d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Maintaining Muscle Mass While Losing 15lbs > Help
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 14 2019 06:13am
Quote (hoipolloi @ Oct 13 2019 07:18am)
never understood this problem, work out hard eat enough protein, it's not like your muslces are going to waste away

full disclosure im 150 lbs proly 8% bf so I don't have much muscle to lose, but I can proly do 30 pullups, strongest person at my work , etc

It really does when you're going on a fast cut. You just want to minimize muscle loss.
Everyone keeps saying muscle gain + fast weight loss is something that just does not happen.
And the thing is i have two weddings to go too and one of them...i'll be the best man. I usually do not care but these pictures will stick for a lifetime. hahaha
Gold: 1.26
Warn: 30%
Oct 14 2019 06:16am
lots of protein + high calorie deficit

lift weights, dont worry about cardio if you're worried about muscle retention
Oct 14 2019 06:17am
Quote (Textb00k @ Oct 14 2019 03:16am)
lots of protein + high calorie deficit

lift weights, dont worry about cardio if you're worried about muscle retention

And cardio is my main workout for fat burning in terms of losing weight.
Fuck. lol.

This post was edited by Crankyjimster on Oct 14 2019 06:18am
Gold: 1.26
Warn: 30%
Oct 14 2019 06:23am
Quote (Crankyjimster @ Oct 14 2019 08:17am)
And cardio is my main workout for fat burning in terms of losing weight.
Fuck. lol.

if all you do is cardio to lose weight, then you're going to lose a ton of muscle if you aren't lifting weights too

too much of a calorie deficit + cardio = extreme fat+muscle loss

You can still do cardio if your calories allow for it, but you need to calculate in the number of calories you're burning too.

Example: TDEE is 3000 kcal, you eat 2000 calories + burn 500 w/ cardio, then that's a 1500kcal deficit (way too much but makes sense for drastic rapid weight loss)

Or no cardio = 1000kcal deficit and you are more likely to maintain muscle - as long as you are getting the minimum protein with your calories.

if you're not getting enough protein then you'll definitely lose muscle

bottom line is you'll lose muscle in a deficit/cut

minimize muscle loss by getting enough protein + lifting heavy weights
Oct 14 2019 06:36am
Quote (Textb00k @ Oct 14 2019 03:23am)
if all you do is cardio to lose weight, then you're going to lose a ton of muscle if you aren't lifting weights too

too much of a calorie deficit + cardio = extreme fat+muscle loss

You can still do cardio if your calories allow for it, but you need to calculate in the number of calories you're burning too.

Example: TDEE is 3000 kcal, you eat 2000 calories + burn 500 w/ cardio, then that's a 1500kcal deficit (way too much but makes sense for drastic rapid weight loss)

Or no cardio = 1000kcal deficit and you are more likely to maintain muscle - as long as you are getting the minimum protein with your calories.

if you're not getting enough protein then you'll definitely lose muscle

bottom line is you'll lose muscle in a deficit/cut

minimize muscle loss by getting enough protein + lifting heavy weights

Yeah, sounds about right.
So my plan is to just full body heavy weights twice a week. Then eat a fk load of protein and only reduce my sugars/carbs. Maybe even go full meat + leafy greens ONLY.
Then risk it all by running and hiking about 20-25 hours a week. There is no way to control the amount i eat. When i need to eat. I will eat. So i have to throw in cardio. It sucks. Idk how people lose weight by eating less. I just workout more and eat the same amount or eat more tbh.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll