d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official 2020 Based Candidate Thread > Yanggang2020
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 4 2019 01:44pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 4 2019 02:19pm)
his rise is great stuff, just hope it stays into next year even though the DNC will 100% squash him if he even remotely becomes a threat to their already laid plans

he’s the best candidate to vote for even if he stands no chance at winning due to the ideas, issues, and potential solutions he puts forward. long-term thinking would be most welcome at any level of government

pretty much all politicians (including Trump) worry entirely about right now issues due to political expediency which is a constant source of frustration and inefficiency at all levels of government

i think to your last point, sadly, no one can get anything done unless it's based on a typifying event. it's almost like they're sitting and waiting for some immigrant to shoot some poor girl before they dare ask for sanctuary cities to be looked into. or from the other side like they're hoping some cop offs someone so they can ask for CJ reform. they can't argue with facts, only exploit fear.

Yang is trying to get ahead of the truly terrifying stuff, sadly no one will take this shit seriously until some company of truckers get laid off, block a highway, and then all commit mass suicide. or at least it seems that way.
Gold: 8.73
Oct 4 2019 01:47pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 4 2019 03:19pm)
his rise is great stuff, just hope it stays into next year even though the DNC will 100% squash him if he even remotely becomes a threat to their already laid plans

he’s the best candidate to vote for even if he stands no chance at winning due to the ideas, issues, and potential solutions he puts forward. long-term thinking would be most welcome at any level of government

pretty much all politicians (including Trump) worry entirely about right now issues due to political expediency which is a constant source of frustration and inefficiency at all levels of government

Weird. I agree with you for once
Gold: 57.00
Oct 4 2019 01:57pm
Quote (SuperButt420 @ 4 Oct 2019 15:47)
Weird. I agree with you for once

i’d tell you to go to hell by yourself and stay there but i never want to see you again

Quote (thesnipa @ 4 Oct 2019 15:44)
i think to your last point, sadly, no one can get anything done unless it's based on a typifying event. it's almost like they're sitting and waiting for some immigrant to shoot some poor girl before they dare ask for sanctuary cities to be looked into. or from the other side like they're hoping some cop offs someone so they can ask for CJ reform. they can't argue with facts, only exploit fear.

Yang is trying to get ahead of the truly terrifying stuff, sadly no one will take this shit seriously until some company of truckers get laid off, block a highway, and then all commit mass suicide. or at least it seems that way.

Yang despite the memes is a long-term thinker. A candidate like Yang is worth voting for even when they will knock his campaign sideways simply because he understands cause and effect (or cares enough to put it as a main campaign point). Aka the type of person where even if you don’t agree with them a lot you can get behind their way of thinking because its problem-solving in nature

Even President Trump focused about long-term issues (anachronistic trade deals from immediate post-WII for instance) for many many years then as soon as he’s elected boom back to putting out fires (many of which are self made)

The more that candidates in this vein are advanced the better

This post was edited by excellence on Oct 4 2019 02:04pm
Oct 4 2019 02:25pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 4 2019 02:57pm)
i’d tell you to go to hell by yourself and stay there but i never want to see you again

Yang despite the memes is a long-term thinker. A candidate like Yang is worth voting for even when they will knock his campaign sideways simply because he understands cause and effect (or cares enough to put it as a main campaign point). Aka the type of person where even if you don’t agree with them a lot you can get behind their way of thinking because its problem-solving in nature

Even President Trump focused about long-term issues (anachronistic trade deals from immediate post-WII for instance) for many many years then as soon as he’s elected boom back to putting out fires (many of which are self made)

The more that candidates in this vein are advanced the better

completely agree. i like MAYBE 50% of yang's platform that he's rolled out thusfar. but he seems flexible, realistic, and problem solving oriented. he's the right kind of non-career politician (business > celeb). and on top of it all he's like matt damon in oceans 13, likeable but forgettable. an undervalued quality.
Gold: Locked
Oct 4 2019 02:45pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 4 2019 12:18pm)
UBI has to be pegged to inflation or it's pointless.

By the time Yang gets into office it will already need to be $1,021.

No, I am saying the UBI will cause price inflation as greedy corporations will increase prices to compensate for the increase in income.
Gold: 10.77
Oct 4 2019 02:50pm
Quote (Testiclese @ Oct 4 2019 01:45pm)
No, I am saying the UBI will cause price inflation as greedy corporations will increase prices to compensate for the increase in income.

You misunderstand. UBI must be chained to inflation so that any increase in prices are already accounted for. Price increases are inflation. If prices increase 3% UBI goes up 3% making it neutral. All that’s happening in this scenario is corporations devaluing the dollar. And that’s good for the dollar.
Gold: Locked
Oct 4 2019 02:57pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 4 2019 01:50pm)
You misunderstand. UBI must be chained to inflation so that any increase in prices are already accounted for. Price increases are inflation. If prices increase 3% UBI goes up 3% making it neutral. All that’s happening in this scenario is corporations devaluing the dollar. And that’s good for the dollar.

It is necessary that any inflation chasing by UBI will be slower than corporations, who can act with significantly more flexibility than the US government. I see it helping, but to think that it will be helping the full thousand is folly.
Gold: 1.93
Oct 4 2019 08:26pm
Quote (Testiclese @ Oct 5 2019 06:57am)
It is necessary that any inflation chasing by UBI will be slower than corporations, who can act with significantly more flexibility than the US government. I see it helping, but to think that it will be helping the full thousand is folly.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Dec 3 2019 07:52am
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/andrew-yang-notches-record-fundraising-haul-by-raising-750000-in-24-hours-211614760.html

BASED

Quote (Plaguefear @ Oct 4 2019 08:26pm)
You have no idea what you are talking about.

UBI does cause inflation which will decrease its effectiveness. he's not wrong at all.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Dec 3 2019 07:53am
Gold: 4,400.67
Dec 3 2019 08:51am
It's really remarkable how such a quirky candidate/campaign who's focused on such a vastly different array of issues compared to the rest of the field keeps hanging in there. He obviously wont be the nominee in 2020 or any future election*, but given how obscure the core theme of his campaign has been to the broader public, and how little support he has from journalists and party elites, he must have really struck a chord to still be in it at such a late stage of the primary.

*if UBI turns out to be a big, important topic for voters, one that has the potential to win elections, then career politicians will pick it up and blow Yang out during, say, the 2028 primary or so. In terms of eloquence, charisma, networking and general knowledge on "how to do politics", Yang wont ever be able to measure up to a talented career politician. The purpose of his campaign ultimately is not to be the nominee, it's to raise awareness for the issue of automation/UBI, and he's doing a fantastic job in this sense.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 3 2019 08:52am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll