d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Spirit Of Barbs Werebear > Your Opinion??
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.95
Sep 6 2019 07:55am
Quote (Belarathon @ Sep 6 2019 09:38am)
I want to make a vanilla throw/smite pally who aims for enigma/lacerator. You could try that so I can watch and get a blueprint for what to do lol

Explain the build and i will try :thumbsup:
You could totally take the easy route thru norm and use holy shock until Late NM ??

End game skill ideals??
20 Fanaticism
20 Holy Shield
20 Defiance
4 Prereq's to get to Holy Shield
3 Prereq's to get to Fanaticism
1 Prayer
1 Cleanse
1 Vigor
-------------
70 TOTAL

Split rest of the points into Blessed Aim (Passive AR) or Redemption (Reheal)

Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 6 2019 08:10am)
summon nec does ez p8 hell tho. because they use corpse explode, which scales in dmg with player settings because it uses monster HP.

Thats why you take the CE out of the picture..
Instead of the necro carrying a normal weapon, he carries a Edge Bow (until he can make bramble) or just roll with an act 2 thorns merc and deal without the other auras..
Gold: 109.50
Sep 6 2019 08:08am
I was going to max fanat b.aim smite holy shield and 1 to redemption. Aiming for lacerator/hoz/enig/razortail/ias kb gloves
And that’s as far as I got thinking about it haha.
Yeah the necro might be fun if you make a rule no pnb skills allowed could be interesting
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 6 2019 08:10am
Quote (15bucks @ Sep 6 2019 08:55am)
Explain the build and i will try :thumbsup:
You could totally take the easy route thru norm and use holy shock until Late NM ??

End game skill ideals??
20 Fanaticism
20 Holy Shield
20 Defiance
4 Prereq's to get to Holy Shield
3 Prereq's to get to Fanaticism
1 Prayer
1 Cleanse
1 Vigor
-------------
70 TOTAL

Split rest of the points into Blessed Aim (Passive AR) or Redemption (Reheal)

Thats why you take the CE out of the picture..
Instead of the necro carrying a normal weapon, he carries a Edge Bow (until he can make bramble) or just roll with an act 2 thorns merc and deal without the other auras..

Even if you ban pnb skills a summon nec with skellies and revives can still safely crawl the game using lifetap, decrep, and amp. dim vision on casters. bonewall and prison would be tough to lose tho for sure. also bone armor is tough to lose. it would be a fun run, much more fun than summon thorns dudu
Sep 6 2019 08:30am
Quote (Belarathon @ Sep 6 2019 10:08am)
I was going to max fanat b.aim smite holy shield and 1 to redemption. Aiming for lacerator/hoz/enig/razortail/ias kb gloves
And that’s as far as I got thinking about it haha.
Yeah the necro might be fun if you make a rule no pnb skills allowed could be interesting

Why max smite... Your a thrower, not a smiter !!! :lol:

I figured Lacerator, Hoz, Fort, razortail, KB gloves, Gores, Gulimans, Ravenfrost, Blood Craft Ring, Ammy could be blood craft or rare +paladin
But none of this has much LL, so your depending on not getting hit and pots.
Gold: 109.50
Sep 6 2019 08:32am
Quote (15bucks @ 6 Sep 2019 08:30)
Why max smite... Your a thrower, not a smiter !!! :lol:

I figured Lacerator, Hoz, Fort, razortail, KB gloves, Gores, Gulimans, Ravenfrost, Blood Craft Ring, Ammy could be blood craft or rare +paladin
But none of this has much LL, so your depending on not getting hit and pots.

the build i wanted to try was throw/smite! Haha but yeah it would probably be a smiter most of the game until a good throwing weapon dropped
Gold: 144.33
Sep 6 2019 08:35am
It works well enough against melee attackers. Ranged units and casters will be slow going though.

Necro vs hell Diablo: https://youtu.be/PhrOY9xs-z8

Quote (15bucks @ Sep 6 2019 03:38pm)
Very glad you showed a video and link

Is this Online or single player ??
Is it set to players 8 ??
The thorns aura stacks like that? (level 37 in the message bar)

And didn't ever think about the thorns stacking like it showed in the necro video..

He plays HC Europe Ladder, so I assume no other players in the game.

Yes the 'Aura When Equipped' mod will stack together: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php/Aura_When_Equipped.

This post was edited by piatek on Sep 6 2019 08:58am
Sep 6 2019 08:38am
Quote (Belarathon @ Sep 6 2019 10:32am)
the build i wanted to try was throw/smite! Haha but yeah it would probably be a smiter most of the game until a good throwing weapon dropped

Seems like less fun having the smite part.. AS u stated, it would be more smite than throw until u found the lacerator itself....

I will definitely try this after i try the thorns necro.. I'm switching off the summon druid to the summon necro just because it has better possibilities in hell..

EDIT #2 I will run them around the same time, summons in the maggot lair sucks, lol

Quote (piatek @ Sep 6 2019 10:35am)
It works well enough against melee attackers. Ranged units and casters will be slow going though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ti_BQ8R-VA

Necro vs hell Diablo: https://youtu.be/PhrOY9xs-z8

Very glad you showed a video and link

Is this Online or single player ??
Is it set to players 8 ??
The thorns aura stacks like that? (level 37 in the message bar)

And didn't ever think about the thorns stacking like it showed in the necro video..

This post was edited by 15bucks on Sep 6 2019 09:06am
Sep 7 2019 04:53pm
Quote (Belarathon @ Sep 6 2019 10:32am)

I actually started this paladin the other night. And some this morning.. Going Holy fire and throwables to start with and it's kind of interesting...

Murdering everything with holy fire in 1 or 2 hits.
Andy was EZ of course, rad went down after the initial respawning mob was cleared, and picked up cube then had to quit for the day..

Maybe once I hit 24 or so I will respec into holy shock for nightmare and and then respec to physical for hell if I get that far.

I found biggins, the low level unique shield, hsarus boots / shield early. So I might have the luck so far and I hope it continues in nightmare grind when I get there.
Artic armor early also but im sticking to MF gear for now since I'm in ranged attack.

Sigons helm/gloves would be kick ass from normal meph if he will drop it within a few runs..
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll