d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Trimming Fat
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 26,774.27
Oct 1 2019 09:33pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ Oct 1 2019 09:04pm)
thanks for all the feedback

is there some app i can use potentially to help track of calorie intake daily?

seems like i need to be @ 2.5k or under per day

is it okay to be way under in the early stages to speed up weightloss?

Not really try to find your right amount of calorie intake per day will be a great thing. Otherwise it will cause issues. How much did you ate per day in the first place before wanting to change?
Gold: 1,420.69
Oct 1 2019 09:34pm
Quote (Nihility @ Oct 1 2019 10:33pm)
Not really try to find your right amount of calorie intake per day will be a great thing. Otherwise it will cause issues. How much did you ate per day in the first place before wanting to change?

a number im glad i don't know and would be embarrassed to say im sure
Gold: 26,774.27
Oct 1 2019 09:37pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ Oct 1 2019 11:34pm)
a number im glad i don't know and would be embarrassed to say im sure

Lol well maybe you ate all the time. Try to start with 2500-2700 calories per day and see how your body react. Since from what i understand i think you ate insane amount of food per day
Gold: 1,420.69
Oct 1 2019 09:41pm
Quote (Nihility @ Oct 1 2019 10:37pm)
Lol well maybe you ate all the time. Try to start with 2500-2700 calories per day and see how your body react. Since from what i understand i think you ate insane amount of food per day

ya thats why im looking for a schedule easy to prepare dealio i can go ahead and get behind before i go super in depth into fitness

ill take on working out the same way

general body workouts like back, chest, arms, legs, cardio each with the same set of workouts x amount of reps until im content with how i look and want to target certain body parts moreso
Gold: 32,090.31
Oct 2 2019 07:00am
Quote (Bradleyk @ Oct 1 2019 09:04pm)
thanks for all the feedback

is there some app i can use potentially to help track of calorie intake daily?

seems like i need to be @ 2.5k or under per day

is it okay to be way under in the early stages to speed up weightloss?

There are a lot of apps that are out there now. I've never used one but I know way back in the day myfitnesspal was the app most people used. If you google food tracking apps you'll probably get all of the new ones. I started with writing my stuff down on paper for about a month and then just started to learn to estimate servings after a while and now just do it mentally.

Definitely don't want to go too extreme with the caloric deficit. Think of your body like a well programmed machine. It is designed to keep stored energy (fat) at all costs. If you start eating 1k less than what you need then your body will guess that your food supply is limited and energy intake won't be available for a while so it adapts to this and does everything it can to keep your stored energy and will down regulate other systems that it deems not as important.

I would highly recommend the gym and getting under a barbell to start your progress. Look up starting strength and start doing your big compound movements. Deadlift/squats/ohp/bench. If you feel uncomfortable starting with the bar, you could try dumbbells or the smith machine until you feel more comfortable.

It's tough to type it all out in detail but if you want just a general workout for each part.

Chest -> bench press, incline press, flies
Back -> Pullups or pulldowns, deadlifts, rows (cable/dbs/bb), shrugs
Shoulders -> Overhead press, lateral raise, front raise, reverse flies
Legs -> Squats, leg press, romanian deadlift, lunges, stepups, leg curls, bridges
Abs -> Wheel, plank, deadbugs, birddogs

At the end of the day it's up to you how much effort you want to put in but if you're locked into nutrition and lifting you should see great results.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 2 2019 04:21pm
Not saying I have the best ideas at all, but meal prep for me goes something like:

(variety of seasoning: salt/cayenne pepper/butter)
chicken titties (5-6 lbs)
frozen veggies of choice (broc/cauliflower for me) (3lbs veggie bag from da frozen section unless u like to cut fresh, im lazy bachelor)
rice (1 1/2 cups)
baby spinach and arugula salad with some oil/vinegar/pepper

prep salad first, ez slap leaf in bowl - dont dress it til ya ready to eat unless you like da soggy salad
thaw frozen veggies while cooking rice, these steps take the longest
throw chicken titties on the oiled skillet (im not goin for super healthy so i prefer sunflower or sesame oil, olive oil is fine), and from there you can add a secondary side, or add more seasonings/different seasonings to fit your preferences.

15-18 mins later

= dinner served for a week, portion in tupperware

t4t and bon appetit
Gold: 74.00
Oct 5 2019 09:40am
First off u gotta stop watching anime

^proint ^sjax ^terps ^tb12 ^waifu ^quantumrealm ^adverb ^cheesehead ^winlaw ^sixers ^animea ^zX_THC_B0NG_RiPZZZ_420_Xz ^sheriffcool ^milkmaid ^fuc ^ianarky ^brendon ^prone ^tarheels ^fgs ^hako ^noun ^testiclese ^cummies ^vilify ^wydz ^succ ^wrathofgod1337

Gold: 56.00
Oct 5 2019 10:57am
Try use some gardening shears
Gold: 0.00
Oct 9 2019 09:09pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ Sep 29 2019 11:23pm)
trying to lose weight

unhappy that working from home has put some poundage on

so much so that i feel insecure about going to the gym

trying to lose weight while at home with basic exercises,

currently im looking for something simple i could eat 3 times a day ( doesn't have to be the same thing but something simple to keep a regime, or if its the same thing whatever ) in order to help lose weight so i can get to a place i could feel comfortable going to the gym

also maybe a set of around the house workouts/activities to help move things along

idk if people here offer this advice openly or for fg but i can get fg if needed.

Let me give you a few important pointers but it'll be very short and important that works for me
1) fill up on fibers. It helps with hunger pains and you'll eat less
2) try to drink just water or make your own drink that you can deal with. Honey + water + lemon is great if you can't stick to ONLY water.
3)Get in some cardio or just go on WALKs. Listen to a podcast.
Doing those 3 will make me lose weight and i end up eating whatever i want.

It's basketball season. Im about to just play in pick up games and cut out cardio/walks in the cold. lol
NOw that i';m getting old. I can get away with 1 day per week of heavy lifting or 2 and i'll maintain my muscle mass for life. You just need to stay away from starving yourself too much. Like when you get sick :(. You have to make sure you eat. Otherwise your muscles will melt away :'(

This post was edited by Crankyjimster on Oct 9 2019 09:12pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll