50pm)
This is such an absurd question to ask. Each Joker is so drastically different and wouldn't fit in any of the other Joker's roles. That's what you don't seem to understand, the Joker doesn't have an origin so he can be whatever is needed for the story.

Who said anything about an origin? I just asked who played the best joker? This question is controversial and many people are asking it after The Joker (2019).
Oct 14 2019 06:57pm
Quote (Massous24 @ Oct 14 2019 06:52pm)
Who said anything about an origin? I just asked who played the best joker? This question is controversial and many people are asking it after The Joker (2019).

You are actually so narrow minded.

Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 14 2019 06:50pm)
Each Joker is so drastically different and wouldn't fit in any of the other Joker's roles.

Like did you completely ignore my post or just block out the things you didn't want to deal with?
Oct 14 2019 07:02pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 14 2019 08:57pm)
You are actually so narrow minded.

Like did you completely ignore my post or just block out the things you didn't want to deal with?

Deal with what? I get they each played different joker roles but acting is acting. Again, its all over the internet, radio shows, forums - people speak and give their opinion on who played the best Joker?
Is this the first time you are hearing or seeing this question? You can always use Google to search and see what people think about the difference in acting- the way they laughed- makeup- the little details.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 14 2019 08:43pm
Poll should have been slightly rephrased and included Hamil. It's insane to talk about Joker performances and not mention his.

As Blah said, they're so drastically different, that it's more of an apples to oranges question, but my personal preference would be

Ledger > Phoenix > Hamil > Nicholson > Romero and then Leto.

If I'm being honest with myself, I'm far too young to appreciate Romero's performance, it's too campy/cheesy for me to enjoy as an adult and I never watched it as a kid. Nicholson's performance was better, but it still heavily borrowed from Romero, just went with a darker tune more in line with the 90s. The three best performances, Hamil, Phoenix and Ledger are all too different and brilliant to really neg on from one to the next. Leto is a joke and should let his version of the Joker die.
Oct 14 2019 08:48pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 14 2019 10:43pm)
Poll should have been slightly rephrased and included Hamil. It's insane to talk about Joker performances and not mention his.

As Blah said, they're so drastically different, that it's more of an apples to oranges question, but my personal preference would be

If I'm being honest with myself, I'm far too young to appreciate Romero's performance, it's too campy/cheesy for me to enjoy as an adult and I never watched it as a kid. Nicholson's performance was better, but it still heavily borrowed from Romero, just went with a darker tune more in line with the 90s. The three best performances, Hamil, Phoenix and Ledger are all too different and brilliant to really neg on from one to the next. Leto is a joke and should let his version of the Joker die.

Agreed 100%. I didn’t include Hamill because it’s animated- even though I believe he had the best voice/ laugh of my interpretation of the joker.

Gold: 39,837.69
Oct 14 2019 08:57pm
Who cares
Oct 14 2019 09:02pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 14 2019 08:43pm)

I think Phoenix's Joker is the only one we've seen that could carry an entire movie like he did.

Ledgers Joker doesn't have enough substance. He did the roll amazingly, it was phenomenal, but the character was less of a character and more of a symbol.

Hamil has a very well known and distinctive laugh, but it would never work outside of a cartoon.

I'm personally torn between Ledger and Phoenix. I'd really hate to say someone outdid Ledger, it would feel almost disrespectful in a way.

I think Pheonix has the best laugh because it's real but still extremely unnerving and creepy. Like the scenes, where he just goes off and everyone gets extremely uncomfortable is something that could totally happen and be unnerving af. Ledgers laugh is also really creepy. Like you hear that shit coming from a dark alley and you turn and run. The true chaos Ledger brings as Joker is amazing .

I don't think it's fair to say Pheonix is lesser, but it isn't fair to call him better either. I honestly think he deserves an Oscar for the role.

His performance drastically effected me on an emotional level.

I personally don't like, and have never liked, Nicholson's Joker, and haven't seen enough of Romero's to speak on it.

Like I said, absurd to compare them as they are essentially different roles despite sharing the name.
Gold: 2.66
Oct 14 2019 09:55pm
I like Heath Ledger’s joker the most because it was the most entertaining. He was dark, twisted, indifferent, and violent. The writing is just superb for that version. But Joaquin’s joker is a very close second. Also very well acted and written. I believe all the actors did a great job at selling the character. I didn’t like Jared Leto’s joker. A queer gangster version of the character isn’t my cup of tea. But that does not mean Leto is bad a actor. I think he is pretty good.

This post was edited by Malignanttumor666 on Oct 14 2019 09:55pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll