d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Qled Tv
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 87.00
Oct 5 2019 08:51am
Quote (JVL @ 5 Oct 2019 16:46)
The TV is close to the window and will sometimes be used during day. Mostly at evening with curtains down though but there will be lights turned on. I wouldn't call the room bright per se but with the other things considered it's probably best not to go with OLED eventhough its better tech. I did some digging and found out that the Q in QLED is basically just marketing from Samsung to make it sound like something fancy like OLED to less informed consumers. Whoever in Samsungs marketing team that came up with this deserves a big raise. Anyways, Sony seems to get lots of praise as well if not going the OLED route so it's probably that or Samsung. Rtings seems to have alot of data I can look into.

Thanks guys!

If the curtains are closed during sun light it should be fine, OLED doesnt like to be let in direct sun light either as the diodes are organic tho. Sony OLED uses LG panels so the picture quality will be the same, only difference is in user interface and electronics inside. QLED will be fine for casual use as well, it is only if he is more of movie guy then the OLED is superior. Samsung is bringing microLED TVs to market that should get better picture than OLED, at least in paper, but they will be quite expensive when they hit the stores.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll