d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Another Innocent Citizen Killed By Police > Shot In Her Own Home
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 20 2019 02:11am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 20 2019 12:41am)
You have so little to bring to the table that you just gave a "what if" scenario that would have been solved by my suggestion of what the cop should have done.

If you come up with anything of consequence post it, but for now you're relegated to "but what if the house was full of gang-bangers!"

No matter what you say, you weren't there so I win!

I don't kno how you got this much patience man, kudos to you.
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 20 2019 10:33pm

You're all judging a situation on one crappy video. You have no information about anything else.
This is a common occurrence with police incidents. Out of all that have been posted probably 25% of the police officers got convicted, but there were 100% convictions on PaRD.

Yawn.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 20 2019 11:46pm
Quote (Ghot @ 21 Oct 2019 06:33)
You're all judging a situation on one crappy video. You have no information about anything else.
This is a common occurrence with police incidents. Out of all that have been posted probably 25% of the police officers got convicted, but there were 100% convictions on PaRD.

Yawn.

without any context (in regards to the situation and your own history on pard) that sounds rather reasonable, but the whole 'we have to know more before we can judge' shtick, is the same old excuse you always resort to in order to rationalise blatant misconduct by cops.

as a matter of fact, we know quite a lot - definitely enough for a reasonable evaluation of the situation: we know why police was called in the first place, and by who. we know which decisions the cop made upon arrival, that he did not identify himself, and snuck around the property with a drawn weapon in the middle of the night - and i said it before: he was NOT there to bust a drug lab, but to check on a neighbour who had their light on unusually late. all of that matters.

so without any made up shit that simply doesn't apply to this specific situation: what could possibly justify his actions, that lead to the death of a young woman, in your personal opinion? what could we still not know that made it justifiable how she was killed? having had an abortion? voted democrat? smoked pot in college?

This post was edited by fender on Oct 20 2019 11:48pm
Oct 21 2019 04:24am
Quote (fender @ Oct 21 2019 01:46am)
without any context (in regards to the situation and your own history on pard) that sounds rather reasonable, but the whole 'we have to know more before we can judge' shtick, is the same old excuse you always resort to in order to rationalise blatant misconduct by cops.

as a matter of fact, we know quite a lot - definitely enough for a reasonable evaluation of the situation: we know why police was called in the first place, and by who. we know which decisions the cop made upon arrival, that he did not identify himself, and snuck around the property with a drawn weapon in the middle of the night - and i said it before: he was NOT there to bust a drug lab, but to check on a neighbour who had their light on unusually late. all of that matters.

so without any made up shit that simply doesn't apply to this specific situation: what could possibly justify his actions, that lead to the death of a young woman, in your personal opinion? what could we still not know that made it justifiable how she was killed? having had an abortion? voted democrat? smoked pot in college?

Close but no cigar. The cop was told the homeowner's doors were NEVER open, but they were standing open at 2:30am. AND there was NO lights on in the house as we could see in the video...hence the officer's use of the flashlight.
Further, I typed all this before, in THIS topic.

THIS is exactly what I was referring to in post #102. Also, in the US the police officer, like everyone else is innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 21 2019 05:16am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 20 2019 11:33pm)

Yawn.

Qualified immunity is a thing. So is "I feared for my life," even if only cops get to do that.
Gold: 40.64
Oct 21 2019 05:57am
I read a thought provoking article written by former NYC detective David Chianese who is standing up for Aaron Dean. In the article he claims the 8 year old inside the home said Atatiana Jefferson took a gun out of her purse and was pointing it at the window. If that's really what happened it complicates matters. That being said the guy who wrote this article sounds like a jerk- he blames the public for not knowing "what and who we are as police officers" and later in the article says their job is "protecting your ass".

You guys might want to read this:
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/retired-detective-new-details-might-be-too-little-too-late-for-fort-worth-cop/
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 21 2019 06:00am
U.S cops should use automatic weapons
Oct 21 2019 06:21am
Quote (NatureNames @ Oct 21 2019 07:57am)
I read a thought provoking article written by former NYC detective David Chianese who is standing up for Aaron Dean. In the article he claims the 8 year old inside the home said Atatiana Jefferson took a gun out of her purse and was pointing it at the window. If that's really what happened it complicates matters. That being said the guy who wrote this article sounds like a jerk- he blames the public for not knowing "what and who we are as police officers" and later in the article says their job is "protecting your ass".

You guys might want to read this:
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/retired-detective-new-details-might-be-too-little-too-late-for-fort-worth-cop/

Nice find, Nature. :)

To all the other experts here...

Wow. That almost sounds like I wrote it. Oh wait...I did. Post #91 and before.

This post was edited by Ghot on Oct 21 2019 06:25am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll