d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Nutrition
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 7 2019 12:27pm
Eat meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar.

lmk what you think
Gold: 150.00
Oct 7 2019 02:59pm
sounds good to me nigga
Oct 7 2019 08:12pm
let me know what your goals are and i can give an opinion on said nutrition. because if you're trying to be fat and unhealthy thats not the proper nutrition
Oct 8 2019 05:45am
Quote (T9000 @ Oct 7 2019 10:12pm)
let me know what your goals are and i can give an opinion on said nutrition. because if you're trying to be fat and unhealthy thats not the proper nutrition

:rofl:
Gold: 1,082.00
Warn: 50%
Oct 8 2019 11:35am
90% my diet is pork, beef, beef tallow, coconut oil, sweet potato, and acorn squash so if u need any advice on optimum health let me knoe
Gold: 1,803.00
Oct 8 2019 11:44am
No reason to eat zero sugar. I could eat all the things u listed and be unhealthy potentially if I eat too much or too little of it.

Eat adequate protein, adequate fats, and adequate fiber. Fill the rest of your calories with carbs, ideally not all of them fast acting. Get your recommended daily amounts of micronutrients.
Do not consume so many calories that you gain excess fat.
^even this is only optimal, but not entirely necessary at all to be considered healthy
what even is healthy, hate that terminology being involved with nutrition tbh

Boom Nutrition

This post was edited by tommyd323 on Oct 8 2019 11:45am
Oct 8 2019 06:12pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Oct 8 2019 01:44pm)
No reason to eat zero sugar. I could eat all the things u listed and be unhealthy potentially if I eat too much or too little of it.

Eat adequate protein, adequate fats, and adequate fiber. Fill the rest of your calories with carbs, ideally not all of them fast acting. Get your recommended daily amounts of micronutrients.
Do not consume so many calories that you gain excess fat.
^even this is only optimal, but not entirely necessary at all to be considered healthy
what even is healthy, hate that terminology being involved with nutrition tbh

Boom Nutrition

i hear you there, thats good stuff.
maybe we should replace "no sugar" with avoid processed foods (usually added sugar and preservatives)
Gold: 1,082.00
Warn: 50%
Oct 8 2019 08:18pm
Quote (IrishJoe @ Oct 8 2019 07:12pm)
i hear you there, thats good stuff.
maybe we should replace "no sugar" with avoid processed foods (usually added sugar and preservatives)

Sugar is highly addictive. Drug addicted mice and rats will forgo their drug addictions for sugar when given the choice, and non drug addicted mice choose it over drugs. And we know how addictive opioids and other narcotics are. I craved sugar for about 3 months after stopping, and I mean a sort of sensation like being thirsty that never leaves your mind and haunts your thoughts day and night. If you can handle it then yeah it's fine, but I suspect most people who would claim they handle it have never tried to quit. Of course you feel fine when you're still getting your dopamine spike. In essence sugar is something our ancestors ate but not something our very distant ancestors ate. They had fruit that was waaaaay less sweet than cultivated creations we make today. Serving of fruit for then would've been more fiber than sugar. It's a purely toxic substance. Which is why I only eat as much meat as I can
Oct 9 2019 02:57am
Quote (hoipolloi @ Oct 8 2019 10:18pm)
Sugar is highly addictive. Drug addicted mice and rats will forgo their drug addictions for sugar when given the choice, and non drug addicted mice choose it over drugs. And we know how addictive opioids and other narcotics are. I craved sugar for about 3 months after stopping, and I mean a sort of sensation like being thirsty that never leaves your mind and haunts your thoughts day and night. If you can handle it then yeah it's fine, but I suspect most people who would claim they handle it have never tried to quit. Of course you feel fine when you're still getting your dopamine spike. In essence sugar is something our ancestors ate but not something our very distant ancestors ate. They had fruit that was waaaaay less sweet than cultivated creations we make today. Serving of fruit for then would've been more fiber than sugar. It's a purely toxic substance. Which is why I only eat as much meat as I can

Yeah sugar is a potent substance! There’s no need to add it to the diet. Fruit is not a horrible source, at the very least you do get some of the diver you’re speaking up plus vitamins. Of all the sources of sugar it is not the worst, but can and should be regulated in a healthy diet.
The above wording of “some fruit” is pretty vague, but if you actually just keep it simple and not over indulge past two-three servings a day you’re good to go. It’s still a better choice over sugary sodas.
Gold: 150.00
Oct 9 2019 04:05pm
Quote (hoipolloi @ Oct 8 2019 01:35pm)
90% my diet is pork, beef, beef tallow, coconut oil, sweet potato, and acorn squash so if u need any advice on optimum health let me knoe

no hot dog water?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll