d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Rockets 2020
Prev1141516171824Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.60
Feb 17 2020 06:52pm
Nice! The Houston Rockets actually did something with those two open roster spots. I'm impressed.
We need all the bodies we can get. They can get a practice or two in before Thursday's game.
I was watching recent highlights of both players not expecting much but they can help with depth.

Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn ยท14m
ESPN story on Rockets plans to sign DeMarre Carroll and Jeff Green.

Houston plans to use its two open roster spots on forwards DeMarre Carroll and Jeff Green.

The Houston Rockets are doubling down on small ball, planning to use their two remaining roster openings on 33-year-old forwards DeMarre Carroll and Jeff Green, league sources tell ESPN.

Green, a free agent, plans to sign with the Rockets on Tuesday, league sources told ESPN. He will initially sign a 10-day contract with the team, giving him a chance to become comfortable with the fit before committing to a deal for the rest of the season, sources said.

Carroll agreed to a contract buyout with the San Antonio Spurs on Monday, his agent, Mark Bartelstein of Priority Sports, told ESPN. Carroll will sign with the Rockets upon clearing waivers, league sources tell ESPN.
Feb 19 2020 10:03am
Rachel Nichols, Nick Friedell and Kendrick Perkins discuss whether the small ball Houston Rockets have enough to compete for an NBA championship behind James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Robert Covington, coach Mike D'Antoni and GM Daryl Morey.

Gold: 15.00
Feb 26 2020 02:23am
Rockets have one of the EASIEST schedules to end the season. They are looking great!
Feb 26 2020 03:40am
Quote (CiroC @ Feb 26 2020 02:23am)
Rockets have one of the EASIEST schedules to end the season. They are looking great!

The 2nd and 3rd seeds look realistic again. Even in the 4th seed it's not the worst spot to be in. Since acquiring Robert Covington and going all out with the small ball lineup the Rockets are 5-2 with impressive wins over the Lakers, Celtics and Jazz. The two losses were to the Jazz (no Eric Gordon) by one point on a buzzer-beating three, and to the Suns on the road during a back to back (the night after they beat the Lakers) without Russell Westbrook. They were physically drained without their second best player.

Another test tonight against the young and talented Memphis Grizzlies. 7 p.m. game on ESPN.
If the Rockets can beat a playoff caliber Grizzlies team (8th seed) that's another quality win!

Portland fans hate me. Maybe the Rockets should "take it easy" tonight and lose so Memphis keeps a stranglehold on the 8th seed. I'm kidding!

Russ didn't even play against the Knicks. His load management all year long will pay dividends if his knee is healthy in the playoffs.

Feb 26 2020 08:28pm
The small ball Rockets haven't lost a game when Harden, Westbrook, Covington and Gordon all play.

It's scary to think how good they'll be when they have everybody in the lineup.
We've really only seen it that one game at Staples Center against the 1st-seeded Lakers.

They're spanking the Grizzlies with ease tonight without Eric Gordon's sharpshooting.

And they've beaten some very good playoff caliber teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Jazz and Grizzlies (8th seed).
The Rockets are quietly making a move for a top 3 seed in the West. They could be the 2nd seed by next week.

Jay Williams said on the ESPN pre-game show that only the Clippers can beat the Rockets in a playoff series.
LOL, I actually think the Rockets match up very well against the Clippers. The Lakers still worry me more.

This post was edited by Madmartigan on Feb 26 2020 08:32pm
Feb 27 2020 01:41am
Russell Westbrook puts up 33 points, nine rebounds and eight assists as he leads the Houston Rockets to a dominant 140-112 win over the Memphis Grizzlies.

With no center clogging the paint that room to operate is always massive! And Russ and Harden (30 points himself) can attack the basket at will. The crazy thing is the Rockets small ball lineup has played better defense. They force more turnovers and commit less turnovers. Jeff Green was a steal of a signing. I'm glad he chose to sign with the Rockets and not another contender. The veteran quietly had 11 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists in 23 minutes off the bench. In a game Eric Gordon didn't play he still gave them some depth.

A lot of people will laugh at the idea but I believe the Rockets are a more serious threat to win the 2020 NBA Finals than they were with Capela.
Gold: 15.00
Feb 27 2020 04:24am
KD should come to the Rockets.

Imagine that reunion tho
Feb 27 2020 06:30am
Quote (CiroC @ Feb 27 2020 04:24am)
KD should come to the Rockets.

Imagine that reunion tho

I like the way you think! I'd be happy if the Detroit Pistons bought out Blake Griffin this summer.
And then his bad knee somehow becomes good enough to play at a high level and we sign him.
Unlikely though. He still has two years left at $75M. The NBA gave Detroit a disabled player exception.

If the Rockets win the 2020 NBA Finals, which is possible, they'll probably make marginal upgrades.
Somehow and someway the Rockets are going to the promise land with 35-year-old, P.J. Tucker!
Feb 27 2020 08:30am

Going for six wins in a row at Boston on Saturday Night. 7:30 p.m. on ABC. What a huge game on prime time TV!

Gold: 0.00
Feb 27 2020 02:44pm
Don't think they will win the championship though, far away from it
will need slight adjustments in the roster
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1141516171824Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll