12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 290,420.69
Sep 30 2019 02:23am
trying to lose weight

unhappy that working from home has put some poundage on

so much so that i feel insecure about going to the gym

trying to lose weight while at home with basic exercises,

currently im looking for something simple i could eat 3 times a day ( doesn't have to be the same thing but something simple to keep a regime, or if its the same thing whatever ) in order to help lose weight so i can get to a place i could feel comfortable going to the gym

also maybe a set of around the house workouts/activities to help move things along

idk if people here offer this advice openly or for fg but i can get fg if needed.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 30 2019 10:44am
Eat less, do some cardio. Don’t need a gym to lose weight, just discipline
Gold: 25.65
Sep 30 2019 10:53am
just go to the gym who cares what ppl think. they most likely won't care either. worst case scenario they'll go "oh look at that fat fk" but then literally a min later they will go back to their shit and not give a fk.

what do you normally eat? i bet if you just focus on cutting half the crap that caused the weight gain you'll go back to what u were at before. use common sense here. if you think its good for you eat it (veges fruits whole foods etc...) if you think its not good for you (ice cream soda chips etc) then don't eat it.
Sep 30 2019 12:14pm
i've cut out basically all the shit, like soda and anything super sugary

im kinda looking for the 1 meal i can eat/prepare multiple times a day and have that be what i eat so i can make it really easy to keep to a schedule

if thats even possible
Gold: 26,774.27
Sep 30 2019 03:27pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ Sep 30 2019 02:14pm)
i've cut out basically all the shit, like soda and anything super sugary

im kinda looking for the 1 meal i can eat/prepare multiple times a day and have that be what i eat so i can make it really easy to keep to a schedule

if thats even possible

Chicken meals (chicken breast contains less fat) with veggies
Do 1 hour fast walk per day to start burning fat.
Dont cheat on your meals, cut the sugar in the coffee
Drink green tea, workout or just go play some sport outside

This post was edited by Nihility on Sep 30 2019 03:30pm
Gold: 20.00
Sep 30 2019 08:13pm
Have felt the same in the past, actually what started me on the home gym years ago which pretty much changed my life. Having started working a lot more from home I'm changing up my office setup, getting a motorized desk so I can stand while on the PC (noticed my posture has taken a hit while sitting all the time) and taking frequent breaks to stretch/walk/go get some fresh air. If you have the space setting up a home gym can do wonders, you'd be surprised what you can do with a small space.

E: for reference this was my old setup in a 9'x10' room (last page) https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=64139895&f=60&o=50

On another note - as already mentioned the most important is don't be embarrassed/give a fuck what people think, we all started somewhere, only thing that matters is that you're putting in the effort. Can honestly say if you don't change your lifestyle it doesn't matter if you cut out sugary shit, or eat something 3 times a day, you'll never be mentally satisfied.

This post was edited by Wopsey on Sep 30 2019 08:22pm
Oct 1 2019 01:40am
I think the current play is

Food:
Breakfast - eggs / bacon

Lunch - tuna / fruit

Dinner - chicken breast / broccoli

Everyday until I’m happy with myself to add variety

As for the at home workouts

Pushups
Crunches
Squats ( with weight bands? )
Pull ups
1-3 mile walk/run/jogs

Thoughts? Good bad or?

I’m thinking I want to lose 30-40 pounds before I start getting into lifting

This post was edited by Bradleyk on Oct 1 2019 01:42am
Gold: 32,090.31
Oct 1 2019 07:03am
Alright I’ll bite since you actually seem like you’re not trolling.

Sugar/meal timing/etc don’t mean anything. I can easily lose weight eating nothing but sugar. Same can be said for me eating 1 meal or 6.

Studies have shown that being at a caloric deficit is way more important than worrying about sugar/salt/carb intake/whatever other nutrition myth you believe in.

Aim for 150-200 g of protein a day that you can supplement with protein powder/bars/animal sources(chicken/fish/turkey)/plant sources (beans/seeds/etc.) and then just fill in the rest.

Tdeecalculator.net to find your maintenance number for calories and then eat under that number.

Going to the gym is by far the best option and literally nobody will judge you unless they have a small dick. Most people there are rushing to get through their stuff and get home and don’t have time to care about some random person. If not then find insta videos of workouts that you can do at home.
Gold: 26,774.27
Oct 1 2019 06:28pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ Oct 1 2019 03:40am)
I think the current play is

Food:
Breakfast - eggs / bacon

Lunch - tuna / fruit

Dinner - chicken breast / broccoli

Everyday until I’m happy with myself to add variety

As for the at home workouts

Pushups
Crunches
Squats ( with weight bands? )
Pull ups
1-3 mile walk/run/jogs

Thoughts? Good bad or?

I’m thinking I want to lose 30-40 pounds before I start getting into lifting

Shouldnt be too bad but like braxton said its the truth that being in a calorie deficit is the way to go to lose weight. Eating well helps with the process at the same time of giving you more energy. Work hard in the gym/home and it will go fast. To give you an idea, less than 3 months ago i was at 240 pounds and out of shape. Im at 197 pounds and in pretty good health atm. I do the work in the gym, i run on the treadmill arround 30-40 minutes doing cardio and i eat about 2100-2600 calorie per day, 0.75g of protein per pound and arround 200-250g carbs and about 20-30g of healthy fats (almonds). Those are the numbers that i feel good in.

Just like brax said, see what is your calorie intake per day. And do enough cardio to shred some of those calories to be in a deficit. Just changing the food you eat will shred your weight.pretty fast but adding the calorie deficit will make the process faster.

Fast walk for 30 mins to start and increase it each time you take a walk to reach 60-90 minutes. If you find that boring, bring a ball or something like this to keep you busy while you walk (music does it for me when i take a walk)

Remove the bacon from.the breakfast if you can since it contains a lot of bad fat and try to find an healthier alternative

This post was edited by Nihility on Oct 1 2019 06:37pm
Oct 1 2019 07:04pm
thanks for all the feedback

is there some app i can use potentially to help track of calorie intake daily?

seems like i need to be @ 2.5k or under per day

is it okay to be way under in the early stages to speed up weightloss?

This post was edited by Bradleyk on Oct 1 2019 07:21pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll