d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Ideal Area For A Barb To Level From 26-30? > Patch 1.06b
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 25 2019 07:35pm
I feel my Barbarian is far too weak to go past the River of Flame waypoint. There is a unique pack of Urdars just south of the waypoint. I usually save & exit until I get an experience or combat shrine. It's definitely not the most exciting way of playing.

Does anyone else play the earlier patches, and if so, where did you find the best area to level to 30?

I have the game set to where I can play a full game through TCP/IP. Should I keep running the unique pack by myself or should I find an area in Act 3 with filler characters brought in for the additional experience?

I plan on using a lance in the future, but I am using a one hand plus shield at the moment. Should I gamble a decent rare range 2 one hand to get to 30?
Gold: 255.11
Sep 25 2019 08:48pm
Quote (ShadowFinger @ Sep 25 2019 09:35pm)
I feel my Barbarian is far too weak to go past the River of Flame waypoint. There is a unique pack of Urdars just south of the waypoint. I usually save & exit until I get an experience or combat shrine. It's definitely not the most exciting way of playing.

Does anyone else play the earlier patches, and if so, where did you find the best area to level to 30?

I have the game set to where I can play a full game through TCP/IP. Should I keep running the unique pack by myself or should I find an area in Act 3 with filler characters brought in for the additional experience?

I plan on using a lance in the future, but I am using a one hand plus shield at the moment. Should I gamble a decent rare range 2 one hand to get to 30?

In p8 game flayer jungle should get you to 30 in no time

Anyways hated barb in .06, ww is so cluncky and unviable unless you get a decent lance
Gold: 10,542.77
Sep 25 2019 11:17pm
Quote (Subban2 @ Sep 26 2019 04:48am)
In p8 game flayer jungle should get you to 30 in no time

This.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2019 09:58am
Thank you for the advice. I had a strong feeling the answer was going to be Flayer Jungle in a full game. I just needed to make sure.

I did read about whirlwind being nerfed in 1.03 or 1.04. I read it was savage in 1.00, but lances couldn't drop until 1.04. Many people have stated 1.06b was the most ironed out patch where lances could drop. I ended up leveling a Sorceress to 8 so she could access the imbue quest. I imbued a pike which didn't turn out good. I am going to use it when I hit 30 and then save my three imbues on my Barbarian for lances. Not sure what the best level to imbue is though. I am hoping to find a nice lance with lots of durability as well. 3x durability would be great, but if 5x can spawn, I am all about that.

I would love to play 1.00 but I can't. My classic disks say 1.00 on them, but when I install the game it says 1.03 on the screen.

I was possibly thinking about posting a walk through once I am level 30. So far it's been very boring and I figured nobody would be interested until it gets more exciting from 30 till whenever.

I can't wait to hell cow and see how the king drops.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll