d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Chamberlain > Hc P8 Poisoner
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 9 2019 09:36am
HMMMMMMMMMMMM...

RULES:

- HC
- P8 for progress, re-runs can be done on any players setting, because fuck it, i'm too busy even for this!
- Plugy, because i love it. No plugy respecs though!

GOALS:

- Beat Hell difficulty

SECONDARY OBJECTIVES:

- Find good gear - Shako, Homunculus, Spirit Monarch, Arachnid Mesh, Stones of Jordan, Mara's Kaleidoscope, Hearth of the Oak, Call to Arms and MOAR +skills gear (the secondary objectives are not necessary to complete the wt, if i kill Hell Baal this wt will be considered done with or without any of the mentioned items)

There you have it folks, it took me A LOT of time to convince myself to try a p8 hardcore walk, but this morning i woke up with determination to do it. However, i'm still fucking scared man! So at the moment i just want to start the topic, because i have a lot of questions for you guys and i need your help before i begin the wt. You can expect some updates tomorrow or the day after.

1. It's going to be a Poison Nova Necromancer, the question is, how viable is fully developed Nova with synergies in p8 Hell difficulty? Will i be able to kill monster that aren't poison immune, or is it going to be extremely tedious? I know my main damage dealer will be Corpse Explosion, but what about Hell bosses? Crushing Blow for the mercenary, or Nova will do the job just fine?

2. Don't tell me i have to farm for Death's Web... cause that ain't happening!

3. What about leveling? Poison Nova will become available somewhere in act 3 i assume, and summoning skills will be extremely slow in the early game. Is Teeth reliable on p8 normal acts 1 and 2?

4. My plan for the build is to max Nova with synergies and max Corpse Explosion as well. I'll also add one point into Clay Golem, Summon resist and Golem Mastery. For curses i'll use Lower Resist (of course), Decrepify for bosses (if i have to rely on the CB and Merc) and Dim Vision for Souls i guess. Oh yea, all remaining points will go in Bone Armor synergies. Any other suggestions?

5. Honestly now... how bad is this going to be? What do you consider to be the easiest class/build for a hardcore p8 walk (darrajuju, i know what your answer is, so stay quiet)

6. I had more questions earlier today when i planned this, but i tend to forget stuff dammit! So please, any suggestions and help you can think of will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I think i might start this tonight and as always, i'll do lot's of screenshots to document the entire journey. The only minus is time restrictions which will slowdown the updates. You can expect most of the progress to be done on the sundays, because that's my day off from work. That also means that i'm taking a break from my Holly Grail characters for a while, but no worries that will return when i'm done with this... if i die too soon, i'll restart the wt, because i want to reach at least Hell difficulty and then whatever happens there (beat the game or die) will be the end of it.

That's it for now, see you later!

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on Oct 9 2019 09:54am
Gold: 0.95
Oct 9 2019 10:34am
Psn Necros are rough until u get into act 5 for an insight merc.
After that the first big wall ur gonna hit is act 4 NM because pit lords are immune to psn.

A couple players have beaten the game with poison necro, 1 is Pikabhew, maybe his walkthru could give u some hints or clues.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77816636&f=161

This post was edited by 15bucks on Oct 9 2019 10:39am
Gold: 1,110.00
Oct 9 2019 11:14am
Quote (15bucks @ Oct 9 2019 06:34pm)
After that the first big wall ur gonna hit is act 4 NM because pit lords are immune to psn.

A couple players have beaten the game with poison necro, 1 is Pikabhew, maybe his walkthru could give u some hints or clues.

looks like he used psn dagger in the early game.
Oct 9 2019 12:30pm
Quote (15bucks @ Oct 9 2019 07:34pm)

Thank's a lot! I did a quick look of his hell act 5 and it gave me some confidence... don't know if i can spare the time to read the entire wt, but i'll might be checking it out from time to time as i progress through the game.

Quote (gel87 @ Oct 9 2019 08:14pm)
looks like he used psn dagger in the early game.

Yeah, i'm not doing that. :D It's Teeth for me, don't wanna get in melee range at all, i'll be keeping my distance.

So... i played i little bit and just saved Decard Cain. Might as well post the screens now, before i go to sleep... will do the Countess farm and the rest of Act 1 tomorrow.

And so it begins... please game, have mercy on me!

Man, Teeth fucking blows! Already at level 3 i can barely damage even non unique monster groups... Eh, this is going to be a long journey isn't it? And that mana demand... another wt where i'm gonna be an alcoholic, chugging pots like crazy, just like my Bowazon walk.

Okay, let's see how long this will take...

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on Oct 9 2019 12:58pm
Oct 9 2019 12:32pm
It took awhile, let me tell ya...

Ok, let's proceed...

Bish kill - the wand was +2 to Weaken and some other shit that i don't remember... it sold for 5k and that's the important thing

This post was edited by KillingIsMyBusiness on Oct 9 2019 12:47pm
Oct 9 2019 12:34pm
Hell yeah, i'm buying!

My god, that was so slow... fuck Teeth!

Rakanishu was easier with Clay Golem to tank him. I'm already level 9

Oct 9 2019 12:37pm
And the bullshit begins, but that shouldn't be a surprise isn't it?

From now on, i'll boost the Teeth damage with synergies, because the mana demand is getting ridiculous. Besides, i think that way the damage scales better...

A boss pack in Dark Wood delivers the goods!

Oct 9 2019 12:39pm
Now that's a little bit better, but still kinda trolly

FU Woodsky! You scary bastard!

I punished him with Iron Maiden

Oct 9 2019 12:40pm
And i got myself an XP shrine for Tristram, just need to find the Dark Wood waypoint first...

SLOOOW....

Oct 9 2019 12:44pm
Akara's reward - more money for me. Don't mind these necro heads, they are complete garbage for sale! And that would be it unfortunately, i'd love to do the entire act tonight but I'd also like to take some time to read the forum a little bit and then go to sleep because tomorrow's gonna a hard day at work. Act 1 will be completed tomorrow night. Have a nice evening all!

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll