d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Chamberlain > Hc P8 Poisoner
Prev1111213141517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 141.01
Oct 16 2019 07:08am
maybe andy will drop rattlecage for merc for some CB. That'd pick up runs quite a bit.
Idk much about Andy but if her psn res is so high, maybe just try to beef up merc and us decrep to keep him alive/help his damage and then just spam novas w/o LR?

Another idea is to press on to more mob-farmable areas. Rereading other nec wts, it seems hard to farm bosses until merc has solid CB. Could work your way to A5 for pindle, eld, shenk or even WSK.
or just pull a ixwichs and run straight to hell pits
Gold: 225,299.00
Oct 16 2019 07:10am
Quote (Fyla @ Oct 16 2019 05:51am)
40 runs isn't intensive at all, especially on P1. 400 would sound much better :D. Just force urself to grind more :thumbsup:

This. Grind moar
Gold: 225,299.00
Oct 16 2019 07:11am
Quote (Tkamp @ Oct 16 2019 09:08am)
maybe andy will drop rattlecage for merc for some CB. That'd pick up runs quite a bit.
Idk much about Andy but if her psn res is so high, maybe just try to beef up merc and us decrep to keep him alive/help his damage and then just spam novas w/o LR?

Another idea is to press on to more mob-farmable areas. Rereading other nec wts, it seems hard to farm bosses until merc has solid CB. Could work your way to A5 for pindle, eld, shenk or even WSK.

Would also recommend this 100%. Necro isn’t good at boss farming.
Only decent once they have strong support.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2019 09:12am
Quote (Fyla @ Oct 16 2019 12:51pm)
40 runs isn't intensive at all, especially on P1. 400 would sound much better :D. Just force urself to grind more :thumbsup:

Oh, i agree with you, don't get me wrong... 40 runs is nothing, it just feels like an intense grind, due to the time it takes. If i use my op grail Sorceress, i can do 40 Andy runs in less than 30 minutes, but on this wt they took more than 2 hours. I will grind more... the plan is to do 100 runs, but i might end up doing a lot more if i'm not satisfied with the results. The bad thing is - i hate grinding! I love grinding with my grail characters, because they are strong, quick and the purpose of their grind is completely different, while here i just want to progress further in the wt, not wasting tens of hours in one place. But i guess i'll force myself to grind, there's no other way around it.

Quote (Tkamp @ Oct 16 2019 04:08pm)

That's a good idea. I will try to decrep her and see if i can keep Emilio alive, because so far he gets one shotted and i got tired of resurrecting him, so i just kept killing her on my own.

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on Oct 16 2019 09:13am
Oct 16 2019 09:45am
Quote (KillingIsMyBusiness @ Oct 16 2019 09:12am)

That's a good idea. I will try to decrep her and see if i can keep Emilio alive, because so far he gets one shotted and i got tired of resurrecting him, so i just kept killing her on my own.

Cool let me know how it works, good luck!
Also make sure he has some life leach, even if it's just a crafted blood helm.
Oct 18 2019 09:31am
Quote (Tkamp @ Oct 16 2019 06:45pm)
Cool let me know how it works, good luck!
Also make sure he has some life leach, even if it's just a crafted blood helm.

I tried it and he still dies unless i waste my rejuv potions on him... he has plenty of life leach, 10% in total from the Greyform and the Undead Crown. The bad thing is, even if he survives the fight, it's not much faster (if it is at all) than doing it by myself, cause my Poison Nova is useless against her without Lower Resist. If i get some Crushing Blow for Emilio, then i might try the same strategy again. It's not that bad as it is though, i just have to be more patient with the slow grind, the big negative is that it's slowing down the walk and i can't do regular updates. The scary thing is when it get's boring, because when that happens, i'm getting careless... last night i did 30 runs while jugging 5 beers and i had a few close calls as a result... and i do the runs while listening to music and no in game sound which opens up more risks because i can't hear mobs sneaking on me in the dark... but that's how i do my runs, i have to keep myself entertained somehow.

So i did well over 100 runs so far and there's still nothing to brag about, i have 12 disappointing screenshots (Edit: sorry, 9 disappointing screenshots) to show you... these are drops that are of some use for me, so that's why i'm posting them. I also got a total of 6 unique rings but they were all Nagels, 2 of which where upgrade to my MF percentage, but i didn't screenshot them... i just got so pissed of the constant Nagel drops... i deserve a Stone of Jordan dammit! I also got the Eye of Etlich but i already have the Telling of Beads which is better for me as it packs some resistances that might be needed in Hell. I also got many other uniques and sets, but they were all useless for me or Emilio, so i didn't bother to take pics, what's the point?

Here's the shitty update:

I'll use it when i get the strength... more potion slots

This is better for Emilio than the Grey Form... but the Form has Life Leach and i need Emilio's survivability to be as good as possible... it's hard to decide, i'll stash it for now.

Might be useful in Hell

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on Oct 18 2019 09:41am
Oct 18 2019 09:33am
Stashed for Hell - don't know if i want to dump so much points in strength though...

Here's the mentioned Undead Crown that Emilio uses

I'll keep it...

Oct 18 2019 09:36am
Not much life, but it counts...

New belt

Replacing 11 mana GC with this. And that's it for 100+ runs... And now i'll do 100 or 200 more... because you guys wished for it and because when i go to sleep at night i dream about the fucking Trang gloves! I can't quit now...

Gold: 6,178.00
Oct 18 2019 10:59am
Cool:) i will post my psn necro soon aswell. Atm he is a1 nm, just finished countess.

What helps me for merc survning.... life tap. I just put it on the dudes he is currently attacking.
Oct 18 2019 01:05pm
Could definitely try life tap, but I bet she destroys him due to his low def, bad res, and low damage (needed for life tap to really work).

Honestly man if you don't feel like grinding Andy I'm sure you can handle most of NM without gloves. I'd go get stronger and progress thru to A5 where there are better mov farming spots . Then when you circle back to grind Andy or meph, you'll be stronger and maybe have some better gear from along the way.

This post was edited by Tkamp on Oct 18 2019 01:05pm
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1111213141517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll